+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Maria Menounos & Derek Hough - Season 14

Re: Maria Menounos & Derek Hough - Season 14

I give a nod of my head to Derek.

In his package, the first season he came onto DWTS, before he ever did a routine on air, he said: "I'm Derek Hough, and I'm deadly on the dance floor!"

To which, I thought: "Just WHO in the hell is THIS little snotnose?"

I (and a whole lot of people) found out, 'cause the little snotnose stepped right up and backed up the "deadly on the dance floor!" boast. Except, it WASN'T a boast. It was a fact.

Brat at times? Yep. Still. But, he's human, and YOUNG, and the times he hasn't exactly walked on water, he seems to have risen above those pretty well and grown a lot from them.

I, arguably, perhaps, find him to be one of the best --- if not THE best --- choreographer on the show. I enjoy pretty much all of his work (Bollywood samba notwithstanding) and look forward to seeing what he brings to the floor each week. Also, I REALLY like how he showcases his partners, makes it all about them, works with what he's given, polishes and perfects it to the best level that he can, and also seems to be really positively supportive (usually and mostly) of whoever his partner happens to be.

Not over-the-top wild about HIM, but I love to dive into whatever he's going to come up with each week.

Bollywood notwithstanding.

He's won it three times, but, frankly, I wouldn't shed any tears if he didn't do so again THIS year. I mean, let somebody ELSE get a shot (or another shot, that is) at it, too.

As for Maria "I'm Greek!" Menounos . . .

She's got Derek. And as for herself as a dancer, surprisingly enough, she just might have the goods to take it all the way.

She's a natural dancer. Great! I still think she's crazy to've kept going at it with two bum feet, cracked ribs, a smashed chin, and so on and so forth, but more power to her. HER body, NOT mine!

I enjoy her dancing, for the most part, and love to see her and Derek going at it.

Honestly, I'm pulling for Donald and Peta for the win, but if Derek and Maria took it, I couldn't be mad about that, because they've given all of us some wonderful, memorable moments, this season.
    Last edited by ness; 05-11-2012 at 01:30 AM.
    maude~flanders, Shoepie and Living like this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

FORT Fogey

I agree ness but I am rooting for Derek and Maria to win. I think she is a better dancer than Donald. Not that, that matters. At this point they are all good and it is a matter of who I like to watch more.

I am looking forward to the all stars next season. I like they will all start on an even playing field.

I think they have exaggerated Maria's injuries for the drama of it all. Her ribs are probably bruised, her chin is fine, they said so right after that happened and as for her feet, well they all get foot injuries that seem to be managable. They need a doctors okay to proceed and she got that.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 05-11-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    They have said she was too stiff, they have said other things and she has listened, with no eye rolling, no attitude

.I like her
    I too, have a new found like for Maria. Couldn't really have cared less for her before this show. But seeing the backstage clips of her and vulnerable she feels about being out there, and how badly she wants to do well, has made me see her in a new light.
    Shoepie, jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

I should have posted in this thread a long time ago, but only did in the main show thread. I love Maria. From the moment I saw her I could just tell that she had natural ability. It did not hurt one bit that she had Derek as her partner. I have always been more about the celeb and less about the pros. This is my first time being on a site that covers all these reality shows that I only watched on my TV. When I came here I discovered that the pro is more important to some people. I have no problem with that as everyone has their right to view the show as they enjoy it. As a dancer of many years, until I no longer could do it, dancing is what is most important to me. Maria has never disappointed me. She had one week that I would call her off week, but I have loved all of her performances. I loved the Bollywood performance. It was different because it has never been done before on this show and the one thing it did do was showcase Maria. I just had a feeling from the beginning that Maria would go far. She made it this far and I would love to see her make F2 with Donald. I don't know if that will happen and I think this upcoming week will show whether or not she goes further. If I were able to tell her I would say to be proud of herself as she has been a joy to watch each and every week. She has brought so much natural emotion to all of her dances. For me each dance tells a story of sorts. Maria has played her part extremely well. JMO
    Shoepie, Living and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I too, have a new found like for Maria. Couldn't really have cared less for her before this show. But seeing the backstage clips of her and vulnerable she feels about being out there, and how badly she wants to do well, has made me see her in a new light.
    I really enjoy Derek and Maria. I also like Katherine and Mark, Donald and Peta. I am not so keen on William and Cheryl.. But, whoever wins from these couples deserves it !
    maude~flanders and Living like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Maria is currently my favorite with Donald a close second. I find Maria's showmanship adorable and enjoy watching her and Derek's routines every week.

In the beginning, I did not want to see Derek win yet another mirror ball but have since gotten over that pettiness. To me, what is most important is the celebrity though having such a great teacher and choreographer as Derek does not hurt. I do so enjoy Derek's positive attitude. As a matter of fact, I wish I were more like Derek but in all honesty, my personality at it's core is more like the bad boy's.

Maria seems like a very nice woman and I like her but I'm not that impressed with her dancing. Let's face it....if she didn't have Derek Hough for a partner she probably would have been eliminated a few weeks ago. I must admit Derek is an outstanding dancer and he never runs out of unique ideas. He should be applauded for that. Amazing! That said, does he have a huge ego?? Well, yeah but I totally understand why.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Maria seems like a very nice woman and I like her but I'm not that impressed with her dancing. Let's face it....if she didn't have Derek Hough for a partner she probably would have been eliminated a few weeks ago. I must admit Derek is an outstanding dancer and he never runs out of unique ideas. He should be applauded for that. Amazing! That said, does he have a huge ego?? Well, yeah but I totally understand why.
    I love her dancing. I love her and Donald. Its been a great season for me regarding dance
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm sad to see these guys go. I really didn't want to see anyone leave, but I definitely didn't want it to be them.
    ilja likes this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Very sad to see these two leave. She did so well, they had great chemistry ( sigh) Derek as always
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread