+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I really don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories. If word got out that a fix was in it would kill the show - ABC's biggest cash cow. It just wouldn't be worth the risk to them. I will agree that technical problems could occur from time to time with the voting mechanisms. If they occur I don't think they are malicious.

As far a changing the format of the show with the dance-off goes my guess is that the producers had that little gem in their back pockets all along if the scores got too tightly bunched. That happened this year because the judges scored the first dance on the first show too high and had to score all the other dances relative to that one. I don't think the judges were too keen on having to do that either, but they set themselves up for it. If you think the producers wanted to get rid of someone they could have put the lowest scorer in the dance off. It didn't happen - further proof to me that no conspiracy exists.
    Exactly!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maybe outright rigged is a little much. Heavily manipulated? That I can buy. It is a TV show, and for it to succeed, they need to do what they can to make a TV show. I wouldn't have a problem with the dance offs, WTA, marathons, if they didn't insert them in random seasons and not in others. That's where it seems like they throw in their power to ensure they get what they want. The scoring and remarks are inconsistant. What one couple is marked off for another couple isn't. The couples are supposed to perform a certain dance, and some couples can get away with a theatrical performance or hiding behind fog machines. Others get called out for not having certain elements of the dance and are penalized a lot worse than just 1 point. I have to believe there's loop hole somewhere that lets the producers make changes as they see fit. And I don't think that applies to just DWTS, but the rest of the reality TV scope as well. I don't think it's any coincidence with the judges comments and scores and why certain pros always excel or luck out, or that particular celebs get the royal treatment. Tom himself has said it's a TV show, not a real dance competition, and they have to do what they can to make it work like any TV show. Though ratings are still down, I think, they're obviously still doing something.

TPTB know who they've cast. They have asked the questions and watched the applicants walk. Are they graceful, or do they slouch and shuffle. Is their body supple, muscular or heavy? From those casting evaluations, much like on The Bachelor franchise, they can make some pretty good guesses as to who will go far and who will stumble by the wayside. If Maks was told at some point about some contestant that he had a participant, but not a winner, that should be a huge clue that there were others who were far more capable than his partner.

One thing Anna pointed out on the Mike and Mike show today is that the participant should enter the rehearsal studio for the first time as if they were a child who was willing to learn; not someone with negativity about the process. And that is also a part of the evaluation process. If the recruit shows resistance to learning along with other non-dancer problems, it would be very difficult to take them all the way to the finals.

The exception being those with fan bases.
    karalott and sueb1961 like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

I stopped voting after Mario Lopez came in second. I don't know if the show is rigged, but I know that my votes don't count. For some reason, "they" don't seem to want Maks to win the mirror ball trophy. While watching the Little House on the Prairie, I learned that Laura became a teacher by passing a test... a college education, or even a high school education wasn't required.
    AZChristian likes this.

to Melissa/Maks getting the boot. But I knew it was coming. I'm surprised, but very happy, they hung in there this long. And never fell into the bottom 2 with the dance off. Here's to next season, which hopefully Maks is a part of, and maybe will finally get that mirrorball that's eluded him for so long. I loved that Melissa was able to go out on a high note, redeeming herself and getting such high scores. She earned them. Loved the confessional piece with her sitting between Val and Maks. Have I mentioned I hate her for that? I think she and Maks knew tonight was it, and that may be where her carefree attitude and letting loose came from. Either that, or she finally figured to heck with the judges and was was peace with it all. I was never a big fan of hers as an actress (though my mom is a die hard Little House fan so I grew up watching that, mostly in re-runs), but I really came to enjoy her on here. Maks said it all when he called her the comeback kid.

I was disappointed neither she nor Roshon were on Kimmel. I wonder why When they had double eliminations in the past, both couples appeared on his show, so I don't see why that would have been a problem.
    Bet2Win and AZChristian like this.

Yeah, Tom even said that they would be on Kimmel later, but instead I had to suffer through Johnny Depp! I wonder what happened...
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Yeah, Tom even said that they would be on Kimmel later, but instead I had to suffer through Johnny Depp! I wonder what happened...
    I thought Tom said that, so I'm not crazy. Weird. Oh well, Jimmy is the only late night host I enjoy watching, and Johnny Depp was a nice consolation. Wonder if they'll be doing GMA tomorrow.

And totally off topic, but I mentioned earlier about never being able to escape news about Ryan Seacrest. Flipping through the channels after the show, I ran across Showbiz Tonight and there was a story about Seacrest and his empire taking over Hollywood. That guy really is all over the place I think his grin is a tad creepy. Not sure what Julianne sees in him.

After the elimination last night, Lizzie Grubman tweeted that she will be making an amazing news alert re MaksimC! "Buckle up! Its time for me to tell y'all." Right after that she said "Bye DWTS"

Around the same time, Maks tweeted to his fans, ending with "It's been an amazing journey, but it's time to move on!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy View Post
    After the elimination last night, Lizzie Grubman tweeted that she will be making an amazing news alert re MaksimC! "Buckle up! Its time for me to tell y'all." Right after that she said "Bye DWTS"

Around the same time, Maks tweeted to his fans, ending with "It's been an amazing journey, but it's time to move on!"

I read that too I don't blame him for wanting to get away from this show. They don't deserve him!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy View Post
    If he leaves the show, I am done with the show!!!! He is the only reason I watch the show.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread