+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Re: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    I wondered about the hat....coupled with the gold shiny jacket , the gold spats...and the over dancing and the faces....It was almost more than I could stand. She, on the other hand, is so classy. The two just don't go well together.
    I have seen two interviews, and they get along so well .They laugh a lot, I like that. But, I guess he cant please everyone
    norealityhere and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have seen two interviews, and they get along so well .They laugh a lot, I like that. But, I guess he cant please everyone
    LOL - nobody can please everyone. However, I will admit that Mark has toned down his performance in SOME of his dances this season. It's definitely progress, and he's an excellent choreographer.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

He's very good. I love to see her dance, she is wonderful. Really looking forward to tonight
    -Andy Rooney-

This dance was good, technically it seemed to have lot going for it. I loved the music, but for this dance? not a good choice I dont like shirts off, and the cape thing didnt work .Once Mark stopped smiling for the camera, it settled down, and we could see Katherine. She looked beautiful.Not their best dance for me, but they are still in my top 4 .
    fireflyer likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

This has to be the worst pairing of celeb/pro this season. A complete mis-match. Mark really detracts from Katherine's performance.

It's like Princess Grace visits the Zoo every week. Maybe instead of a mirror ball this season we'll have a mirror banana, specially for Mark.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

I think his choreography suits her well .She enjoys dancing with him . At least he can choreograph
    maude~flanders, Living and ilja like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

"At least he can choreograph"? Who is it that can't?

And when he choreographs, his dances are usually 2/3 about him and 1/3 about his partner. I've seen his body do unappealing breakdance pops in more inappropriate moments than I can count. He is like a boy version of Maks: Maks ' partners often fail because he asks too much of them as amateurs; while Mark's partners fail because he's too busy giving himself mime routines and breakdance solos to showcase them in any way.

Yes he's an incredibly talented dancer, blah blah blah. But he's also an annoying brat, when his job title is "professional." That's a pretty glaring disconnect.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Yup he's annoying .I still like his choreography.

At least he can choreograph"? Who is it that can't?
    Maks, with his annoying lifts. Oh and the bizarre marriage to the dummy ?
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-02-2012 at 10:23 AM.
    maude~flanders likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I loved Mark and Katherine's Rhumba. It was so beautiful! I loved the costumes, her hair, and the amazing poses she was able to get into. She looks like a professional dancer and exhibits grace and beauty in her personality too. I think she is really good for Mark. She has so many of the qualities that he needs to develop and mature into. I hope that she influences him in a good way because he really is an excellent dancer and choreographer. He just needs to add in some maturity.
    DancingDad and Living like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    "At least he can choreograph"? Who is it that can't?

He is like a boy version of Maks: ...... partners fail because he's too busy giving himself mime routines and breakdance solos to showcase them in any way.
    That is it. Mark's dancing with his partners is just like Maks is with his partners. Outdancing their partners. The only saving thing for Mark is that he can cheograph and he showcases his partners though he is distracting. When Mark does a "move"you take your eyes off his partner to him which makes you loose the connection with the partner.

Maks, takes the WHOLE limelight that you barely see his partner. One rarely has a connection with Maks's partner. She is made so little compared to him, her faults jump out at you. Maks cheography is so technical there is no flair. Dancing MUST have a bit of flair or it could be just being robotic with music.

On the other hand, Derek dances down and your focus remains on his partner the whole time. It is like you are mesmerised by Derek's partners you find yourself realizing after they finish dancing that you were holding your breath the whole time. You cannot take your eyes off her. Derek brings out something in his partners which the others lack. That is dance. That is the difference between dance and aerobics (with all the necessary step.s etc)
    Last edited by Living; 05-04-2012 at 07:26 AM.
    maude~flanders likes this.

+ Reply to Thread