+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Re: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Very good job; I'm looking forward to seeing more from her and hope Mark keeps it toned down. That was the best I've seen from him in years.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

What a beautiful and totally elegant young lady!!
    Shoepie, DancingDad and Fanny Mare like this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Absolutely lovely performance. Katherine was wonderful and Mark restrained himself and showcased his partner.
    karalott likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Mark really faded into the background so have to give him credit. There was only one brief shot of him making an odd face during the dance and it looked as if he immeidately fixed it because the next camera shot it was gone. He resisted wearing spats and only spoke when spoken too. If he can become a non-issue Katherine can do well,
    DancingDad likes this.

I wonder if he corresponds to his partner. He has had young partners - and by young I also mean maturity wise. Katherine is young, but she also strikes me as a very classy, mature young woman - not in the same category as Chelsea (which is not a hit on Chelsea as I think she acted like a typical girl her age). So I am wondering if what we saw from Mark on Monday is what we will see this season. The gimmicks, etc. won't work with Katherine - she just isn't that type of person. I really enjoyed them - and for having no idea who she is, I really liked her.
    karalott likes this.

Katherine is no teenager like many of Mark's partners. She is a 31 year old woman who has traveled internationally and been on much bigger stages than DWTS. She may look young - bravo for her - but she is older and definitely more mature than Mark. Her maturity may be what is keeping Mark in line. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she laid down the law to him. My favorite season with Mark is when he partnered Kristi Yamaguchi. I think that Katherine may be having a similar influence on Mark this season as Kristi had in season 6.

Now, I hope I haven't jinxed the whole thing and Mark will return to his annoying persona in the later stages of the competition.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

They have the jive next week, so that may tell if Mark keeps it toned down and doesn't turn into Lord of the Overdance, where Katherine becomes a prop onstage. I used to like Mark, but he's really turned me off in recent seasons. I tend to think he only acts mature when he gets a partner that doesn't require work, but his season with Chelsea was one of his worst, attitude wise. I noticed the scruff on his face was gone, as was his earring(s), so maybe he's toning down his image and trying to be the good ol'boy next door. I'd like to think Katherine is a positive influence and that she won't stand for any of his crap.
    KatesMom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Katherine is no teenager like many of Mark's partners. She is a 31 year old woman who has traveled internationally and been on much bigger stages than DWTS. She may look young - bravo for her - but she is older and definitely more mature than Mark. Her maturity may be what is keeping Mark in line. I wouldn't be a bit surprised if she laid down the law to him. My favorite season with Mark is when he partnered Kristi Yamaguchi. I think that Katherine may be having a similar influence on Mark this season as Kristi had in season 6.

Now, I hope I haven't jinxed the whole thing and Mark will return to his annoying persona in the later stages of the competition.
    I dont see her laying down the law( I really dont) she said in an interview I just saw,that Mark is helping her overcome her fear of the jive .She is really nervous, because her parts will, well jiggle. Should be interesting to see.But then I dont find him annoying, its shirts opened to the waist to detract from the actual dancing and poor choreography that I dont care for
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont see her laying down the law( I really dont) she said in an interview I just saw,that Mark is helping her overcome her fear of the jive .She is really nervous, because her parts will, well jiggle. Should be interesting to see.But then I dont find him annoying, its shirts opened to the waist to detract from the actual dancing and poor choreography that I dont care for
    Perhaps "laying down the law" was a poor choice of words. I wouldn't be surprised if when they first got together Katherine made a request to Mark that they keep it classy - in line with her persona and image - and that her preference would be not to rock the boat associated the rules. This request would extend to his grooming as well.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Perhaps "laying down the law" was a poor choice of words. I wouldn't be surprised if when they first got together Katherine made a request to Mark that they keep it classy - in line with her persona and image - and that her preference would be not to rock the boat associated the rules. This request would extend to his grooming as well.
    Perhaps, they seem to have become good friends. ( not romantically) so they are able to offer up opinions without all the drama we often see on this show.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread