+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Right, if he doesn't like the cameras he shouldn't have signed on. Besides, the celebs get a hefty fee - minimum $250k, and in the past some have negotiated a fee as high as $400k regardless ihow long they last. They also get a $100k bonus if they make the finals.
    karalott and ness like this.

Since they feel this should be kept in house I am curious as to how this story leaked out to the press. They did seem to have some details.

Also, why in the heck did Mark or anyone even acknowledge anything. This stuff puzzles me.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Right, if he doesn't like the cameras he shouldn't have signed on. Besides, the celebs get a hefty fee - minimum $250k, and in the past some have negotiated a fee as high as $400k regardless ihow long they last. They also get a $100k bonus if they make the finals.
    I had no idea they made that much! wow.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yep. I realize the dancing is not easy, but it's still a good gig and they also get exposure. Jaleel has not exactly had a stellar career since Family Matters. Okay, he blames being stereotyped for the Urkel character, but the fact is were it not for Urkel no one would know who he is. I mean . . .he ain't no Denzel Washington (in either talent or looks).

Okay . . .this article says minimum is $150k then they get $10k then $20k, but I read a couple yrs ago that they get minimum of $250k. I also remember reading that Shawn Johnson and Kate Gosselin got contracts in the neighborhood of $400k (and Shawn won so she got more).

How Much Do Celebs Make on 'Dancing With the Stars'? | PopEater.com
    Last edited by tango7; 04-04-2012 at 02:01 PM.
    karalott likes this.

Yep. I realize the dancing is not easy, but it's still a good gig and they also get exposure. Jaleel has not exactly had a stellar career since Family Matters. Okay, he blames being stereotyped for the Urkel character, but the fact is were it not for Urkel no one would know who he is. I mean . . .he ain't no Denzel Washington (in either talent or looks).
    Well, maybe its as simple as he isn't a good actor . He did Urkel, but he's all grown up now. I dont have a clue who he is. I didn't even see Urkel. Child stars seem to think they have a certain entitlement, they dont.
    -Andy Rooney-

How bad was it? Here is my thinking: If it was a normal "blow up" that they have every season they would have shown it in the previews. Ratings love drama. They have no drama yet. They would have shown this in any other season if it was the usual "blow up."

The fact that they didn't show it means to me that it was not a normal blow up. There is something unusual about it, either the intensity or the ramifications of showing it.

So I don't know how serious it really was, but it wasn't the usual run of the mill stress.

IMHO, TPTB have decided that Jaleel is a little unstable, and showing this sort of thing would only make it worse, so the best course of action for them is to manage it quietly.

IMHO, TPTB have decided that Jaleel is a little unstable, and showing this sort of thing would only make it worse, so the best course of action for them is to manage it quietly.

I agree. Also . . .if they showed what really happened (and I do believe it was worse than the usual blowup) Jaleel might claim that by showing it his chances or winning were ruined, or that others have blown up and were not shown, etc. etc. I don't think such a grievance would go anywhere but it's bad PR.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Since they are acknowledging something happened, by saying it wasn't that bad and they handled it "in house", etc... We can know that something happened. And, since something happened, why wouldn't they show it to us and stop the rumors once and for all? Because it was bad enough that they don't want us to see it. They are always happy to show us small melt-downs and confrontations. Tony and Kate's fight was even pretty bad. So, why not this one?

What I would be very curious about is if they do try and show an edited version to stop all of the speculation... I wonder if that is coming next, or if they will just hope it all drops.

I would like to see JERKul kicked out next week.
    ness, CrazyDutchWoman and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    Since they are acknowledging something happened, by saying it wasn't that bad and they handled it "in house", etc... We can know that something happened. And, since something happened, why wouldn't they show it to us and stop the rumors once and for all? Because it was bad enough that they don't want us to see it. They are always happy to show us small melt-downs and confrontations. Tony and Kate's fight was even pretty bad. So, why not this one?

What I would be very curious about is if they do try and show an edited version to stop all of the speculation... I wonder if that is coming next, or if they will just hope it all drops.

I would like to see JERKul kicked out next week.

If it got really nasty( if) I would prefer not to see it.jmho
    fireflyer likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Jaleel might claim that by showing it his chances or winning were ruined . . .
    Based on what we've seen of his dancing ability, I think his chances of winning were ruined the first time he stepped on the dance floor. He ain't all that.

+ Reply to Thread