+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I think most would much rather have Maks than that fish face over dancing munchkin Mark
    Thats up to you. I dont like the bully( did you see him last year with his partner) nope that wouldn't work for me.

Plus he's sort of greasy

His choreography for me is stale, I can see why he's not winning! LOL go head and enjoy him while he's still on.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I thought she was underscored big time. It wasn't as bad as the judges said it was. I love Maks and the way he stands up for himself and his partner. He sees that there is a golden child *coughderekcough* and just wants the judges to be fair

Melissa says how much she loves Maks every chance she gets. I thought the judges underscored her cha cha big time. I'm not a fan of the quick step, and I wasn't impressed with anyone's quickstep last night.

I like Derek's choreography ... but I don't like how his partner's legs and feet are so covered up for the more formal dances, he did it with Ricki and again last night. No one can see their feet/legs for their foot work.

The obvious favoritism with the judges is becoming more widely recognized as well. People I know who used to love Derek are now complaining about it. There was an article around here somewhere last season that explained Derek worked for Bruno in England.

Chelsea's partner is my favorite so far, wonder if it's because he's a dancer.

All of my votes have gone to Maks and Melissa. Not because she's the best, but because she's certainly not the worst and needs the votes to balance the judge's underscores.
    combatcutie and AZChristian like this.

FORT Fan

Count me as a Maks fan as well -- I so wish he had Katherine as a partner, now THAT would be hot! Mark is so completely annoying that I'm surprised the judges don't call him on it. He might as well wear a flashing vest that blinks "Look at ME! Look at ME! Never mind that female on my right. Look at MEEEEE!" Maks (and Derek) share the spotlight with their partners and make an effort to showcase the dance as a couple thing, as it should be. Mark just doesn't get it.

I think most would much rather have Maks than that fish face overdancing munchkin Mark

Is this a trick question?
    Nice'n'Easy and AZChristian like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Thats up to you. I dont like the bully( did you see him last year with his partner) nope that wouldn't work for me.

Plus he's sort of greasy

His choreography for me is stale, I can see why he's not winning! LOL go head and enjoy him while he's still on.

Oh I sure will!
    AZChristian likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by judibug View Post
    Count me as a Maks fan as well -- I so wish he had Katherine as a partner, now THAT would be hot! Mark is so completely annoying that I'm surprised the judges don't call him on it. He might as well wear a flashing vest that blinks "Look at ME! Look at ME! Never mind that female on my right. Look at MEEEEE!" Maks (and Derek) share the spotlight with their partners and make an effort to showcase the dance as a couple thing, as it should be. Mark just doesn't get it.
    When Mark and Chelsea did their freestyle during season 12, they had those lights that glowed in the dark on them. Needless to say, I was expecting Mark to suddenly light up and say 'Look at me! Yoo-hoo! Over here!' I don't dislike Derek, as I've said before, but I definitely think there's favoritism as far as he's concerned. It looks like we could very well have a repeat pro winning this season, and while I know it's not supposed to be about the pro, that bores me. I don't think any other version is so lopsided in the same pros continually winning and doing well. Karina broke the streak of the same 5 pros winning over and over again since season 2. Alec Mazo is the only other pro to have one win under his belt. In terms of choreography, there are pros I definitely prefer, but I don't think one is that much better than the rest. Sure it looks better when they get to use props, fancy lighting, and don't get called out for messing about for half the dance. But the ones who actually dance the second the music starts until it ends are the ones who get nitpicked The judges are just a joke, and nothing's changed. The show would survive replacing all 3. There were people who thought Idol wouldn't survive without Cowell and Paula, and it did just fine. Maybe the downward trend in ratings (which were down again last night from last week, if I read correctly), has nothing to do with the cast, but other elements of the show. People may just be tired of the obvious bias and knowing some pros can't win. I do think CA has some beef with Maks, and even if he had Katherine, would likely still find fault with them. Heck, he could be in a same sex pairing with William and she'd probably not drool as much
    GabbyG, AZChristian and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

I think most would much rather have Maks than that fish face overdancing munchkin Mark
    Heehee. No kidding.

And while I'm in a superficial mood, let me add that Katherine deserves a better looking partner. Completely shallow, I know, but dancing is done in pairs and she would look even better than she already does with somebody tall, dark and handsome to dance with. While I'm at it, ditto for Maria. I know Derek's supposed to be a fabulous choreographer, but all I see when I look at him dancing is a small, young boy, not a man worthy of partnering a grown woman of any size. There. Superficiality over.

As far as Melissa and Maks go, I think all she needs to do is relax a little bit and not strive so much for technical perfection. All the elements are there. But, how can she relax when she knows she's being judged under a microscope and others are being judged with blinders on?
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

I like both Maks and Derek. Maks is sexy and I would respond to his manner of teaching. I need someone to whoop my ass to motivate me... And Derek does come up with some amazing choreography.

Let's keep in mind that everyone has their favorites and are entitled to that opinion. Don't make it personal.
    karalott and Jaceegirl like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I know Derek's supposed to be a fabulous choreographer
    He is, without a doubt
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    It's hardly Derek's fault he's better than Maks
    LOL, that's your opinion. I don't like Derek, but he is a good choreographer, but I think Maks is better IMO
    karalott, Florimel and AZChristian like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread