+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I just don't understand what all the crying on his part was when Brooke was trying to interview him
    Me either!!! I kept wondering if the tears were for real, or if he was just acting. I had not read any of the above articles about him and Kym having a heated disagreement during rehearsals, but last night I felt like Jaleel was in the "acting mode" trying to produce tears but did not understand why. Hmmm, ???
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    Me either!!! I kept wondering if the tears were for real, or if he was just acting. I had not read any of the above articles about him and Kym having a heated disagreement during rehearsals, but last night I felt like Jaleel was in the "acting mode" trying to produce tears but did not understand why. Hmmm, ???
    This is going to sound terrible, but I did not believe Jaleel's tears were real. He saw that performers prior to him were emotional and it may work to their advantage. I think he was trying to follow suit and to me it came across totally fake.

If he doesn't go this week, it'll likely be next, even tho he's a good dancer.
    Longhornfan and jucamer like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan View Post
    I didn't read the article either, but those tears were definitely forced and fake BIG TIME. If he did blow up at Kym, which it seems he ,ay have, then he needs to get a grip & stop acting like a diva. He is a has been
    ness and jucamer like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I never even knew about the blow-up with Kym, but was watching last night and wondered why he was pretending to cry. He had no tears, and it was really fake. I don't think he is a very good actor. Now that I have read about everything that happened, I think it was to gain support and votes.
    ness and jucamer like this.

Looks like Mark and Donald had to step in and calm him down..

Dancing with the Stars: Jaleel White Addresses Altercation with Kym Johnson : People.com

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    If this continues to get the publicity it apparently is getting, he will go home next week. Once the information is out there, people will desert him
    Oh, its out there he is busy doing damage control, saying it wasn't that bad.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I also wondered about the tears. Since I watched after the fact, I wondered if they were as fake as everyone was saying. I don't know if he was already trying to do damage control, or, as people said, turn on the waterworks since his story wasn't exactly emotional or inspiring. I think everyone who had the rumba had a better story to connect to. I'm surprised they would have picked the rumba if that was the story Jaleel was going with, which again makes me wonder if the producers don't have some sort of final say on everything. I really hope this incident that happened with Kym wasn't as bad as the gossip rags are saying.

ETA: Here's Jaleel and Kym's take (sort of):

The Clicker - Jaleel White and his 'Dancing With the Stars' partner respond to fight rumors
    Last edited by karalott; 04-03-2012 at 02:32 PM.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.

Jaleel’s most “memorable year” was when he played the Stephan character? What’s emotional about that? Sheesh - that was so lame.

I think his tears were an effort at damage control. I believe the story about him going off are maybe slightly exaggerated, but basically true.

I noticed that Brooke wouldn't give him an easy out.
    karalott, Shoepie and jucamer like this.

I, too, believe the stories are basically true. I've heard things for years about his being temperamental and difficult to work with even as far back as when he was doing Family Matters. Decided not to mention it here because they were only stories and I hadn't heard anything about him for a very long time. However, I can't say I was surprised when this story broke.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I, too, believe the stories are basically true. I've heard things for years about his being temperamental and difficult to work with even as far back as when he was doing Family Matters. Decided not to mention it here because they were only stories and I hadn't heard anything about him for a very long time. However, I can't say I was surprised when this story broke.
    If you ever watch the last few episodes of FM, the actress who played Harriett Winslow was replaced. I looked it up once as I was curious what had happened, and she mentioned how the show had become too much about the kids, but also mentioned that the show basically turned into Steve/Stefan/Myrtle Urkel Matters. It was said that his stardom got the best of him and he become a diva on the set. I can't imagine what child stars must go through when they are that popular and famous, and then have to grow up, have their show end, be typecast, and have their career over. I know Jaleel's worked on and off, but nothing like the fame he had back then. But compared to some child star stories, it could have been a lot worse.

I was growing tired of FM when it did become too much Urkel, his inventions, and alter egos, and I never liked the Stefan character. I'm sure there's some truth to the story-how much I don't know. But Kym is such a sweetheart and so easy to get along with, and it did seem obvious she was putting up some sort of front alst night. She probably knew what was going in the questioning after the show, so that probably didn't help.
    tango7 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread