+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I just had this horrible vision of Melissa doing the jive in full Laura Ingalls garb!
    Great minds think alike!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I just had this horrible vision of Melissa doing the jive in full Laura Ingalls garb!
    Well, it wouldn't be any more hideous than the costumes sported by Jack Wagner and his partner fot the "Sugar Town" routine.
    CrazyDutchWoman likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I really like Melissa - recently divorced she seem she really needs this. There is something about her that seems so sad and she has a lot to prove. Maybe I am reading too much into this....
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Recently divorced and spending hours in the arms of a hunky dancer? Yeah, I'd sign up for that deal too!!
    Ellen, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    I really like Melissa - recently divorced she seem she really needs this. There is something about her that seems so sad and she has a lot to prove. Maybe I am reading too much into this....
    I don't get sad from Melissa, but I do get extremely focused hard worker, probably tending towards perfectionism. Ballroom dancing is just something she's still working hard at and hasn't perfected yet.

I hope she stays around long enough to feel confident and satisfied with her performances.
    Debb70 likes this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

She's also recovering from a vertebral fracture. Been there. I'd be nervous and intense, too.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks said in his blog that the story Melissa is doing is one he can relate to as well. So I'm thinking it might be to her back injury. When Maks was 12, he had a sledding accident where he really messed up his leg and was told he'd never dance again, and always walk with a limp. Obviously he proved those doctors wrong. The jive might be a good dance to show case overcoming such a serious injury, too. He said it wasn't a sob story, more like a somber story with an upbeat outcome. Really hoping the judges don't find minor things to ding them on, and score them appropriately. Instead of scoring non jives and worse dances better than there's

Melissa seemed more relaxed last night. I'm glad the judges didn't low ball her on the score. Their validation last night, seemed to inspire her. I hope she can come into her own really soon. IF not, I fear she will leave soon. With her acting skills certainly she can have the audience in the palm of her hand.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Melissa seemed much more relaxed and like she was actually enjoying herself. I hope she is safe tonight b/c I would like to see what she has to offer.
    karalott, Florimel and jucamer like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I am worried for M & M tonight. I thought they did exceptionally well, all things considered ... but she doesn't seem to have a strong fan base.

Her dancing is getting better but take a look at her facial expressions. She's an actress, but her expressions were very focused on the dance. My impression was that she was counting the steps ... if you know what I mean.

I feel bad because I forgot her call in number and missed it last night and so didn't vote. Dang!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread