+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

I'm sorry to see him go, but I kind of called it yesterday in another thread. It now makes more sense why he's held his tongue so much this season...I think he made this decision a while ago.

I wonder what he'll do next...the first thing that comes to mind (of course) is the fact that he was the Ukranian Bachelor. Could it be that the US producers have approached him, or will very soon? I don't know if I would watch his season (I famously despise that show) but I'd be tempted!
    karalott, Florimel, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Maks and Tony are partners in dance studios, no? Who knows...maybe Ryan Seacrest will produce a reality show about running a dance studio.

I, too, saw the resignation in his face for most of the season. He looked a tad sentimental, even, while hugging Melissa at the end. I am going to miss the moody Ukrainian if this is the case.
    karalott, GabbyG, Coco46 and 1 others like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Looks like Maks is evaluating his options. Maks had a classy response in the interview located here:
    The Clicker - Maks: 'I'll have to think about' coming back to 'Dancing With the Stars'

Though Maks wasn’t too excited to get eliminated yet again, he found a positive way to look at things too. “The competitor in me will never be OK with a loss,” he told reporters, “but the dancer in me did not want to see Katherine (Jenkins) go. ... It (would have) sucked to see Katherine go on a hiccup.”

Katherine comes across very aloof. But everyone I have seen interviewed that has left this show have said two things of her.She is very sweet to everyone and that she is an awesome dancer .Good luck to the welsh wiggler.

Yes, it was a classy response from him
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 05-09-2012 at 12:13 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I stopped watching this season awhile ago. The show seems way too stacked this year. No one coming from behind. No one making any real progress. That said... I have always loved Maks. He can move on from DWTS, but I hope he manages to stay on my tv somewhere. I would love to see him as The Bachelor!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I stopped watching this season awhile ago. The show seems way too stacked this year. No one coming from behind. No one making any real progress. That said... I have always loved Maks. He can move on from DWTS, but I hope he manages to stay on my tv somewhere. I would love to see him as The Bachelor!
    I would too but after the Ukranian version he said he'd never do it again. But he could change his mind... I would be right there watching!
    karalott, Coco46 and AZChristian like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I read that too I don't blame him for wanting to get away from this show. They don't deserve him!
    Hopefully it's one of those 'will he or won't he' where he winds up coming back after all. But I can't blame him, either. Just like I can't blame Edyta, Alec, and Jonathan from moving on. I mean, what's the point? They were never going to win, they often got saddled with some of the worst partners (either dance or attitude wise), and even when they got one of the best that season, the judges were obsessively nitpicky or they were up against the likes of Mario Lopez, Emmitt Smith, Donny Osmond, Kristi Yamaguchi. If Maks hadn't won the tacky trophy by now, he probably wasn't going to. The negative edits probably got to him. It was the same script for him every season. DWTS is an enitrely different sow than what he signed on for back in season 2. He couldn't win, and he was probably tired of it. The haters will have to find a new punching bag. Assuming he really does leave, I hope TPTB clean house on the pro front and get fresh blood in there. Even though Maks has been in the final 3/4 every season since season 10 (and since I've had to have Derek and/or Mark there I say that's fair), but it's the same pros, at the end, every season, with maybe someone new thrown in there. The same pros get lucky every season, and the same pros get the short end of the stick. Even if they get a contender, they still can't win. I think Maks's choice of words 'heavily manipulated' is right.

As for the bachelor, Maks said he'd never look for love on TV again and the experience was not anything like he expected. Youtube has all the episodes up, despite being in Ukrainian. It's still kind of a fun watch.
    Last edited by karalott; 05-09-2012 at 02:09 PM.
    combatcutie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Hopefully it's one of those 'will he or won't he' where he winds up coming back after all.
    That's exactly what I do NOT want to see happen. If he's leaving, then he should make it official and be done with it. He has no right to steal the spotlight from the rest of the season, and hijack all the publicity for the show between now and the fall. No pro is big enough that they have that right.

The show is called Dancing with the Stars, not the Pros.
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 05-09-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    Rattus and Allie like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    That's exactly what I do NOT want to see happen. If he's leaving, then he should make it official and be done with it. He has no right to steal the spotlight from the rest of the season, and hijack all the publicity for the show between now and the fall. No pro is big enough that they have that right.

The show is called Dancing with the Stars, not the Pros.
    Sometimes I wonder about the Dancing with the Pros part

If Maks is asked, I can't entirely blame him for saying he doesn't know. In the end, it's the producers call, so he may say he's coming back, only to get benched. Before season 13, he mentioned he was going to take that season off, but then Val was added as a pro, so he wanted to be a part of the season for that. And he may really not know. The fall season technically starts in August for the pros, since that's when they meet their celebs, so it's a ways off. He may not feel like returning now, but by then? So if he plays that game, I can't fault him for not giving an answer. Unless he really, really knows that he wants out, then I can say he's playing a game. But I don't think it'll take any attention away from the remaining couples, especially with 2 weeks before the finale (finally). Given that the show tries playing up the whole sibling rivalry aspect, if Val wants to return, Maks may want to get out of his way and let him stand on his own. It does make me wonder if we'll see a shake up next season.

I am curious why they weren't on Kimmel, especially since Tom mentioned it, and, as Ariel pointed out, Jimmy didn't even say anything about DWTS last night. I remember that Hope/Maks didn't make the interview rounds because the show didn't allow it, but I don't see why Melissa and Roshon didn't get to do Kimmel. They were on GMA this morning. Unless Kimmel and co. wanted to devote as much time to Johnny Depp as possible instead of going through the standard interview of how they liked dancing alongside Urkel and the ritual of burning their dancing shoes
    Florimel likes this.

I think that he, and every other pro, are well within their riights to think over whether or not they want to return. First of all, each of them has to be invited back in the first place. Then, it's the pro's career and they can decide when they are going to decide. The show can also decide to rescind the invitation if they want. No difference between that and Brett Favre, for example, taking his own sweet time about whether he would come back each of the latter seasons of his career. This is just a tv show, after all.
    jucamer likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread