+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Martina Navratilova & Tony Dovolani - Season 14

Re: Martina Navratilova & Tony Dovolani - Season 14

I just rewatched the show On Demand and I thought I saw Chrissie in the audience. Anyone else notice that?
    jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yup, I noticed her there too. Front row I think. I remember some of the classic matches they had.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I just rewatched the show On Demand and I thought I saw Chrissie in the audience. Anyone else notice that?
    Yep. She was sitting there looking gorgeous in red, clapping and smiling from ear to ear, supporting her friend. I loved it.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Absolutely!! Its nice she was cheering her on
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I felt bad for her during the judging == I thought they were getting a little (unintentionally) insulting the way they all commented on how beautiful she looked in a formal. She was in a gaudy sequined gown and her makeup was way too heavy, and either her hair was trapped in curling irons all day or she had a wig/extensions. It was almost like she was in drag, lol.

I wish they would let women express their own personal style just a little in the costuming. Gavin basically wore his own clothes and hat while he danced. Martina should get the same chance once or twice to feel more comfortable while she dances.

I have a bad feeling she'll be the first sacrifice this week, but I hope she gets a reprieve. I wouldn't mind seeing Jack or Sherri go first.
    karalott and Shoepie like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Does she have the Jive next week? Maybe Tony will bring out some of her personal style with the next dance.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised with how good she looked in full makeup. Remember how awful Monica Selles looked? Steffi Graff doesn't look great all made up either and both of them are attractive women. I thought Martina looked very pretty and her body is insane for anyone, much less a woman in her 50's.

I don't think she'll make it past the first few weeks, but I love that she's doing the show. I've always been a fan.
    karalott, MFWalkoff and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I felt bad for her during the judging == I thought they were getting a little (unintentionally) insulting the way they all commented on how beautiful she looked in a formal. She was in a gaudy sequined gown and her makeup was way too heavy, and either her hair was trapped in curling irons all day or she had a wig/extensions. It was almost like she was in drag, lol.

I wish they would let women express their own personal style just a little in the costuming. Gavin basically wore his own clothes and hat while he danced. Martina should get the same chance once or twice to feel more comfortable while she dances.

I have a bad feeling she'll be the first sacrifice this week, but I hope she gets a reprieve. I wouldn't mind seeing Jack or Sherri go first.
    I always know its a bad sign when the judges start commenting how beautiful you look and comment on your appearance and positive attitude rather than say anything about your dancing. I don't want to lose Jack or Sherri yet (or their partners). Martina I'm neutral on; I don't feel like I'd miss anything if she went early. She seems like an obvious first boot, and since the jive is her second dance, I'm not sure that'll boost her fan support. I'm not sure what type of a fanbase she has coming in. If she's not the first boot, I have no idea who it would be. My second guess is Gavin, but I'm not sure he's in too much danger yet, although I don't see him lasting long. Same for Martina; if she lasts this week, I feel like her boot is coming in the very near future anyway.

Her movement seemed a little awkward and timid. But I hope she stays around because I want to watch more of her. I know OF her, but was surprised tonight by how well-spoken and also how gentle she is. And I was also surprised how manly she moves in real life, although I guess that's related to her great athleticism. She is truly a legend, much more so than Gladys. Anyway, I enjoyed watching her be herself AND living through a different kind of performance. I don't really know if I want to see her dance much more. But yeah, I'm curious to see what she can bring to the jive, and I enjoy the footage of her.
    karalott likes this.

I watched the rerun, and Martina looked so beautiful I just had to say it again. I've never seen her on the tennis court and thought "That's a beautiful woman". Even more surprising than what a few curls and some makeup can do is how effortlessly she carried her head with such grace and flow. Looked a lot different than the way she bounced around the rehearsal room waiting for the next volley.

I hope hope hope we get to see her try another dance!
    Florimel and jucamer like this.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I admire the heck out of this woman!
    Florimel, frosty and Jaceegirl like this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast