+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd - Season 14

Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd - Season 14

Donald Driver
    "The Green Bay Packer"

Pro: Peta Murgatroyd

We all know Donald Driver can do a touchdown dance, but how's his Foxtrot? We'll find out soon enough as this gridiron great is stepping into a whole new ballgame.

Donald Driver has overcome a childhood of homelessness and other obstacles to become a Super Bowl Champion and the all-time leading receiver in Green Bay Packers history. After being selected in the last round of the NFL draft, he went on to hold the Packers' all-time receiving records for yards and receptions as well as a host of others.

Having grown up homeless and living in a U-Haul truck for a period of time, Donald was inspired to be one of the most community-minded athletes of our generation. He and his wife, Betina, created the Donald Driver Foundation in 2001 with a focus on homelessness, education and health and wellness initiatives. He has donated his time for hundreds of community appearances.

Donald is most proud of his family—wife Betina and kids Cristian, Christina and Charity. Donald's kids and his commitment to education drove him to write three children's books revolving around the lovable character "Quickie." The books' illustrations and stories are based on Donald's family. He read his latest book, Quickie wins a Championship, at the Library of Congress at an event that featured First Lady Michelle Obama.

How does the excitement of playing in a football stadium filled with thousands of screaming fans compare to the intensity of the competition inside the ballroom? We're pretty sure Donald Driver is about to find out!

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd - Season 14

I've never heard of him, but his smile is infectious. It's what won me over with Hines I also love his story about growing up homeless and not forgetting where he came from. It always turns me off to see athletes flashing their cash and bling and expensive cars around and knowing they aren't attempting to use any of it for good. I'm glad Peta is getting another chance to really prove herself, and hopefully Donald has better rhythm and moves than Metta World Peace did. Since football players have a pretty amazing track record of doing well on this show, I expect Donald to be around awhile.

I at least hope he makes it to Dance Center week; I always like seeing Kenny and Len rib Jerry over how the current football player on the show is better at everything than he is.

FORT Fanatic

I wasn't going to watch much this season, but now that Donald Driver is going to be on, I will have to tune in, at least for him, LOL. He's a super nice guy (from what I've heard!) with great smile! Now I just hope he can dance I'm sure any money he makes will be going to charity. (Although I'm sure that's true with most of the stars, I'm sure there are exceptions to that though!).
    Ellen likes this.

I have never watched a season of DWTS; however, being a life-long Packer fan I will be watching just for Donald! He is a great person. Just a couple of weeks prior to the announcement of him being part of DWTS there was an article in the Green Bay newspaper about how he's willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Packers. In this day and age of high paid atheletes, how many are willing to take a pay cut to stay with a team they really care about and want to be part of? I think it says a lot about his character. If you Google: Donald Driver willing to take pay cut you will find several articles about it, but it first appeared in the Green Bay paper. Looking forward to watching him dance
    Ellen, karalott, sueb1961 and 1 others like this.
    We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act but a habit. - Aristotle

The future depends on what we do in the present. - Mahatma Gandhi

I am so happy with casting for getting Mr. Driver to do this show. It really makes this season exciting
    His smile will light up the dance floor

Love, love, love DD. He is such a great person. I have met him several times and each time he is so gracious and humble. And that smile truly does light up a room. I hope he wins it all, but if not, I hope he lasts long enough so that a bunch of his Packers teammates can show up to support him.
    Ellen likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I have never watched this show but now will because of Driver. He is amazing on the field. GoPackGo!
    Ellen likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

http://pckrs.com/r72z

Great article. Enjoy!

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by delphinidae
    I have never watched a season of DWTS; however, being a life-long Packer fan I will be watching just for Donald! He is a great person.
    Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly
    I have never watched this show but now will because of Driver. He is amazing on the field
    Welcome aboard! That is what is awesome about this show. It brings a whole new audience who don't necessarily watch reality TV or dance shows together. I'm looking forward to seeing how he dances!!
    karalott likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I've always like him, and he was good to me in fantasy football a few seasons ago.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 12345678910 ... LastLast