+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    That's what I thought, which is why I felt Katherine had an advantage next week. I'm not saying anything against her, it's just that it's a little obvious on the show's part.
    I had also heard that the celebs were able to pick their song and dance this week, which was the first time I ever heard that, even for story week. And I have a hard time believing that 5/6 (whatever it is) celebs would chose the rumba, while everyone else has an entirely different dance from each other. So I'm not really sure they had complete say.

Slightly off topic, but in this week's TV Guide, the Cheers & Jeers section has a Jeer for the premiere episode of DWTS and the way they overscored everyone. They named Katherine and William specifically (because they're unknowns compared to everyone else) and commented the show may have intentionally pumped up the numbers on purpose. I'm sure it won't be the only week Katherine and William are overscored. I feel like they're trying to make them into something they're not. Maybe with the success of Gilles, J.R., and Kyle, they figure having unknowns go the distance gives them some sort of credibility or unpredictability or something

I should probably clarify the ringer comment I made earlier. I remember when Gilles did the show, he had the ringer label thrown at him. I do believe people can be a natural, and figure, like any talent, you either got it or you don't. I don't believe any pro is a good enough teacher that they can turn a celeb into what Katherine or Nicole or Donald into a good dancer in just a few weeks. I also know it'd be impossible to find an entire line up where someone didn't have any dance training, even if it was when they were kids. So natural ability, dancing experience or both, I don't know. I think any sort of dancing training helps, but can also hurt, as we see with Roshon and some of his hip hop coming out. I don't really think anyone has the win locked up yet, but I wouldn't be surprised for Katherine to possibly be in the finals. If only I could get excited about that thought, but then I remember Mark.

And I guess Mark had spats envy since they were back for the results show this week. Hopefully with the waltz next week, the spats are gone, and Mark doesn't attempt to turn an elegant dance and meaningful week into a joke with any overdancing or fish faces.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Off Topic for the Katherine thread, but the producers assign the dances and the music each week. It just so happened that they assigned Katherine a waltz where she can show off her great lines, while others get to pretend to have slow sex on the floor. Don't worry, at some point, maybe even next week, Katherine will be assigned the dreaded Rumba.
    Katherine will do well, no matter whats she's assigned
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    And I guess Mark had spats envy since they were back for the results show this week. Hopefully with the waltz next week, the spats are gone, and Mark doesn't attempt to turn an elegant dance and meaningful week into a joke with any overdancing or fish faces.
    I noticed that too about Mark and his shoes. How could you miss them as he was the ONLY one wearing them. To me that totally takes away from the group dance. He just wants to be the center of attention so bad! I'm ready for Mark to take a vacation from the show.
    karalott, ness and AZChristian like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I noticed that too about Mark and his shoes. How could you miss them as he was the ONLY one wearing them. To me that totally takes away from the group dance. He just wants to be the center of attention so bad! I'm ready for Mark to take a vacation from the show.
    He wasn't the only on wearing them a couple of them had them on.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He wasn't the only on wearing them a couple of them had them on.
    I just rewatched the group dance. Mark was the only wearing them. All the other men were wearing all black shoes. Mark had the black and whit spats on. That is what I was referring to in my post.

I just rewatched the group dance. Mark was the only wearing them. All the other men were wearing all black shoes. Mark had the black and whit spats on. That is what I was referring to in my post.
    Ah, you never mentioned the group dance.

I know Tristan wore spats ( they even matched his jacket) spiffy!

Oh well, I enjoy the dancing, spats or no spats
    live4romance likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Ah, you never mentioned the group dance.

I know Tristan wore spats ( they even matched his jacket) spiffy!

Oh well, I enjoy the dancing, spats or no spats
    Yeah I did actually... "to me that totally takes away from the group dance".

I enjoy the dancing too, but when you are in a group performance that's just what it is a unified group, you aren't supposed to stand out like that unless you are being given a lead part, which obviously wasn't the case the other night.
    karalott, nanarama and AZChristian like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Yeah I did actually... "to me that totally takes away from the group dance".

I enjoy the dancing too, but when you are in a group performance that's just what it is a unified group, you aren't supposed to stand out like that unless you are being given a lead part, which obviously wasn't the case the other night.
    That's how I spotted Mark-the spats. How could you not notice those shoes? In an individual dance, it's bad enough, but somehow, Val and Tristan didn't bother me when they wore their spats. Maybe because they don't have the reputation of overdancing their partners and putting the focus on themselves while their partner attempts to get in camera range. When everyone was wearing black and dark colors during the group dance, Mark stuck out like a sore thumb. Mark is the one pro I wish would take a season off, more than anyone. Maybe Derek and Julianne will each get another movie role and it'll drive Mark's Hough envy off the charts, so he goes on a one man mission to pursue that kind of success he wants.
    mesachick and AZChristian like this.

Oh yeah, didnt notice, like I didnt notice the spats As I said, I like the dancing.I dont need screaming girls over William, or shirts undone to the waist, that too takes away from the dancing. I just like the dancing.

Each to their own
    -Andy Rooney-

I have never ONCE heard of spatz until I read the DWTS forum on FORT this year. If it has been a subject in past years, I guess it went right over my head. I still have no clue what spatz are, other than I guess it's a type of shoe. From the comments posted, I guess it's an offensive or irritating shoe. Oddly, I've never noticed anything weird about any of the guys' shoes.

Mark and Katherine's dance was beautiful tonight. Not sure why Len felt he had to get a passive dig in, but I guess that's just Len. Anyway, I also don't see the "overdancing" that people say Mark does. He looks on par with his partner, to me. It would be hard to outdance Katherine. By the way, I think he might have a little crush on her.

+ Reply to Thread