+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd - Season 14

Re: Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd - Season 14

I love Donald.

Just LOVE him.

I hope, Hope HOPE he and Peta wind up in the F2, AND TAKE THE WHOLE THING.

He's a good man, he works HARD, and he's a wonderful dancer!

I just smile and glow every time I see him and Heavens.

If anybody deserves to hoist the trophy when the shouting's all over, THEY do!
    Ellen, karalott, sueb1961 and 4 others like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Me too ness. Unfortuantely, I don't see it happening. At best, he'll probably get second. But I wouldn't be overly surprised if they try and push him out next week, so they can have a 'championship of former winning pros' in the finals. At least that's how I'd look at it. I heard Donald actually requested Peta, which surprised me on the one hand that he'd go for a total newbie who was out first last season. But I'm glad that Peta has had a chance to go far and really showcase her talents. Every week, after every dance, I think the same thing-they were robbed. This week was no exception. They deserved a 30 for that jive. They deserved to have Len say he wished he had an 11 paddle instead. That was the performance of the season. Very few have stood out, but the ones that have are dances done by Donald, Melissa, and Maria. Everyone else is a forgettable blur.

I love Donald's enthusiasm, his joy at just being on the show, his personality, his attitude, his dancing. Gives me flashbacks to Emmitt Smith. And his kids are too freaking cute I think it'll come down to him and Maria making the finals next week. Could go either way, but I might give the edge to Maria, since she has Derek and his fanbase. I'm sure the scoring will be tighter than ever. I wouldn't be surprised for Donald and Maria to tie and Katherine and William to tie at the top. Just so they can give the illusion that viewer votes matter and it's a close competition. With Melissa gone, Donald is getting all my votes.
    maxkl, Ellen, sueb1961 and 3 others like this.

I just found that Donald has a blog.

Donald Driver discusses Week 8 on 'Dancing With the Stars' - latimes.com

eta
    DD website with lots of good links

Donald Driver 80
    Last edited by wisgalb; 05-11-2012 at 09:11 AM.
    karalott and navybelle like this.

My first post in this thread and I have to say that my two favorites are Donald and Maria. Probably for the same reason. Each one of them brings such joy to me with their dancing. My two favorites of the trio dancing were Donald with his jive and OMG why did he not get 3 10's? Then Maria, but this thread is about Donald so I will address him. Donald was another non dancer who came to this show and showed me from the start that he had natural ability and the determination to win. He wanted to learn how to dance and no matter what he was going to learn. He should be very proud of himself. Donald Driver can dance!!! I think he has a great shot because he has to have a huge fan base. I have never been part of a fan site that covered reality tv shows, so this is a first for me. I have learned a lot that I never knew before. I learned that many people watch this show for the pro and not the celeb. I have no problem with that as every person should watch for their own reason. I have always watched for the celeb. I like to see how they progress each week. Since this show is more about popularity and not just the dancing the people I pick don't always win. Donald just puts a smile on my face each and every time he comes out to dance. I don't understand why he has not been given higher scores by the judges and I am hoping it is because so many people are voting for him that he doesn't need their scores. I don't really know how this works because I am learning so much through different links provided by people that I was not even aware existed. I love his whole family - his beautiful wife and his two kids are so adorable. I have watched videos of all of them and can I just say they too put a smile on my face. I can't wait to see this coming week and what Peta has put together for Donald. In the beginning I thought she was not giving him enough content, but she has stepped it up and I think that is a good thing because Donald can certainly handle whatever she gives him. I so want Donald in the F2. He deserves to be.
    karalott, JunkieGirl, ness and 3 others like this.

BTW . . .

It sure did tug at my heart when Donald said to Peta (after their Trio with Karina) something to the effect of:

"I'm sorry for holding you back." or "I think it's me that's messing us up."

Something along those lines.

Come on, even if you're pulling for another couple to win, I don't think there's anybody who would HONESTLY say that Donald --- based on what he's put out on the floor, so far --- is messing Peta's chances up, or holding HER back.

Those "judges" do not have a CLUE what they're doing.

And THAT is why a lot of people have no respect for them, right now.

Including Len. And on a good day, HE is pretty much the best of the three.

Sad.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Look who is coming to the show tomorrow! We better get plenty of shots of Aaron and Clay or I'll be one unhappy girl.

@Donald_Driver80: Oh! Guess who will be at #DWTS to support me: Coach Mike, Coach EB, Rod Davis, @AaronRodgers12, @ClayMatthews52. Here is the Packer Love!!!
    Ellen, JunkieGirl and wisgalb like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Despite what the judges score/say, I still have faith that Donald will make the finals. Steeler nation was a force to be reckoned with but I believe the Packer fans will also voice their opinion as well!
    ness and wisgalb like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I'm so excited for DD He is in my opinion one of the best examples for our generation of someone that our children can look at as a roll model in the football community and expecially the Green Bay Packers.
    Here is the latest video from our local news whom are reporting that Aaron Rodgers, Clay Matthews and Coach McCarthy will be in attendance tonight.
    Donald, Peta not focused on 10s | Dancing With Donald - WISN Home
    ilja likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Excited to hear some other Packers will be in the House tonight! No messing with Donald tonight... Clay is in the house, better get those "10" paddles out Len!!!
    ness and navybelle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    Excited to hear some other Packers will be in the House tonight! No messing with Donald tonight... Clay is in the house, better get those "10" paddles out Len!!!
    I bet we see the 10 paddle for Donald this week.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread