Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff - Season 14

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Gavin DeGraw & Karina Smirnoff - Season 14

I felt so bad for him last night. It looked like he felt so defeated when he was announced as the bottom 2 again. I really hope he does well next week
    ilja and Jaceegirl like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

QUOTE=fireflyer;4455591]The hat is beginning to wear on me.[/QUOTE]
    That sounds funny firefly, maybe you should, wear it, so he cant!

I agree with you . I thought he might be bald, but he has nice hair, so lets see it!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm pretty much out of touch with modern music, and I had never heard of Gavin DeGraw before this season of DWTS. I still have no idea what kind of music he performs.

One thing did impress me, though. When they showed Martina being eliminated at the beginning of last night's "review" show, he leaned over to her - looking her right in the eye - and said, "It has been my honor to dance on the same stage as you." I thought that was a really classy thing to say.
    karalott, Florimel, ness and 4 others like this.

I did as well. AZ. Very classy. I googled him and he has a lovely lovely voice. He seems shy, I like his style.
    AZChristian likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

AZ - he sings pop music. He has had several really big hits. You should youtube him and listen to one of his songs if you get the chance. He's one of my favorite pop singers right now. He seems to be quite the gentleman too on top of everything else.

So glad that Gavin gets to stay another week. He is the kind of person that I like to see on the show, one that you can see their progress and talent grow every week. Not some push button contestant that basically is perfect right out of the gate. I hope he continues to grow and can get out of the bottom two next week!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Yes, if you check out his songs you'll realize you've heard them on the radio.

My obvious fandom aside, I too am happy to see someone who started with no dance knowledge and who improves every week (which is why I also liked Martina). Otherwise I feel like I'm just watching a group of professional dancers...which is fine, I guess, but not what I thought the show was about.

Gavin definitely signed on for the wrong season. Unless he improves dramatically--so that people who are purely dance fans will vote for him--I don't see how he can stay out of the bottom two. It's weird to me that someone who has a current hit doesn't seem to have a large voting fan base, but people who were on TV 20 or 30 years ago are racking up enough votes to stay safe. The demographics of the show, I guess.

That said, I would never want anyone who isn't deserving to stay based on their fan votes alone. I guess that's the point of the new elimination format the next couple weeks.

That said, I would never want anyone who isn't deserving to stay based on their fan votes alone. I guess that's the point of the new elimination format the next couple weeks.
    I dont either .But this does happen, fans will vote for the pro they like. It's that simple. Perhaps that's why the judges will have the last say

I voted a few times for Gavin, and a few others I thought danced extremely well.
    -Andy Rooney-

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

For those of you unfamiliar Gavin sang the theme song for One Tree Hill called I Don't Wanna Be. I bring this up because he appeared on tonight's series finale singing that song. It moved me to tears when he stopped singing and the crowd, most notably the entire cast, sang the words. He was really enjoying himself. I'm hoping his appearance on OTH tonight reminds all the OTH fans how much they love him and they'll vote for him.

He is also known for being assaulted last year in New York after a show. He was beaten up pretty badly on the street. A song from his most recent CD called Not Over You is one of my favorite songs right now. You should check it out.

BTW he always wears the hat. He wore it on OTH tonight and he did on the most recent cd cover. It's his thing. Also, it's hard to believe I Don't Wanna Be came out 10 years ago!
    MountainBreeze and Jaceegirl like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just watched the video of "I Don't Wanna Be." I liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Just watched the video of "I Don't Wanna Be." I liked it!
    Its good isnt it? I like his music
    -Andy Rooney-

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast