Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff - Season 14

Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff - Season 14

Gavin DeGraw
    "The Platinum Pop Star"

Pro: Karina Smirnoff

We all know Gavin DeGraw can sing. Now we're gonna see just how well he can dance!

Gavin is no stranger to the top of the charts. He first broke through with the 2003 release of his debut album, Chariot, which sold over a million copies, earned platinum certification, and yielded three hit singles: "I Don't Want To Be," "Follow Through," and the title-track, "Chariot."

Gavin's self-titled second album debuted at No. 1 on the digital sales chart and at No. 7 on Billboard's Top 200 album chart in 2008, earning Gavin his first Top 10 album. It spawned the hit singles "In Love With A Girl," which Billboard dubbed "a rocking home run," and the gold-certified "We Belong Together." In 2009, Gavin released Free as a gift to his die-hard fans clamoring for recorded versions of Gavin's live favorites.

Gavin released his third studio album, Sweeter in September of 2011. The album's first single, "Not Over You," co-written with OneRepublic's Ryan Tedder, was just certified platinum, is a huge hit and has been climbing the sales and radio charts since its June 2011 release. Wonder if he's get to do a QuickStep to any of his tunes on Dancing with the Stars

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Re: Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff - Season 14

Another singer...who most likely has a good beat...so Karina might have another good season with him

Who is John Galt?

I think I remember a quote from him regarding the hat he constantly wears. He said "I wear the hat because I don't have to comb my hair". That is the extent of anything I know about him.

And in an interview (radio I think?) he called Karina his "little Russian butterfly." Aww. Gavin's father is Irish but his mother had Russian-Jewish ancestry. I like this couple and hope they have a few weeks but I always find it impossible to predict. He's an interesting guy - his dad was a prison guard and he mentions that in his song "I Don't Want To Be [anybody but what I am"] or something like that - may have the title wrong.

Last August, he was beaten up while walking home, alone, from a nightclub he and his older brother Joey (who's also a musician) own in New York City. He was hit by a taxi after the attack! and taken to Bellevue Hospital, where he was treated for a concussion, broken nose, black eyes, cuts and bruises sustained "when a group of unknown assailants attacked him in Manhattan's East Village."

Afterwards, he tweeted, "Hi my friends. Honestly, I don't remember much. I only know I can recover from here. Thank u all for your genuine concern. I love u guys."
    Last edited by Elsa66; 03-07-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Love him and his personality! I hope he can dance too lol. I'd like to see him stick around awhile.
    ilja likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I think I remember a quote from him regarding the hat he constantly wears. He said "I wear the hat because I don't have to comb my hair". That is the extent of anything I know about him.
    I remember that Len didn't like Louie Vito's hair because it was long and kind of scraggly. Not sure if he'll like Gavin's hats if he chooses to wear them continually in the dances (or his hair if he doesn't comb it). I heard Karina, who's a fan of Gavin's, called him and encouraged him to do the show. Not sure how long they'll last. Seems like he has a decent sized fanbase. But I really think it's up in the air with fanbases and predictions until we see the first two dances (which is why I'm really looking forward to the premiere-completely unpredictable!) And he's touring, so a good way to get the word out. However, if he can't dance, and doesn't have the time to put into practice, then that could hinder him.

Does Gavin have a girlfriend or is he married? Just wondered if these two will become a 'showmance' story line this season.

Love him! I'm not a regular DWTS watcher, but I'll watch this season at least til he goes. Unfortunately, I think that will be kind of soon...from what I've read, he doesn't sound like one of the more competitive types on the sown.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

He did better than I thought he was going to. But he does have a lot of work to do. Hopefully he can bring his music ability to dancing
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    He did better than I thought he was going to. But he does have a lot of work to do. Hopefully he can bring his music ability to dancing
    I'm not really sure what to make of Gavin. Going by some pre-show interviews and clips, I was expecting him to be worse, but I'm not thinking his jive will be as good as the judges are thinking. He seemed to be very nervous by the way he kept responding to everyone everytime they had a comment. He seems very nice, and Karina seems happy. Not sure how long I see him lasting, but he might break out of his shell.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast