+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Jaleel White
    "The Sitcom Star"

Pro: Kym Johnson

"Did I do that?" This was the catchphrase Jaleel White made famous as Steve Urkel on his hit sitcom Family Matters. The series is one of 22 shows in television history to reach 200 episodes. Jaleel has brought laughter to millions of people around the world as a multi-talented actor. He has also become an emerging screenwriter.

While attending UCLA's School of Film and Television, Jaleel occupied a dual role as star and producer of the UPN series Grown-Ups. Upon graduating from UCLA, he worked as a WGA writer for such notable companies as Imagine Entertainment and Disney Channel Television. He has also resumed acting, playing guest starring roles in Boston Legal, House, NCIS and Dreamworks' Dreamgirls.

Last year, he played a role in the feature film Judy Moody and the Not So Bummer Summer, voiced the role of Sonic the Hedgehog and wrote, produced and starred in his own web series Fake It 'Til You Make It.

Jaleel currently plays recurring roles on USA Network's cable smash Psych and the Nickelodeon series Problem Solverz. Coming up, he will host the new SyFy game show Total Blackout and will begin production on a film which he co-wrote titled Parkin' Lot Pimpin.

Jaleel is used to entertaining us on TV, but he'll be doing so on a totally different stage now. If he ever scores a 10 from the judges, do you think Jaleel will ask, "Did I do that?" We have no idea. But we can't wait to find out!

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Steve Urkel grew up nice Very excited to finally see someone from Family Matters (one of my all time favorite shows) finally representing on the dance floor. Had hoped for a long time Jaleel, or the actors who played Eddie and Laura, would finally show up. I like how Jaleel said he finally accepted the shows offer after being asked in seasons past: he said this time they went through his mom and she accepted on his behalf. I've always loved Kym and these two already seem like a lot of fun. Hopefully he polkas all the way to the finals!
    combatcutie likes this.

Oh I remember him...it's Urkel...from Family Matters...now I will definately have to root for him

Love me some Urkel.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Who is John Galt?

OMG! Urkel has grown up. I have a feeling he will do well. He is a comedian and in good shape, so he probably has good physicality. If he has the rhythm and musicality, he should so well.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Not trying to be crass, but in interviews about his time on Family Matters Jaleel said the whole character of Stefan came about due to his um development. He said if you notice the pants got looser because he was getting more manly and the Urkel pants didn't leave anything to the imagination. After I heard that, I began looking at Urkel totally different. He did grow up into a nice looking man. Smart too. He went to UCLA after the show ended. I'm excited to see what he will do..........and how tight the pants are!
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Can't wait to see Jaleel!
    combatcutie and karalott like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

In terms of being humble, it was nice to see Jaleel act all down to earth and surprised by the response his foxtrot got. I really can't wait to see his jive. I think he's definitely going to bring it in the latin rounds, and I'm anxious to see his different styles when having to be dramatic and sexy (paso, AT). I liked how Jaleel gave his mom a shout out when Brooke asked him why he did the show. I'm assuming that was her in the audience. He's one of my front runners to possibly make the finals. I adore Kym and am going to love these two together. Kym's one of my favorite choreographers, so I can't wait to see what she's got in store down the road. I think we're going to get some good routines.

I'm also glad the Urk-man is a child star success story, and didn't wind up on the road that some tragically do.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-20-2012 at 03:08 AM.
    combatcutie likes this.

I loved their dance, it was fabulous and my favorite of the night! Barring his performances tanking for some reason, he gets my votes this season.

Long live the Urk-Man!
    karalott and nanarama like this.

He really did look like Gregory Hines! Very elegant!
    karalott and Fanny Mare like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 22 1234567891011 ... LastLast