+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Gladys Knight & Tristan MacManus - Season 14

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Gladys Knight & Tristan MacManus - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I don't see Tristan anything like Tony/Jonathan, he was sorta able to tame that Nancy beast. If you can make that woman look decent on the dance floor, you can pretty much do anything.

I do wonder if they will put Val in that nice guy slot. Nice guy vs bad boy brother thing would be a new twist.
    I think what I mean is, Tristan is popular, but he's nice, patient, kind, and caring, like Tony and Jonathan were. Not to say the other male pros aren't all of those things, either, but Maks, Derek, and Mark all seem to have a certain spark that makes them stand out. For better or worse. Tristan seems like the kind of guy that, like Tony, would be less likely to kill Kate Gosselin if he had her as a partner, whereas one of the other pros might commit a ballroom massacre. I don't know if Val will be in the nice guy slot, but I don't think they'd designate another "bad boy" of the ballroom, at least while Maks is around. And while I see a lot of similarities in he and Maks, there's also a lot of personality difference. But Val is still finding his way, like Tristan and Peta are.

I do think having the quickstep week 2 will be a lot better for Gladys, and I'm sure it's no coincidence she got that dance assignment. I'm not really sure I see any train wreck potentials with the jives so far, but it can be a much messier dance since there are kicks, flicks, and you're not in hold with your partner. It's a lot easier to spot the mistakes than a quickstep. It's why I wish they'd go back to having the rumba, mambo, or salsa as the week 2 latin dance.

Really looking forward to seeing what they can do. From the videos out of them so far, I love the playfulness that seems to be between them. I don't think I've ever seen Tristan smile so brightly in any interviews before. They both seem to be having a great time and that bodes well. Can't wait for Monday
    Fanny Mare likes this.

She looks so happy to have him as her partner. I wonder if Tristan enjoyed St Patrick's day
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

In the first meeting video on ABC.com, Tristan and Gladys both seemed very happy. Tristan's mom is apparently a fan of Gladys, so he was very surprised to get her as a partner. They didn't show a lot of them rehearsing, but even that little bit showed that Gladys will be, I think, a definite improvement over Nancy. The two of them seem to be getting along just fine too.

Considering Corky Ballas often gets brought in solely to partner the female celebs in Gladys's age group, I'm glad they didn't bring him in for her, and that Tristan showed you don't have to make your partner a laughingstock because she's "older". For someone that's 68, Gladys did amazing. I thought she actually outmoved Maria, Martina, and Gavin. I wondered if Bruno was getting in a dig without meaning to when he called her "a real star". I do hope, if Gladys doesn't deliver, the judges don't overdo the scoring and praise because of who she is. Everyone seemed pretty star struck. I love Tristan, and I'm sure Gladys will go out giving it all she's got. She seemed quite humbled and surprised by the reaction she got.

And Brooke? I can understand Tristan just fine. I think you proved why you wouldn't be Brooke without that comment about translating his accent
    Last edited by karalott; 03-20-2012 at 03:51 AM.
    combatcutie, nanarama and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Considering Corky Ballas often gets brought in solely to partner the female celebs in Gladys's age group, I'm glad they didn't bring him in for her, and that Tristan showed you don't have to make your partner a laughingstock because she's "older". For someone that's 68, Gladys did amazing. I thought she actually outmoved Maria, Martina, and Gavin. I wondered if Bruno was getting in a dig without meaning to when he called her "a real star". I do hope, if Gladys doesn't deliver, the judges don't overdo the scoring and praise because of who she is. Everyone seemed pretty star struck. I love Tristan, and I'm sure Gladys will go out giving it all she's got. She seemed quite humbled and surprised by the reaction she got.

And Brooke? I can understand Tristan just fine. I think you proved why you wouldn't be Brooke without that comment about translating his accent
    Completely agree with everything you said
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Brooke's stupidity never ends, does it? Considering, ya know, Tristan actually speaks ENGLISH with an ACCENT. Seriously, how ding-dongy can you get?!

Aside from the episodic Brooke annoyance, I LOVED Team MacKnight! Gladys had rhythm, grace, humility and is adorable! Threw every vote I had their way. Their partnership seems to be one of mutual respect and admiration, and I'm beyond thrilled that they were paired up. Despite her long-lasting career and accomplishments, she listens and respects Tristan enough to allow him to do his job. He, in return, doesn't treat her like a fragile, older person, but respects her and allows her to shine. The woman can dance, and I'm already anticipating their quickstep.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

LOVED Gladys & Tristan. Gladys showed that she still has moves and Tristan - I've loved Tristan from the beginning. To me, he won't ever be just the "nice guy". I think he & his accent are HOT!
    karalott and Elsa66 like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

We should all hope to dance with that abandon at 67.
    karalott and Elsa66 like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainBreeze View Post
    Brooke's stupidity never ends, does it? Considering, ya know, Tristan actually speaks ENGLISH with an ACCENT. Seriously, how ding-dongy can you get?!

Aside from the episodic Brooke annoyance, I LOVED Team MacKnight! Gladys had rhythm, grace, humility and is adorable! Threw every vote I had their way. Their partnership seems to be one of mutual respect and admiration, and I'm beyond thrilled that they were paired up. Despite her long-lasting career and accomplishments, she listens and respects Tristan enough to allow him to do his job. He, in return, doesn't treat her like a fragile, older person, but respects her and allows her to shine. The woman can dance, and I'm already anticipating their quickstep.
    When you think about it, there are more people on the show who have an accent of some sort, even if it's not as pronounced as Tristan (Kym, Peta, Anna, Karina, Maks, Val, Tony, Len, Bruno). And yet I can still understand all of them just fine. Brooke? She's the one I sometimes need the translator for, and she speaks perfect english. I'm sure that was just meant to be a funny, and if it came from just about anyone else (namely only Tom) I would have brushed it off. But it just seems like such an idiotic Brooke thing to say.

As I said before, I worry because Tristan is such a patient sweetheart with a heart of hold, that he'll become the new Tony, and get all the headcases, divas, and lost causes. But he can certainly make his partners shine! Gladys has had only amazing things to say about him, and you can tell that their chemistry just glows out of respect for each other. I think Gladys will go far, based on fanbase, but no matter how far she gets, she still left an amazing impression. I never would have expected to see someone of her caliber on the show, but am glad she's here. I love her attitude that she doesn't think she's too big for the show.
    Elsa66 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast