+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Maria Menounos & Derek Hough - Season 14

FORT Fogey

Re: Maria Menounos & Derek Hough - Season 14

You are right. I do not think it is that manipulated if at all. The fact is they cannot afford to have Derek winning every season. However good or bad his partner is, it is still not good for the show. This is one reason I was certain he would not win last season and will not win this season. last season, on the show before the finale, he mentioned they were just having fun and never even mentioned anything about trying to win when all the others did. Ricki knew and he knew that they were not aiming for the mirror ball trophy because it was not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    You are right. I do not think it is that manipulated if at all. The fact is they cannot afford to have Derek winning every season. However good or bad his partner is, it is still not good for the show. This is one reason I was certain he would not win last season and will not win this season. last season, on the show before the finale, he mentioned they were just having fun and never even mentioned anything about trying to win when all the others did. Ricki knew and he knew that they were not aiming for the mirror ball trophy because it was not going to happen.
    I do think Maria is a much better dancer than Ricki was. After their last dance, I can see her as a contender.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

It is true Maria is a contender but as mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, she may get to the finale but will not win because Derek can not/should not/will not win this season for the good of the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    It is true Maria is a contender but as mentioned earlier. Unfortunately, she may get to the finale but will not win because Derek can not/should not/will not win this season for the good of the show.
    I am going to wait and see. I like how she has progressed so far, her first dance was very wooden,but last week she was wonderful.I really enjoyed it.
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree with CA, I enjoy these two and I love watching them. It wasn't as good as usual, but it sure wasn't bad. I know who to vote for.

She's a trooper, I just hope she can keep going! they have great chemistry.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I do not like either of these two, and I am sick of Derek and the pretty young things all the time, and the are they or are they not together. I wish he would take a break, and take Mark with him.
    Florimel and jucamer like this.

He took a break, a year ago in Season 12. And he & Ricki only finished 3rd last year. And I doubt that Maria will make it to the finals -- or if she does, it will be a set-up for third like with Ricki.

But I'm with you on Mark -- I wish he'd take a permanent break from the show. His flashy, hyperactive dancing is better suited to SYTYCD.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I love Derek, I missed him when he took a break( I miss his sister) they are GREAT!

Mark, hmm he has done well with the Mirror ball trophies, I think he's fine on this show
    Living and ilja like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    He took a break, a year ago in Season 12. And he & Ricki only finished 3rd last year. And I doubt that Maria will make it to the finals -- or if she does, it will be a set-up for third like with Ricki.

But I'm with you on Mark -- I wish he'd take a permanent break from the show. His flashy, hyperactive dancing is better suited to SYTYCD.
    Nooooo! He'd ruin SYTYCD! They'd have to rename the show to - So You Think You Can Showboat!
    Shoepie, Bet2Win and AZChristian like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

He choreographed a number last year for SYTYCD and it bombed. I don't think he'll be invited back.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread