+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Maria Menounos & Derek Hough - Season 14

Re: Maria Menounos & Derek Hough - Season 14

She isnt going to win him any mirror ball imnsho.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I didn't like this dance at all.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

These two were picture-perfect tonight!

Why the big to-do about supposedly kissing during the dance? If they did, I didn't see it. Do the producers want there to be some romance? And why didn't Derek/Maria say yes or no? What's to gain by keeping it a secret? They sounded like it was an answer that would get them into trouble.

To me it seemed liked they were just getting into character... no real feeling. But who knows? I believe I predicted in Week 1 that they would hook up because of their similar personalities and successes during youth.

FORT Fogey

I think elusive relationships are encouraged by production. We have a likely romance here given they are both single and I think they want it to build.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Derek is a great choreographer, but I'm sick of production trying to make it seem like there is a relationship with everyone he partners with. For his sake, I hope he isn't with her b/c she seems like the most annoying person
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think elusive relationships are encouraged by production. We have a likely romance here given they are both single and I think they want it to build.
    The one thing these two have is fun. FUN ! It's always good to see that. For sure it make life easier in rehearsal
    Living likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Julianne with Ryan Seacrest and Derek with Maria? That would make for some major energetic family get togethers!! Talk about hyper!

FWIW, I think they're just having fun with the dancing too - I don't really see romance, but I could be wrong. I think Derek is just really good at his job.
    fireflyer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Derek is a very good cheographer and Maria interpreted his dance perfectly in the rhumba. Very convincing, show stopping performance. She is so sensual without being aware of it which is a complement.

We have seen her grow from episode 1 and she is mesmerizing on the dance floor. If she continues at this pace - and with Derek's cheography she could- she could be in the finals. Unfortuneately tptb cannot have a 4th Derek win so soon. fFor the show to be great, he has to wait one or two more seasons before he can win again. They cannot afford to have too many Derek wins. Someone else will be given the chance even though he may deserve it. And this season is starting to look like it.
    Last edited by Living; 04-03-2012 at 01:28 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    Derek is a very good cheographer and Maria interpreted his dance perfectly in the rhumba. Very convincing, show stopping performance. She is so sensual without being aware of it which is a complement.

We have seen her grow from episode 1 and she is mesmerizing on the dance floor. If she continues at this pace - and with Derek's cheography she could- she could be in the finals. Unfortuneately tptb cannot have a 4th Derek win so soon. fFor the show to be great, he has to wait one or two more seasons before he can win again. They cannot afford to have too many Derek wins. Someone else will be given the chance even though he may deserve it. And this season is starting to look like it.
    I don't think this show is as manipulated as many think. Half of the score is from the viewers. I really don't see them at a round table saying 'we have to score Derek on the low side so he doesn't win this season.' If they really, really don't want a pro to win they asign them the poorest dancer who has no shot a the win. This year that is Gladys. They gave Derek a physically fit woman with a beatiful body and good coordination (wrestling back ground).

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I think these two are a LOT of fun to watch. And, that rhumba was smokin' hot!
    Living likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread