+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 33 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Well, as we've been saying, this is one way to get the finale moved up: just over work everyone with stupid marathon and insta-dances and mega mixes and whatever else they throw in to save their favorites, and whoever is left standing with no injuries wins (or the least amount of injuries).
    LOL! It seems that dancing is just as dangerous as cage fighting. I don't understand why they can't go back to when they showed footage of the couple out at a dance club or training on a trampoline, using different formats to teach their celebs new techniques. I really enjoyed that aspect of the show. Or even showing us what they do on their time off, how they run their busy lives with real life. That's what I want to see. Then again, I'm easy to please.
    karalott likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Well it seems that making Maks look like a arrogant dictator is working. On other boards I see people post about him and saying he is a bully and arrogant. I am so sick of this I decided not to watch DWTS this season.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Well it seems that making Maks look like a arrogant dictator is working. On other boards I see people post about him and saying he is a bully and arrogant. I am so sick of this I decided not to watch DWTS this season.
    I realize people use the editing argument and saying they can't use something he didn't do. However, Maks isn't the first one to complain about getting a bad edit and potentially ruining his chances. Also, we see what, 2 minutes of rehearsals that last over 6 days? Of course they can take the one argument they had that might have lasted 5 minutes and make it out worse than it was. Natalie Coughlin commented the week she was voted off season 9, they showed her and Alec fighting in the rehearsal bit before their dance. But she said the footage they used was from week 1 and before the show premiered. It's all about making good TV and ratings and watercooler buzz. This season doesn't have a Bristol or Kate (thank god), and while I don't think the ratings are anything to cry over, all I hear is how they've went down because there is no controversy. So of course, turn to Maks, and have the entertainment outlets blow it out of proportion. That's probably why no one from the show denied the Jaleel fight and when it was rumored that one girl from The Bachelor was going to join at the last minute, the show didn't deny that, either, but said just to tune in. It's too easy to just deny something or show it as it really happened. I don't really visit a lot of forums, but the ones I do, I noticed it had been relatively quiet on the Maks front, until this week, and there were some interviews he did last week where they picked apart every word he said

JunkieGirl, your post made me really long for the old days and what good TV this show used to be. In looking at the AS thread, I can remember bits and pieces of some celebs training packages; how Shawn Johnson took mark to the gym and had him perform gymnastics routines; Cheryl having Gilles go synchronized swimming; the pros mingling with the celebs families and showing them getting along; Joey Fatone's daughter coming into rehearsals and helping her dad along. Good times. Of course, when you look at what the media reports, I can see why the show has taken the route it has.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyDutchWoman View Post
    Bottom line, as I was told in another forum .He said those things, he acted that way. By now( if I didn't think all this was fixed) you would think he would know not to act that way.
    Debb70 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Did y'all happen to catch what Maks said about Roshon in his blog?

Dancing's Maks: I'm Taking My Injury Day By Day - Celebrity Blogs | TVGuide.com

I feel bad for Roshon though; his rumba was phenomenal. I don't know what's going on. The thing that is certain is, there are no room for mistakes.
    karalott likes this.

I'm sorry but you have to be blind to not see what is happening on DWTS & I stopped watching 2 weeks ago. This season is set-up for it to come down to Katherine, William & Donald to be the final 3 with Donald going out 1st. Moe, Larry & Curly started over scoring starting week 1. After that there was no going back to any semblance of normal. I fail to feel any connection with Katherine; too icy princessy for my tastes. William does not make my blood boil like Maks. I LOVE Donald but once he improved too much he started to be underscored.
    It is a nice day here so I will be spending my evening tonight reading 50 Shades of Grey & not DWTS.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

I notice that everyone has done the rumba except Melissa. Dance-off is - the rumba. Melissa and Roshon were given Argentine
    Tango tonight for Classical week, which in my opinion, isn't as good a fit as three Viennese waltzes and a rumba. Maria is somewhere in between with her Paso.

Melissa said today, in an audio interview with Mark and Brian, that they have some crazy lifts in AT and did not mention anything about Maks' foot problem so I guess they managed practice well enough.
    karalott and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nice'n'Easy View Post
    I notice that everyone has done the rumba except Melissa. Dance-off is - the rumba. Melissa and Roshon were given Argentine
    Tango tonight for Classical week, which in my opinion, isn't as good a fit as three Viennese waltzes and a rumba. Maria is somewhere in between with her Paso.

Melissa said today, in an audio interview with Mark and Brian, that they have some crazy lifts in AT and did not mention anything about Maks' foot problem so I guess they managed practice well enough.
    That's...an interesting dance off choice. Considering the dance off is so short that it's like you blink and miss it, that's why I figured they went with high energy, fast dances like the jive and cha cha, and they'd continue with another latin dance. I find the rumba so boring and bland. I don't know if they want to make the dance off appear closer than the last 2 weeks, when it was obvious who was going home (actually, it was obvious when the bottom 2 were announced before they even danced). I do worry for Melissa, but if the dance off is the rumba, she might have a chance. However, we have a bunch of stooge favorites left, so she's probably a goner no matter who she goes up against. Maks wanted to change their dance style and song, but failed, so I hope they don't a doozy of a song. And, Len called The Situation out back during season 11 for having too many lifts in his AT, so I hope that's not the case here. Maks has put together some impressive AT. Actually, I'd argue some of the best between Erin, Brandy, and Kirstie.

I'm sorry but you have to be blind to not see what is happening on DWTS & I stopped watching 2 weeks ago. This season is set-up for it to come down to Katherine, William & Donald to be the final 3 with Donald going out 1st. Moe, Larry & Curly started over scoring starting week 1. After that there was no going back to any semblance of normal. I fail to feel any connection with Katherine; too icy princessy for my tastes. William does not make my blood boil like Maks. I LOVE Donald but once he improved too much he started to be underscored.
    It is a nice day here so I will be spending my evening tonight reading 50 Shades of Grey & not DWTS.
    It's why I'm anxious for this season to be over, and will probably tune out Monday nights all together once Melissa/Maks are gone. Donald is the only other one I care about, but I feel like he's already getting royally screwed in the scores and comments. It'll be a Katherine/William showdown, with hopefully William winning. Can't stand Mark, and something about Katherine I don't care for. I find her to be a bit fake, truthfully, and if anything else, dull. I'd love for the producers and judges to lose and not have one of their chosen two win, but I know they'll make it happen somehow

Melissa/Maks will probably get a lot of backlash if they survive tomorrow. If this were a real dance competition with something better as a prize, I'd be fine with them getting the boot tomorrow. But it's not, and even Maks sees the writing on the wall. Even if they give the better rumba in the dance duel tomorrow against whoever they're up against, they'll still get the boot. Kudos to Maks for biting his tongue and not giving those 3 buffoons and the producers ammo to use against him. But he can't win either way. If he stays quiet, he's criticized. If he makes a face, he's criticized. If he tweets support from his fans, he's criticized.

Loved the team paso tonight. Melissa and Donald are the only two I enjoy, so my Monday nights will be a lot more free once Melissa is gone, and I only have to tune in for Donald (who I'm guessing will either be in the finale and forced out in third, or thrown under the bus in the semis and kicked out then). Roshon and Jaleel will probably go in a "shocking" (except not really) double elimination next week.

Maks looked liked jaleel did one week, like he had checked out. I think he let his partner down( Val should have danced with her) this constant eye rolling before the judges even speak, is really getting old He must have known the dance was a mess, take it like a man, sheesh! the dress Melissa wore was awful! Then she looked all pissy(as someone else posted his partners end up with an attitude.)When they see it played back, I hope they see a) the dance only deserved 7's and b) their behavior is more like one would expect from Roshon, and he's been in the bottom two .I didn't see him act out
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread