+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

I didn't say Maks didn't do lifts with Kirstie during their AT, they did & I remember them. There just weren't as many is all I am saying. Melissa is a beautiful woman. I only now watch DWTS just to see M&M dance. After that I voted & change channels.
    I adore Maks but my issue is when you attempt so many difficult tricks which are totally out of your partner's ability it does come off as messy looking. AT is all about sexual passion, their dance lacked that for me. IMHO Maks should have stuck to more actual dancing, did some hook legwork & did 2 minor lifts this dance would have been a whole lot neater. It is difficult to show passion when you look like a deer in the headlights.
    Still voted for them though but it was mainly, this time, it was more of a vote against the judges than for the dancers.
    I think ABC needs to set-up an additional line(s) as to which judge(s) we keep & which we send packing. They annoy me more than Maks childish behavior.
    mom2 likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I think ABC needs to set-up an additional line(s) as to which judge(s) we keep & which we send packing.
    The mental image of Bruno leaving one week and Carrie Ann the next (or vice versa) will keep me smiling all day.

I think ABC needs to set-up an additional line(s) as to which judge(s) we keep & which we send packing. They annoy me more than Maks childish behavior.
    I wish we could have a say on that.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    My "take" on that scene. Bruno was walking past Melissa and made some type of neutral comment as you would in passing a coworker in the hallway. Melissa looked at the camera and, in a surpised tone, said "He NEVER talks to me." Then she gave her head a little shake - again as though she was surprised - and looked kind of annoyed that he had never spoken to her before (inferring there were opportunities . . . but maybe there were no cameras around, so he couldn't be bothered with her).
    MY take on that... bad attitude, egotistical attitude. People who are happy or honored or feel lucky or are polite DON'T display that kind of attitude.

I'm sorry, but poor attitude affects every aspect of your life, and every facet of everyone's perception of you.
    Shoepie likes this.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Actually, if you look back on the season, so far, you can see that Maks never looks at the judges during their critiques. He is always looking upward or to the side. He makes it quite obvious that there is a big rift between them. The thing that bothers me the most about it is that he ends up poisoning all of his celebrities against the judges too and they start to get bitter. It makes them look bad. Melissa is seeming more and more angry and bitter as the weeks go on. I understand that she feels she deserves better scores, and maybe she does, but it is very ugly to see her act so ungracious. Also, she can't possibly be enjoying her experience. She looks miserable, acts miserable, and talks miserably. If Maks really cared about his partners, he would treat the judges with kindness and respect (even if he doesn't mean it), and tell his partner to just smile and not worry about the judges comments. They need to blow it off when the judges don't give them the score they want. It isn't the judges keeping Melissa around at this point, it's her fans. (Although, in my opinion, it seems cruel to keep someone in there who is the worst dancer, is terrified on the dance floor, and is completely bitter and angry with the judges.)
    fireflyer, Shoepie, Living and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Honestly it looked like she was wearing a Depends.

I wil honestly admit I watch DWTS mainly for Maks. A girl does need her eye candy. I normally channel surf during Mark & Derek(will admit to watching Derek with Nicole...even have their AT saved in favorites).

Maks is old school I get that & appreciate that, I prefer that. The problem with Maks is that he needs to realize that most of his partners have little to no dance experience. Don't attempt a move that you know your partner can not possibly do. Would he attempt those lifts with Kirstie? Melissa is a beautiful woman & is a good dancer when she is in her comfort zone.

I adore Maks I too am growing tired of his eye rolling at general demeanor.
    That is the problem with Maks, DWTS is a television show. There needs to be showmanship and it is not the person with the best dance who wins. It is the person with the most fans who wins. Most people who watch DWTS are not technical or ball room dancers. They watch because the dances are beautiful and graceful and etc etc. DWTS is not looking for the next competitor for ballroom/classis dance competitions, it is looking to entertain the fans.

Maks does not show himself to be a team player or someone who adapts well. I am not saying he is this. But he shows himself to be this kind of person. He should be able to identify his colleagues strengths and weaknesses and work with that. Maks seems to be blind to all of this. Like he is saying. I am a perfect ballroom dancer and I do not want to be distracted from that. He needs to lighten up and entertain. Taking his shirt off is saving him much, but after a while, with other good looking men on the show, even that may not save him. no one wants more brawn that brains. He needs to develop his social skills because there is much to be desired. He cannot continue to blame others forever.. it's starting to look and feel petty.

His taste in clothes is also very dubious. This is not the first, nor second time he has come up with dodgy clothing for his partner.
    Last edited by Living; 05-04-2012 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    MY take on that... bad attitude, egotistical attitude. People who are happy or honored or feel lucky or are polite DON'T display that kind of attitude.

I'm sorry, but poor attitude affects every aspect of your life, and every facet of everyone's perception of you.

You're right - and Bruno should know better!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    You're right - and Bruno should know better!
    That was my first thought in response to the post yesterday . . . This is not a wave, jucamer >>> <<< - it's a High 5 for you!
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

MG is also demonstrating how bad tattoos look on older female skin. Good heavens woman, put some cover-all cream on them.
    Pandora2 likes this.

Someone else had tattoos, I thought they said the spray tan(s) covered them up.I wish I could remember who that was.But cover up cream would help
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread