+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

I thought Melissa's performance was pretty darn good. Better than her scores convey, IMO. She's lucky to have Max as a partner if he doesn't lose his cool.
    combatcutie, karalott and mom2 like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Melissa got screwed in the scores by comparision to some of the others. I mean, her dance wasn't the greatest. So normally, I'd say a 20 was just about right or even a little generous. But the judges can't be consistant or normal with their scoring. I worry if she doesn't loosen up and not look so nervous and tense that she'll go sooner rather than later, and continue to give the judges ammo to critique her on. But they seem to give her praise, the content praise, then ding her. Her dance should have equaled Gavin's at least, who I felt didn't do a heck of a lot and looked a mess. It was better than Jack's, too, and even though didn't have the enthusiasm of Sherri's, she shouldn't have gotten the marks she did. I just hope she gets some slack next week (I refuse to believe Maks will get the boot first).

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I thought Melissa's performance was pretty darn good. Better than her scores convey, IMO. She's lucky to have Max as a partner if he doesn't lose his cool.
    If he doesn't lose his cool I wouldnt want a parter like that.

We have Mr Lord the over dance and Mr lord of the under dance. But , it it his show I thought they did poorly tonight. I hated what she wore, she looked old and frumpy.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I thought she was underscored big time. It wasn't as bad as the judges said it was. I love Maks and the way he stands up for himself and his partner. He sees that there is a golden child *coughderekcough* and just wants the judges to be fair
    karalott, Florimel, Coco46 and 4 others like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I thought she was underscored big time. It wasn't as bad as the judges said it was. I love Maks and the way he stands up for himself and his partner. He sees that there is a golden child *coughderekcough* and just wants the judges to be fair
    It's hardly Derek's fault he's better than Maks
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Yes, sadly, I think you're right. Derek and Maks (and their partners, any partners) could dance exactly the same dance exactly the same way, and Derek's score would be at least 3-4 points higher, just because he's Derek.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Derek has the ability to make his partner look much better, sadly that's something Maks cant do.
    -Andy Rooney-

Maks made some very interesting comments in his interview with Hollywood.com. He said that “There's not a person on this cast who can't do it, I think it's going to come down to fan base and come down to popular appeal: people's stories, the way they handle things. It's going to come down to the votes. Judges became completely obsolete. We got a 20 [for our Week 1 Cha-Cha-Cha] and we're tied for the last place. Any other season a 20 would be a blessing on the first show.”

I happen to completely agree. With all the couples scoring so high the differentiating factor will be viewer's votes. Viewers votes will easily overcome any difference in scores awarded by the judges.

The judges are not treating these two well at all. Not right.......

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    If he doesn't lose his cool I wouldnt want a parter like that.

We have Mr Lord the over dance and Mr lord of the under dance. But , it it his show I thought they did poorly tonight. I hated what she wore, she looked old and frumpy.

I think most would much rather have Maks than that fish face overdancing munchkin Mark
    karalott, Florimel and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread