+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Re: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

MFWalkoff: Thanks so much for the pic. Wow they look weird. I guess maybe I recall Micheal Jackson's feet looking something like that, but I had always assumed it was white socks. Also, please forgive me if this is an ignorant thing to say, but they look like they have a purpose: to keep your shoelaces from coming undone and tripping you?

Hmm, I guess when I watch DWTS, I must not look at the feet enough... I've never noticed any spats on anyone before. I dunno what I'm looking at, if not feet... Probably the same thing Carrie Ann looks at.

Also, I don't have much of a memory of Mark, period, throughout the years. I totally blame that on Derek, because I guess he always distracts me What can I say?

Again, I could be off-base, but my first impression is that Mark is a sweetheart, clearly not as flamboyant of a character as Derek is. And I also do really think he has puppy-love for Katheriine. She is absolutely perfect in every way... how could any guy NOT have a crush on her? I wonder what their age difference is?

I've never really paid any attention to Mark at all, ever. Maybe I'll start watching him now and see if my opinion changes.

Katherine has the Paso Doble this week. It will be interesting to see how mark plays this one. The Paso can be done in a couple of different ways. The man always is the matador, but the woman can take on two different roles. She can either play the bull or the cape. I have seen both varieties done well. I will never forget Mel B and Mak's Paso. Mel B. was fierce in her depiction. This can also go horribly wrong though as was the case with Kate Gosslin's notorious stomp across the stage.

Unfortunately I don't think a fierce bull interpretation suits Katherine's personality well. Personally, if I were Mark, I would have Katherine play the cape. With her graceful flowing arms and her ability to float across the dance floor this could be really effective.
    fireflyer likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I had also heard that the celebs were able to pick their song and dance this week, which was the first time I ever heard that, even for story week. And I have a hard time believing that 5/6 (whatever it is) celebs would chose the rumba, while everyone else has an entirely different dance from each other. So I'm not really sure they had complete say.

Slightly off topic, but in this week's TV Guide, the Cheers & Jeers section has a Jeer for the premiere episode of DWTS and the way they overscored everyone. They named Katherine and William specifically (because they're unknowns compared to everyone else) and commented the show may have intentionally pumped up the numbers on purpose. I'm sure it won't be the only week Katherine and William are overscored. I feel like they're trying to make them into something they're not. Maybe with the success of Gilles, J.R., and Kyle, they figure having unknowns go the distance gives them some sort of credibility or unpredictability or something

I should probably clarify the ringer comment I made earlier. I remember when Gilles did the show, he had the ringer label thrown at him. I do believe people can be a natural, and figure, like any talent, you either got it or you don't. I don't believe any pro is a good enough teacher that they can turn a celeb into what Katherine or Nicole or Donald into a good dancer in just a few weeks. I also know it'd be impossible to find an entire line up where someone didn't have any dance training, even if it was when they were kids. So natural ability, dancing experience or both, I don't know. I think any sort of dancing training helps, but can also hurt, as we see with Roshon and some of his hip hop coming out. I don't really think anyone has the win locked up yet, but I wouldn't be surprised for Katherine to possibly be in the finals. If only I could get excited about that thought, but then I remember Mark.

And I guess Mark had spats envy since they were back for the results show this week. Hopefully with the waltz next week, the spats are gone, and Mark doesn't attempt to turn an elegant dance and meaningful week into a joke with any overdancing or fish faces.

Katherine, has extensive dance training background check her videos on YT, Believe tour and Viva La Diva tour, featuring her dancing Jazz, Tap and Broadway routines.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    Katherine has the Paso Doble this week. It will be interesting to see how mark plays this one. The Paso can be done in a couple of different ways. The man always is the matador, but the woman can take on two different roles. She can either play the bull or the cape. I have seen both varieties done well. I will never forget Mel B and Mak's Paso. Mel B. was fierce in her depiction. This can also go horribly wrong though as was the case with Kate Gosslin's notorious stomp across the stage.

Unfortunately I don't think a fierce bull interpretation suits Katherine's personality well. Personally, if I were Mark, I would have Katherine play the cape. With her graceful flowing arms and her ability to float across the dance floor this could be really effective.
    I look forward to them dancing the Paso.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Cornfritter View Post
    Katherine, has extensive dance training background check her videos on YT, Believe tour and Viva La Diva tour, featuring her dancing Jazz, Tap and Broadway routines.
    She sure does, and it shows in her performances each week. When the judges sit around applauding her, and throwing her those 10's, she should thank all of her previous dance instructors for her previous training.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Again, I could be off-base, but my first impression is that Mark is a sweetheart, clearly not as flamboyant of a character as Derek is. And I also do really think he has puppy-love for Katheriine. She is absolutely perfect in every way... how could any guy NOT have a crush on her? I wonder what their age difference is?

I've never really paid any attention to Mark at all, ever. Maybe I'll start watching him now and see if my opinion changes.
    I think she just broke up with someone. I think they are just very good friends. She's very sweet, and classy
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Again, I could be off-base, but my first impression is that Mark is a sweetheart, clearly not as flamboyant of a character as Derek is. And I also do really think he has puppy-love for Katheriine. She is absolutely perfect in every way... how could any guy NOT have a crush on her? I wonder what their age difference is.
    Mark was born May 23, 1986 (25 years old)
    Katherine born June 29, 1980 (31 years old)

Oh my goodness, well they are quite at an age where Mark could fall for her, considering how gorgeous she is and how her accent probably reminds him of childhood memories. In that case, 6 years difference is simply intriguing from both's perspectives.

Regarding Katherine's previous dance training: Oh! Well that doesn't really seem fair. I had assumed she was just a singer. I don't really think it's fair to have dancer-celebrities on the show, especially when there are people like Martina whose dance training is NONE but she really wanted to try to learn.

Oh my goodness, well they are quite at an age where Mark could fall for her, considering how gorgeous she is and how her accent probably reminds him of childhood memories. In that case, 6 years difference is simply intriguing from both's perspectives.

Regarding Katherine's previous dance training: Oh! Well that doesn't really seem fair. I had assumed she was just a singer. I don't really think it's fair to have dancer-celebrities on the show, especially when there are people like Martina whose dance training is NONE but she really wanted to try to learn.
    DWTS loves to start rumors about a romance every season. . As for her dancing before, well, so has Roshon, and it seems to me he's still there
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread