+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

I like Maks' blog and agree with most of it. Of course a lot of what he said, has been said here season after season too. Maybe he's reading?

If we as fans feel that there is unfairness in the scoring, pro partner assignments, judges etc., then it would be better to write directly to ABC. Email would probably be better than Twitter or Facebook. I'm sure they have people monitoring message boards, but direct emails would probably have more impact. That might be why the producers have come up with such things as the Insta Dance, marathon dances and the Winner Take All. The fans of those who were considered shocking early boots probably sent in scads of emails expressing their thoughts on the matter.

The ratings are down. That may be due to the show being on for so many seasons, or people getting tired of judge's favourites being over scored. We see it every season, once the manipulation gets to be too much there are a few here who declare they won't watch anymore. That is their choice, but it would be beneficial to let ABC know that and why. If we want to see changes, we have to ask for it and let ABC know how we feel, respectfully. The link to contact ABC is here:

ABC.com - Contact Us
    karalott and Moontat like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Regarding Mak's comments...

Comment about resting Monday evening is valid. It isn't safe or reasonable to push these people so hard.

As far as his other comments, it is hard to imagine a scenario in which a Realty TV show designed to showcase D-list stars reviving their careers by performing dances learned at a pace best suited for Reality TV drama is going to fulfill his professional dance expectations. You have to admire his goal that someday this show will be more like a professional dance competition but that isn't the trend I would expect given the nature of this show.

Expecting DWTS to be a real dance competition is like expecting the Bachelor/Bachelorette to be tweaked to produce the best long term relationship--that is what viewers hope for, and believe the goal is, but the producers are just interested in drama and ratings.

ABC should give him his own show where he can make the rules and be happy. It could be a big hit. (I'm not really joking...he has the fans, he has a vision, give him the chance.)
    karalott, anemone, Moontat and 3 others like this.

ABC should give him his own show where he can make the rules and be happy. It could be a big hit. (I'm not really joking...he has the fans, he has a vision, give him the chance.
    I agree
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post

ABC should give him his own show where he can make the rules and be happy. It could be a big hit. (I'm not really joking...he has the fans, he has a vision, give him the chance.)
    I said exactly that a couple of years ago, and he should take some of the other pros along with him, but I'll bet there is non-compete clause in their contracts to prevent just that.
    karalott, AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I said exactly that a couple of years ago, and he should take some of the other pros along with him, but I'll bet there is non-compete clause in their contracts to prevent just that.
    I'm trying to remember the deal that they have when some pros have appeared/choreographed for SYTYCD. I recall Louis, Chelsie, and Dmitry first saying because they were under contract with DWTS, they had to get the okay from them first. In the AS (?) edition, or whatever it was called, Chelsie was only allowed to return one week. I think it was something along the lines of they could choreograph or appear if they weren't currently appearing on DWTS (either in a past or upcoming season). It was something screwy. But when Louis was on his hiatus from DWTS, some thought choreographing and getting praise for it over at FOX compelled ABC to bring him back as a pro. I'd like to know how restrictive their contract is. I'm sure DWTS doesn't want egg on their face if some of the pros got together with their own dance show and put them in their place. I had heard rumors that Maks/Val were going to have their own reality show, but I think it was a big tease put out there by their publicist. I think that Maks, and some of the veteran pros who don't go the flash and trash route (as I once saw him and Tony refer to the direction the show was going), are just disappointed that the show is getting so far away from the original concept of being a dance show, and celebs actually have to learn dance routines and learn them right. I don't know if he, or anyone else, expects it to be an actual dance competition, but maybe just mirror what it used to be. Back then, even if better dancers left before others, it was still more of a dance show, than it is now. I'll have to post Louis's blog, because he made some good points about last night's show and the judges comments/scores that kind of mirror what Maks said.
    AZChristian likes this.

Kara ... surprising that Dimitry and Chelsea would have to get the okay to choreo for SYTYCD ... they were both at SYTYCD before DWTS.
    karalott likes this.

Speaking of romance rumors on the show, we have some bad news for DWTS viewers hoping that rumors of a blossoming romance between pros Peta and Maksim were true.

"It's false. We're very good friends and that's how it is," Peta says. "He's awesome. He's a great friend and we hang out, we go to dinners, we're with a big group of people, but that's as far as it goes."
    Dancing With the Stars Backstage Scoop: Eliminated Couple Sound Off! Plus, Who Shared a Kiss? - E! Online
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I think that Maks, and some of the veteran pros who don't go the flash and trash route (as I once saw him and Tony refer to the direction the show was going), are just disappointed that the show is getting so far away from the original concept of being a dance show, and celebs actually have to learn dance routines and learn them right. I don't know if he, or anyone else, expects it to be an actual dance competition, but maybe just mirror what it used to be. Back then, even if better dancers left before others, it was still more of a dance show, than it is now.
    From what I've read, when he first started on the show, it seemed that it was stressed to him that this is a show for entertainment purposes and that authenticity (my word) was thrown out of the window. He strikes me as a purist and seemed to want the show to reflect what he put years in learning - real ballroom dancing. He knows it's not the real deal but I don't think TPTB have helped with gimmicky theme nights and inappropriate music choices. By that, I mean using anything that is not 3:4 time for a waltz. I remember the first time I saw the show. I don't know what it was called but each couple took turns dancing during the same song doing the same dance and it was Raise Your Glass by Pink. I was shocked.
    karalott likes this.

Kara, the way most non-complete clauses work is that the would not rule out the pros doing SYTYCD or any other show IF they get approval from this show and network first. They just can't do it without written approval, which they would never receive to create a show of their own. Depending on how it's written, it wouldn't even matter if the pro was not invited back to DWTS; those clauses are written to last for a specific number of years.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Eh, I figured it was probably not true or just a fling. Some of the after party videos I've watched had comments of people foaming at the mouth thinking Maks or Val (who reportedly has a girlfriend), were dating Peta because they were always seen together. I guess in Hollywood if you hang out with your friends of the opposite sex and are single, must be your dating.

Florimel, I'd have to remember exactly what I read. IIRC, Chelsie had to be let out of her SYTYCD contract to join DWTS in the first place. And when Louis and Jonathan were choreographing for SYTYCD, they hadn't been used as a celeb paired pro in a couple of seasons, so it seemed odd that the show would really care.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-16-2012 at 03:19 PM.

+ Reply to Thread