+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Based on what we've seen of his dancing ability, I think his chances of winning were ruined the first time he stepped on the dance floor. He ain't all that.
    Well, I liked their first dance a lot. (Contrary to some opinions, including the judges', I don't think he came close to being as good as Gregory Hines.) I was not crazy about their second dance or the one last Monday.

I'm separating the temper flareup report from what I see on the dance floor. The first week, I really felt he was good. Now, meh. But terrible? Nah.
    ness likes this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ok, I'm calling a LOT of tabloid B.S. on this whole "event".

1. We've already heard that the paparazzi are swarming around the studios 24/7.
    2. Jaleel is uncomfortable being filmed 24/7 when he's rehearsing - I would be, too. shoot, you couldn't scratch yourself if you needed to. The cameras are bound to catch SOMETHING, even if you're a saint.
    3. It was Jaleel's mum who wanted him to go on DWTS. The fact that Jaleel agreed to do it because his mum asked him to, well - props to him in my book.
    4. Jaleel HAS done other work since Family Matters. Among other things, he has a recurring role on Psych, and he's very good, IMHO.
    5. The producers have a whole weeks' worth of filming that they condense into 2 minutes or so for the previews before the dance. If you've ever noticed, most of the preview footage is from when the teams FIRST start learning a new dance. So, they're looking all clumsy and then come out on the floor and shine - it's just good TV. So, I don't think the producers were holding anything back, it just happened later in the week and wasn't important enough to revise the preview.

What do I think happened? I think Jaleel stepped on Kym's foot, she said "ouch". Something else happened. Then afterwards, something caused Jaleel to snap at Kym about something. He wouldn't be the first celeb to snap at his pro during training - the celebs try very hard to get the steps down and it can be very frustrating for some. Someone said something to someone else who said something to the paparazzi and they ran with it, like the vultures they are.

I guess I'm saying that the whole
    1. Jaleel stepped on Kym's foot
    2. Kym said "ouch"
    3. Jaleel blew up and started yelling at Kym and calling her an idiot.
    scenario doesn't make ANY sense to me.

And, I'm not about to vilify Jaleel based upon ONE trashy magazine's story.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Fan

No one responded to my post about Jaleel playing the son of Gladys Knight on a show called Charlie and Company back in 1986. Is that common knowledge? Did they mention it on DWTS? Has Gladys shown any kind of special relationship with him? I'm just wondering about her take on the bad behavior of her "son."

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    No one responded to my post about Jaleel playing the son of Gladys Knight on a show called Charlie and Company back in 1986. Is that common knowledge? Did they mention it on DWTS? Has Gladys shown any kind of special relationship with him? I'm just wondering about her take on the bad behavior of her "son."
    I have never heard her talk about him. I dont believe that show has been mentioned, just him playing Urkel.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Did anyone see the interview w/Nancy O'Dell that Jaleel did? I caught it a bit late tonight, they were already discussing his custody fight and the allegations against him by his ex-girlfriend. I'm just wondering if they mentioned anything about the DTWS thing either to him, or in the intro? Interesting that they are airing that interview now, when it could have been taped earlier, maybe just because every other outlet has something on him? And if it was taped before the "incident" then of course there wouldn't be any mention of it.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Did anyone see the interview w/Nancy O'Dell that Jaleel did? I caught it a bit late tonight, they were already discussing his custody fight and the allegations against him by his ex-girlfriend. I'm just wondering if they mentioned anything about the DTWS thing either to him, or in the intro? Interesting that they are airing that interview now, when it could have been taped earlier, maybe just because every other outlet has something on him? And if it was taped before the "incident" then of course there wouldn't be any mention of it.
    They did talk about the incident. Jaleel said what was reported didn’t happen and that Mark Ballas did not come into the room, even for one second.

Re: domestic violence allegations Jaleel said he has never been arrested, there was never any physical or verbal abuse, and certainly no charges. He and his ex gf were in a bitter custody battle for their daughter, and the day of the court appearance his ex gf filed a domestic violence complaint (I think he said with the police) the morning of the hearing.

The thing I found interesting was that when he ex gf found out he was going to be on DWTS she sent him an email, wishing him gook luck and signed with a happy face. A dew days later he learned she had sold her story to The Star claiming he cheated and abused her, but that he was a good father/provider to their child. The Star responded that ex gf (Bridget Hardy) just wanted to tell the truth and they wish him the best. They did not confirm or deny that she was paid.

(Oh - after writing all that I found this):

Jaleel White on the Record About Abuse Claims | ETonline.com

Sounds like the girlfriend is real piece of work! The MINUTE she hears Jaleel will be on a hugely-viewed TV show for at least a few weeks, she sees $$ DOLLAR SIGNS $$ and starts looking for a way to profit off his fame.

So she goes to the place that will pay $$$$ her for dishing dirt about a celebrity (whether the "dirt" is true or not doesn't matter... they pay for "dirt", not for honesty).

About the claim of "She just wanted to tell the truth", that's hogwash. Why here, why now, at the exact time Jaleel will be a temporary hot-item commodity? She couldv'e told her "truth" at any time in the past several years. She just apparently happened to want it told at the EXACT time it is worth the most $$.

Her story would've been believable a couple years ago, but the present timing just casts too much doubt on its validity.
    karalott and RBmumsie like this.

Her story would've been believable a couple years ago
    Only if it was backed up by FACTS (for me). Police reports, photos, corroboration of any neighbors/witnesses, conviction, jail, etc.

I have not seen the story in The Star, nor do I intend to.

I thought she had complained about him some time ago.I didnt realise this was all so recent
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

If she wanted to present the "truth", she'd have talked to a LEGITIMATE magazine. She just sold out for the $$$$.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread