+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Re: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Oceansands View Post
    His choreograph is fine as long as he has a good partner. Wonder how great he would be with some of the celebrities Tony has had?
    I have no idea.I like his choreography,and I said it suits her. if I didn't I wouldn't watch them. I find Tony a bit drab
    Living likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I like Mark a lot, think he's a fantastic dancer, and think Katherine's done a good job. However, I'm shocked they made it into the finals. IMO, her scores of all 9s on the last dance were too high, considering her flub at the end (sorry she got hurt but you know what I mean), so I think that and a sympathy vote carried her past Maria and Derek.

I hope Donald wins. I've been in his corner since the beginning and believe he's been given lower scores than he deserves to keep others in the competition. I think the judges have wanted a William/Katherine final since about week three. They are so darn transparent....it's almost sickening.
    Last edited by tinderbox; 05-16-2012 at 05:36 PM.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I think Katherine is a far better dancer than both William and Donald, but she doesn't have a chance. Donald's fanbase will give him the win, and William's drooling women will give him second place. But, I love Katherine and she totally deserves to win this season - based on dancing alone.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I think Katherine is a far better dancer than both William and Donald, but she doesn't have a chance. Donald's fanbase will give him the win, and William's drooling women will give him second place. But, I love Katherine and she totally deserves to win this season - based on dancing alone.
    She is Maude, for sure . But even football fans that are not watching the show are voting( that seems really weird to me) I understand vote for your favorite( pro or celeb) but vote anyway cause he's a nice guy with a wife and children. LOL okay then.
    -Andy Rooney-

I am surprised to see Katherine in the final. As anyone who has been reading these fora know I am a fan of hers and have been rooting for her all along. I also think that she is the best dancer this season and is one of the top dancers of any season. That being said I did not think she deserved to make it to the finals if you based a decision only on her performance Monday Night. I gave Katherine some of my votes and some went to Maria (based on my formula of splitting my votes among the best of the season and the best of the night). I did not expect her to make it through based on her fan base in this country.

I think I have found the source of Katherine's support. As has been indicated earlier in this thread Katherine has done a lot of work for the NATO troops overseas. This post appeared on Katherine's twitter:
    @KathJenkins You stood tall with me in Basra, listened, talked and sang when things were tough. Katherine, I'm singing back. Be strong. x
    I think the troops are returning Katherine's support of them by voting for her in droves. It's just a theory. Call it good karma or whatever else you want. When you help others they often come back to help you in your hour of need, especially when they are like most of the guys and gals in the military.
    ilja likes this.

I think the troops are returning Katherine's support of them by voting for her in droves. It's just a theory. Call it good karma or whatever else you want. When you help others they often come back to help you in your hour of need, especially when they are like most of the guys and gals in the military.
    Good for her, if they are indeed voting! I voted for them, I also voted for Derek and Maria.
    -Andy Rooney-

I am sorry but I never warmed up to Katherine. She comes off as stiff, cold & a bit fake. I was never a Maria fan but I warmed up to her as the show progressed. I was sad to hear she is gone.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Well we're now down to the final three and I am about to make a rash observation. I think that Katherine has a good shot at winning this thing against Donald and William. Why do I say this:

1. With Maria gone Katherine is the last woman standing. I think the largest share of the viewers that were supporting Maria will support Katherine. This would not have been the case if Maria remained.
    2. Much of Derek's support will go to Mark. they draw from the same fan base.
    3. I think that Katherine will perform well in the finals. The freestyle round is where dancer's innate skills can best be showcased. As the best dancer standing these skills should shine through (as long as Mark doesn't screw up the choreography).
    4. As I posted above I think Katherine has more fans out there than anyone realizes. I think much of that support may be coming internationally. I predict that any international support she has will definitely come out to support her in the finals.
    5. Based on her dance skills I think she will receive the highest judge's scores. This really won't carry much weight and is the least important factor as the judges will likely score all three of the final couples within a few percent of each other so it will really come down to fans votes.

Not for me....my votes will all go to DD!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Well we're now down to the final three and I am about to make a rash observation. I think that Katherine has a good shot at winning this thing against Donald and William. Why do I say this:

1. With Maria gone Katherine is the last woman standing. I think the largest share of the viewers that were supporting Maria will support Katherine. This would not have been the case if Maria remained.
    2. Much of Derek's support will go to Mark. they draw from the same fan base.
    3. I think that Katherine will perform well in the finals. The freestyle round is where dancer's innate skills can best be showcased. As the best dancer standing these skills should shine through (as long as Mark doesn't screw up the choreography).
    4. As I posted above I think Katherine has more fans out there than anyone realizes. I think much of that support may be coming internationally. I predict that any international support she has will definitely come out to support her in the finals.
    5. Based on her dance skills I think she will receive the highest judge's scores. This really won't carry much weight and is the least important factor as the judges will likely score all three of the final couples within a few percent of each other so it will really come down to fans votes.
    Nothing bugs me so much as #2, for some strange reason. I know they grew up together and are best friends, but why do they have to be thought of as a package deal? I'm a Derek fan but I can't stand Mark at all, and I feel no obligation to tolerate him just because he's so tight with Derek.

To be honest, I don't care who wins at this point -- they've all danced reasonably well enough so that we won't have an embarrassment for a winner. (Well it will be a little silly if William wins...) But I don't have a burning desire to root for any of the finalists.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread