+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

"Difficult" is one thing - physically threatening is another. Jaleel says he wasn't sent home early . . . but the producers cannot allow any member of the cast to endanger another. It seems that there would have been denials from the network if the story didn't have some truth to it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    "Difficult" is one thing - physically threatening is another. Jaleel says he wasn't sent home early . . . but the producers cannot allow any member of the cast to endanger another. It seems that there would have been denials from the network if the story didn't have some truth to it.
    I don't know. The network may be loving any type of ratings increase or controversy this can create in the mean time. I'm not saying the story isn't true, but I wouldn't rule out them letting this thing play out before they issue a denial, or letting Jaleel and Kym speak about it. I mean, it's Urkel. Good, wholesome, fun, iconic character Urkel. Who would have thought he'd have a hot head? It could be they just keep pushing him to do something he doesn't want to do. They may want him to break out the Urkel character, and he's not going to do it.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I don't know. The network may be loving any type of ratings increase or controversy this can create in the mean time. I'm not saying the story isn't true, but I wouldn't rule out them letting this thing play out before they issue a denial, or letting Jaleel and Kym speak about it. I mean, it's Urkel. Good, wholesome, fun, iconic character Urkel. Who would have thought he'd have a hot head? It could be they just keep pushing him to do something he doesn't want to do. They may want him to break out the Urkel character, and he's not going to do it.
    Google him. There are domestic abuse accusations against him. He's not Urkel. He's Jaleel White.
    Florimel likes this.

I was just looking those up too, and while it makes the story juicier, the fact is that no charges were ever filed against him, and he claims that it was an ex trying to get back at him during a custody fight. Who knows what the truth is, but I think that the word "alleged" needs to be used with the domestic stuff.

(Unless there's some other incident besides that one)
    karalott and VAgirl79 like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I know about those domestic violence allegations (that story was recently brought up again by his ex just last week I believe). But, he was never charged, and it could have been exactly what he was talking about in regards to those charges. I know he's not really Urkel, but that's who people associate him with. He himself has said that's lead to a lot of type casting. Either way, I don't always trust what the media has to say, either. I'll give both of them the benefit of the doubt. Last season, one week, there were headlines saying the other pros were tired of the Houghs. Then the next week, they were tired of Maks. The ratings have been down this season, and it's a controversy free cast. So the show may run with it and not intervene. After all, when rumors came up about Courtney Robinson joining the cast, they didn't deny those, either.
    VAgirl79 and Jaceegirl like this.

Since US Weekly is the only source being quoted, I'll definitely wait for more on the producers end (or a more reliable source to pop up). Not to say the story itself isn't entirely true. I'm sure, if the show wants to potentially lose Jaleel by the backlash this will create, they'll milk this next week, then show the footage of the fight. It's a win/win for them. They get to reap the benefits of the controversy and hope it translates into better ratings. But either way, since Maks may not be around long enough to have one of his infamous bust ups, this may be the most water cooler worthy moment they have all season.

I have to wonder if the producers are the ones who pick what story the celeb eventually tells. I just have a hard time believing Jaleel would go with when he got to play Stefan, unless he really wants out and doesn't care.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I thought he did well. I just don't understand what all the crying on his part was when Brooke was trying to interview him
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I read an article on People where Jaleel said the reports were completely exaggerated. ?
    Dancing with the Stars: Jaleel White Addresses Altercation with Kym Johnson : People.com
    Jaceegirl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    I read an article on People where Jaleel said the reports were completely exaggerated. ?
    Dancing with the Stars: Jaleel White Addresses Altercation with Kym Johnson : People.com
    I saw that. Funny, if nothing happened, why would he even go there?
    AZChristian likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

If this continues to get the publicity it apparently is getting, he will go home next week. Once the information is out there, people will desert him

+ Reply to Thread