Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff - Season 14

Re: Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff - Season 14

Like many, I first discovered Gavin's music while watching "One Tree Hill". I loved seeing him on the series finale. He also sung "Soldier" (from his "Sweeter" album and "Belief" (from his debut album, "Chariot"). Love his music and also love him on DWTS. There is something about his demeanor that's appealing to me. He seems shy, yet personable, approachable and funny. I hope he keeps improving and that he stays on for a while longer.
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainBreeze View Post
    Like many, I first discovered Gavin's music while watching "One Tree Hill". I loved seeing him on the series finale. He also sung "Soldier" (from his "Sweeter" album and "Belief" (from his debut album, "Chariot"). Love his music and also love him on DWTS. There is something about his demeanor that's appealing to me. He seems shy, yet personable, approachable and funny. I hope he keeps improving and that he stays on for a while longer.
    So glad to see you posted this as I came here to do the very same thing. I loved One Tree Hill and that is how I first became familiar with his music. I loved that he performed on the series finale. Hope I am allowed to say that I will miss this show. Nine years was a great run, but will miss it. I also was happy that Gavin has improved on DWTS. I know it's a tough season, but I hope to see him stay longer.
    tapper01 and MountainBreeze like this.

Quote Originally Posted by yourefired View Post
    For those of you unfamiliar Gavin sang the theme song for One Tree Hill called I Don't Wanna Be. I bring this up because he appeared on tonight's series finale singing that song. It moved me to tears when he stopped singing and the crowd, most notably the entire cast, sang the words. He was really enjoying himself. I'm hoping his appearance on OTH tonight reminds all the OTH fans how much they love him and they'll vote for him.

He is also known for being assaulted last year in New York after a show. He was beaten up pretty badly on the street. A song from his most recent CD called Not Over You is one of my favorite songs right now. You should check it out.

BTW he always wears the hat. He wore it on OTH tonight and he did on the most recent cd cover. It's his thing. Also, it's hard to believe I Don't Wanna Be came out 10 years ago!
    Just have to tell you that I loved your post. You were not the only one who was moved to tears.
    tapper01 likes this.

I first came across Gavin about six years ago. I had three kids 3 and under, and the new baby screamed his head off day and night (we later found out he had severe food allergies). Many, many afternoons I would buckle the kids in the car and drive around just to give me some quasi-peace. My whole life I'd been a huge music fan, but I had no time to follow what was going on--the car radio was my only link to the musical outside world in those days. For some reason, the station I listened to had Gavin's songs in heavy rotation, and I just drank them up. His stuff at that point was more rock-oriented, and sitting behind the wheel I could feel just a tiny bit connected to my old self. Needless to say, he's been a favorite since then.

Very cool that his fans here came to his music in different ways.
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.

I enjoyed him tonight.Karina is able to make him pay attention. It wasnt the best dance of the night, but for me, it wasn't the worst .I hope he stays
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

This was his best dance so far. I hope he isn't in the bottom 2 again. He needs some confidence
    Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Yay--not in the bottom two! I hope being safe this week gives Gavin some confidence for the next dance.

I'll vote like mad again next week, but at this point, I'm happy with whatever happens. He was a long shot to even make it past the first elimination, so he should be proud to have made it this far.

I voted for him and will continue to give him some of my votes. I like him
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I really hope that he gets the confidence he needs now that he wasn't in the bottom 2. I was so happy for him. He looked genuinely surprised
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

This may be what he needed. Next week I bet they try even harder( all of them)
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast