+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Jaleel, Kim and her ex David Arquette on Kimmel last night. David giggled that he started the whole all stars show rumor on twitter.

Jaleel White & Kym Johnson on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 1 - YouTube

Jaleel White & Kym Johnson on Jimmy Kimmel Live PART 2 - YouTube

Part 2 very briefly touches on the Jaleel/Kim dust up.
    Wow there's a lot going on in that interview. Why on earth did they make Kym interview with a FORMER partner in addtion to her CURRENT partner? Having 4 people on the stage was a little much, and stole the focus off Jaleel. But oh well, each of the 3 men got a few jokes in, here and there. Jimmy Kimmel is pretty great at his job, and Kim was polite enough to compliment both David and Jaleel, and Jaleel was courteous enough to spread the funnies in David's direction. But it was awkward, just the same. And yet the interview left me smiling.

I feel badly that Jaleel got eliminated, because in other seasons his skill might've carried him into the top 3. But he seems to be taking the elimination very graciously and he seems like an enjoyable guy. (or is he slick?) (I think just enjoyable.) I didn't get the impression he was man-handling Kym. He just seemed affectionate. Good grief he's had his hands all over her for weeks, legitimately. A little knee-slap in an interview is fine. I suppose he is disappointed to be eliminated, but he didn't show it. Instead he was appreciative and comical. I wish him the best in his new TV show. And I'm happy he didn't put on the Erkel outfit -- good for him.

LOL, Kimmel rubbed in the whole "mickey mouse" cry. Kimmel is good.

And regarding the early season, I think Jaleel was railroaded big-time by his former wife and she behaved like a LOSER and he's doing the best he can to rise above.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ok, I am not in the "entertainment biz", but I DO have good friends who are in the thick of things. After all of the nonsense with Jaleel's "argument " with Kym, etc. I finally started calling some of my contacts. NONE of them had ANYTHING bad to say about Jaleel. The consensus was that Jaleel is very "down to earth", " intelligent", "creative" and a "really nice man". These are quotes from people who have actualy WORKED with Jaleel on a day to day basis.

Bottom line, I'm going to believe people who have actually WORKED with Jaleel (and whom I know personally) over some scandal rag.

I'm sorry that Jaleel is gone. I though he showed talent and promise. Best of luck to him.
    karalott, march and ilja like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

If that is true, then he really got screwed by doing the show. More people will remember the negative press than the positive.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I figured if there was any truth to the Jaleel fight, it was spun out of control and made into a bigger deal than it was. Just like anytime Maks has a blow up in rehearsal. I was shocked that they even showed Derek getting upset with Maria last week. There's nothing really water cooler worthy to talk about this season. No one in the cast is controversial, Maks hasn't blown up at the judges, there's no showmances, no little contestant that could (although mine is Melissa), nothing like past seasons that made people talk, for better and worse. So throw out negative rehearsal footage and something about two people getting into it and see how the media spins it. Sometimes I feel like the media would talk an incident of Jaleel/Kym having a simple disagreement and turning it into he tried to toss her off the roof of the rehearsal studios.

I heard Jaleel was difficult behind the scenes of Family Matters, but that came from Jo Marie Noble, who played Harriet until the last season. I've read he still stays in contact with some of his castmates from that show. So I don't know what the truth is. I felt, especially last week, that he and Kym seemed more and more distant. And I find Kym to be one of the most enjoyable, easiest to get along with pros, so if she gives me that impression with her partner, I figure something's wrong. I liked Jaleel week 1, but dance wise and attitude he started going downhill for me. If the fight incident wasn't true in any stretch, I can totally understand the rumors getting him down. And of course, not everyone will believe his side.

And if a DWTS AS does happen, I guess I have David Arquette to thank Makes me wonder what the deal was with Mario Lopez and claiming he was already contacted.
    iwatchtv likes this.

+ Reply to Thread