+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

I think posters are asking for the show producers and abc to acknowledge that something DID happen. Please forgive my all-inclusive language.
    ness and AZChristian like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I don't think anyone is saying that the producers should throw him off the show.
    Actually I did see a post which said exactly that - which prompted my "what behavior" question. (When I checked the board this morning, the post had been removed.

So . . .Mark and Donald et al are lying and covering up for their abusive competitor? I don't believe that for a second.

have heard enough stories from friends who have worked in the business,
    What business?
    Last edited by tango7; 04-06-2012 at 06:35 PM.

Well then, the majority of us aren't saying that. I was responding to you asking "are you all saying DWTS should throw him off the show...", which seemed to be directed at more than one poster. I'm not sure which post you're referring to. We had a few deletions, but nothing that asserted that the producers should remove him from the show

I was referring to show business.

ETA: The participants in this show - celebs and pros - are under contract. They say what the network tells them to say.
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

which seemed to be directed at more than one poster.
    It was.

As I’m sure you know, there are many facets of show business/entertainment.

Yes, I know that the dancers/pros/etc. work under contracts. However, I think there are limits to the lies that those under contract would tell in order to cover for an (allegedly) abusive colleague – particularly if it could be proven otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't think he has a leg to stand on, which could be problematic for a dancer.
    Funny Florimel!!! I love laughing out loud!!
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My post intended to point out that there are more oddities involved with Jaleel than just the rumored altercation. I don't see any reason he should be "kicked off", but there are plenty of reasons to keep me from voting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    My post intended to point out that there are more oddities involved with Jaleel than just the rumored altercation. I don't see any reason he should be "kicked off", but there are plenty of reasons to keep me from voting for him.
    I wont be voting for him.Jaleel no. Gavin yes
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    It was.
    But you cited "a post," so now I'm puzzled.
    As Im sure you know, there are many facets of show business/entertainment.
    I do. First hand, as well as from friends in the industry. Some of the stories I've heard would make your hair curl. My point was that PR people are paid to kill stories like the one that is being told about Jaleel.

A story came out at the beginning of this season about how the crew was so happy with this cast because the celebs were such pros and it was in sharp contrast to some divas and drama queens last season. It made me wonder what the hell happened last season, because I didn't peg any of those celebs as problem children. I think if we knew half of what happened behind the scenes at DWTS I think many of us would be shocked.
    Yes, I know that the dancers/pros/etc. work under contracts. However, I think there are limits to the lies that those under contract would tell in order to cover for an (allegedly) abusive colleague particularly if it could be proven otherwise.
    They definitely wouldn't be allowed to reveal that a celeb had flipped out and screamed at a pro (especially a well-liked female pro) in the way that Jaleel was rumored to have done....especially not after the problems they had with Jake and Chelsie. It's not good for the show if stories like that get out. This isn't the first time that pros and celebs have toed the party line when it's been obvious that there was more going on. If the pros, in particular, want to stay on the show (OR not get saddled with horrid partners), they sing a happy tune and don't piss off the network.

Fanny Mare - I'm with you on half of that post. Not a Gavin fan, but I will never vote for Jaleel. I don't believe in rewarding bad behavior....even if the only bad behavior he's guilty of is bitching and whining about the cameras! His career isn't doing so well that he couldn't really benefit from the attention this show can bring. Some celebs have really benefited from the show. If he was smart, he'd suck it up and act like an adult AND show some freaking gratitude. If he doesn't shape up, he'll be in the "loser" category with Jake and Kate.
    Florimel, ness and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Actually I did see a post which said exactly that - which prompted my "what behavior" question. (When I checked the board this morning, the post had been removed.
    tango7, that was my post, and it's still on the board.

I didn't mean to speak for anyone else, though I can see how my language in that original post would be construed that way. To clarify: by "bad behavior," I mean the allegations that Jaleel got into an altercation with Kym, she left the studio, two other participants had to calm him down, and he was asked to leave the studio for the rest of the day. That last part in particular is not up for interpretation--it either happened or it didn't. I happen to believe it did, because Jaleel is not denying it specifically and everyone else involved is mum. I'll be the first to say I'm wrong if it's proven otherwise.

If his reaction to Kym was aggressive enough to get him asked to leave, then I, personally, think it's enough to get him kicked off. Yes, it's a stressful environment, but there should be a zero tolerance policy for that level of intimidation.

I'm sure many people on this board and otherwise do not believe the incident occurred or that it was overblown--or even that it might have happened, but he deserves one more chance. All are valid opinions. As I stated previously, we can only make up our own minds because ABC isn't coming clean about what happened.

lizardcat - okay, so it's still on the board. Fine. I probably scrolled too fast and missed it. I'm aware that you were speaking for yourself.

Critical -
    But you cited "a post," so now I'm puzzled.
    No need to be puzzled. Yes, I cited only one post, because I recalled only one post which stated those exact words - that he should be kicked off. However, there are many posts which have, imo, implied general disgust for Jaleel and a desire to see him booted off the show. No, I'm not going to go back thru the thread and post excerpts.

I "asked" if (whoever wanted to answer) felf he should be kicked off the show.

I'm not in love with the guy, but I don't see why all the drama from/with his ex (which happend long before the current season) or The Star or anyother tabloid or magazine should have anything to do with the actual dancing on the show. As far as TPTB covering up some abusive treatment of Kym Johnson )on of my favs) I don't believe they did that.

I think we're (you and I) are bordering on 'fencing' now and I really don't care to do that because I enjoy the dancing discussions and I like the show.

I also think Jaleel is a good dancer.
    Last edited by tango7; 04-06-2012 at 10:33 PM.

+ Reply to Thread