+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Jaleel's behavior is really bad and should probably get him kicked off the show. At the same time, I can understand his lack of coping skills. So few child stars seem to come out of that experience intact.
    Jaleel is a grown male. He was a child star a long long time ago. I don't think he should be afforded the luxury of hiding behind the child star excuse. If his temper is just that, a temper. He should pull up his big guy panties, and act according to the show rules , that HE signed onto
    ness, AZChristian and JavaJo like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I have to agree with both POV here: Jaleel's behavior is really bad and should probably get him kicked off the show. At the same time, I can understand his lack of coping skills. So few child stars seem to come out of that experience intact.

Melissa seems OK, but it sounds like the children were actually treated like children on the set of LHOP. Also, I don't remember her being in the press too much. I'm her age and wanted to read about her in Tiger Beat, et al., but I don't remember seeing anything. So hopefully she was being shielded from all that by her parents.
    I think the kids on Little House were treated like children, but I also think they were expected to be professionals. I don't think Michael Landon would have put up with any divas on his set.

I won't be sad if Jaleel gets booted early, but I doubt he will. Only a small majority of voters actually follow the news about the show, I think - they just watch the show and vote. They don't necessarily read the blogs, message boards and gossip sites.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Jaleel is a grown male. He was a child star a long long time ago. I don't think he should be afforded the luxury of hiding behind the child star excuse. If his temper is just that, a temper. He should pull up his big guy panties, and act according to the show rules , that HE signed onto
    I didn't mean to say he should be excused; in fact, I do think he needs to go. Whether the exact details of the Kym altercation are true or not, his behavior is way too erratic, and he seems like an unstable person. I'm just saying that I'm not surprised he is that way. Child star + diva at his peak + no real success since = trouble.

Jaleel's behavior is really bad and should probably get him kicked off the show.
    What behavior?

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I didn't mean to say he should be excused; in fact, I do think he needs to go. Whether the exact details of the Kym altercation are true or not, his behavior is way too erratic, and he seems like an unstable person. I'm just saying that I'm not surprised he is that way. Child star + diva at his peak + no real success since = trouble.
    Then we agree, sorry if I read it wrong
    FM
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    What behavior?
    Sorry, I should have said "alleged behavior." Since ABC will not address the incident in its entirety, it's up to individuals to decide for themselves whether there was an altercation between him and Kym. For me, there are too many details released to believe it's all a fabrication. Also, Jaleel should not just be issuing denials--he should be lawyering up and going after Us Weekly if they published libelous content. He could potentially even sue People and other publications that republished the information. If the info is false, it's a slam dunk.

But all he's done so far is claim that the confrontation was overblown, which makes me think something bad happened.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

There's an interesting Yahoo article that mentions various DWTS arguments through the seasons. They mention Jaleel (among others). It sounds like the dust up occurred after his ex-gf went public calling him an abuser, etc. While I won't say that he should be given a free pass for losing his temper (if he did), I'm inclined to think that having the tabloids accusing you of being abusive would be VERY stressful. I can see Jaleel being overstressed because of the tabloid stories and then snapping at Kym/someone for no real reason. I believe he has a child with the ex-gf, so maybe this is her bid for $$ and maybe revised custody. Stuff like that can make someone nuts.

'Dancing With the Stars' Pros vs. Celebrities: The Top 5 Feuds - Yahoo! TV
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I don't think he has a leg to stand on, which could be problematic for a dancer.
    JunkieGirl, ness and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Folks, I agree that something probably happened. I also think it was exaggerated somewhat.

But are you all saying DWTS should throw him off the show because:
    He threw a temper tantrum with Kym AND/OR because his ex gf filed a domestic abuse complaint against him 3 hours prior to a custody hearing for their daughter? (That can be easily verified.) He sayis he has never been arrested or charged with anything. (That can also be easily verified.) What does that have to do with dancing on DWTS?

He also sais he has an email from ex gf wishing him luck on DWTS, signed with a smiley face. (Again - easily verifiable) Within a day or so he found out she had sold her story to The Star. (The story WAS published, The Star neither confiirmed nor denied that they paid her or how much.) Again - should he be tossed off the show for . . . this?
    Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I don't think he has a leg to stand on,
    With regard to . . .(what)?
    Last edited by tango7; 04-06-2012 at 06:27 PM.

I don't think anyone is saying that the producers should throw him off the show. I think people are speculating that this latest incident could make him less popular with voters.

I'm just cynical enough, and have heard enough stories from friends who have worked in the business, that I wouldn't be surprised if the story was under-exaggerated....or at least I wouldn't be surprised if the original story we heard isn't exactly what happened.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread