+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree115Likes

Thread: Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd - Season 14

Re: Donald Driver & Peta Murgatroyd - Season 14

I enjoyed the dance the first time I saw it, but when I rewatched it, I realized how little DD actually did. Plus, his posture is really bad. I thought he was a little over-scored. He's definitely got the personality and the potential, but Peta needs to work on his technique. She did a great job of being hot and flashy and disguising his weaknesses - you know, put a sexy blonde in a gold handkerchief in front of anyone and it distracts from anything (and anyone) else.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I enjoyed the dance the first time I saw it, but when I rewatched it, I realized how little DD actually did. Plus, his posture is really bad. I thought he was a little over-scored. He's definitely got the personality and the potential, but Peta needs to work on his technique. She did a great job of being hot and flashy and disguising his weaknesses - you know, put a sexy blonde in a gold handkerchief in front of anyone and it distracts from anything (and anyone) else.
    Certainly what made Edyta memorable I actually thought Donald did better than most football players do on their debut dance. From what I remember, I feel like more are light on their feet and practically dancing on their tip toes. Emmitt Smith is probably the only football player that I thought did better on week 1 than Donald. But most were all pretty good, and I think Donald will definitely be showing improvement. I've seen comments elsewhere agreeing with Len that there wasn't much cha cha content, and more of Peta showcasing herself. Funny how we can all watch the same show and see different things Out of the 6 cha chas, I thought Donald's was one of the better ones. Maria seemed to be moving in place, while Derek danced around here. Melissa froze but had decent content. I guess Roshon's was a little too hip hop. And I loved William (he can move), but again felt his was too much gyrating.

I'm not expecting Donald to go home anytime soon, which I'm happy about, because he's very enjoyable.

Unfortunately for DD, he's got Peta for a partner. NOT because she's not a good dancer but due to the fact that she's new to the franchise and has no established fan base of her own or enough experience with the ins and outs of DWTS and what the judges/fans enjoy. (Yes, I know she was on the show last year but it was only for one week.) There's always a learning curve with shows like this.

Packers/sports fans will keep him around for a while but I don't think he's a shoe in.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Unfortunately for DD, he's got Peta for a partner. NOT because she's not a good dancer but due to the fact that she's new to the franchise and has no established fan base of her own or enough experience with the ins and outs of DWTS and what the judges/fans enjoy. (Yes, I know she was on the show last year but it was only for one week.) There's always a learning curve with shows like this.

Packers/sports fans will keep him around for a while but I don't think he's a shoe in.
    I actually wondered if that's why they gave Peta DD (and Sherri to Val). Not just because Peta's one of the tallest females, because Anna and Cheryl are on the shorter side and have each partnered 6+ foot athletes. But to give Peta a chance to stick around, make the audience more familar with her, and let her begin to establish her own pro-built in fanbase that the others have grown over the years. Even if Donald doesn't make the finals, he likely isn't going anywhere anytime soon (barring, of course, a huge surprise-which I think will be reserved for another celeb-or having to bow out due to an injury). Val at least is known for being Maks's brother, and he's done a lot of pro numbers throughout the years. I think the first time Peta did anything on the show was season 10 or 11 with her boyfriend Damian, then she joined the troupe. The producers may be looking to make Peta a permanent fixture and have her take the place of one of the veteran female pros.

Quote Originally Posted by Delphinidae View Post
    I have never watched a season of DWTS; however, being a life-long Packer fan I will be watching just for Donald! He is a great person. Just a couple of weeks prior to the announcement of him being part of DWTS there was an article in the Green Bay newspaper about how he's willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Packers. In this day and age of high paid atheletes, how many are willing to take a pay cut to stay with a team they really care about and want to be part of? I think it says a lot about his character. If you Google: Donald Driver willing to take pay cut you will find several articles about it, but it first appeared in the Green Bay paper. Looking forward to watching him dance
    I've never watched DWTS, either but I'll watch this season as long as Driver is on! It's great to be able to get a #80 fix in the off-season!
    I wonder: if he gets a perfect score, will he do a Lambeau Leap into the audience? Or judges' stand?
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I feel like Donald must be running away with this competition in the fan votes, to the point where the judges could each give him a -10 and he'd still survive and win. I don't get their logic, but what else is new. Donald is definitely one of the best dancers this season, up there with Katherine and Roshon. The judges seem to love him and say he's doing everything right, but then their scores don't add up. But again, nothing new there. He is so much fun and enjoyable to watch. I love his spirit and dedication, and excitement at going out there every week and giving it his all in every way. He lights up the dance floor. I look forward to watching him for many weeks to come. As for Len's about face on the scores from last week-I may not always agree with Len, but it's why I like him as a judge. The other two would never admit they were wrong. It's why I think the couples should really only pay attention to what Len says, and care about his scores. A 10 from Len is more meaningful than one from the 2 stooges on the end.

Oh yeah, his kids are freaking adorable.
    Ellen and sueb1961 like this.

I enjoyed Donald, but I was a tad underwhelmed this week.He seemed like he was rushing to keep up or something. But, he is still one to watch, just an off week perhaps?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I wondering what story DD will tell this week. He went through some pretty hard times growing up so that could be an option. Or anything relating to his family or sporting career would work as well. I'm just excited to them perform again and maybe see a teammate or two in the audience.

Here are his two oldest children doing through own dance routine.

Donald Driver Dancing With The Stars - Goodwill Week 2 Exclusive - YouTube!
    wisgalb likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

OMG they are so cute!! I like their routine, I will give them a 9!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Donald is a coach's dream. Whether on the gridiron or on the dance floor, he takes constructive criticism and good advice to heart, and will move heaven and earth to make the suggested improvements. It showed this week in the accuracy of his shoulder, arm, and hand positioning. Betcha anything that next week, we'll see the same sort of actions taken on this week's judges' suggestions. And the joyful smile will continue to light up the studio.

I'm just waiting for a Lambeau Leap...
    Florimel likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread