+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

This was Melissa's best dance so far. The judges are really giving it to him and I feel bad b/c he nor his partner deserve it. I am glad that Melissapointed out that the footage we saw of Maks getting frustrated and yelling was a small portion of their practice. Like he said, he is the only one being portrayed as the mean guy who yells and makes his partner cry
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I would still rather be yelled at by Maks then cooded upon by Mark or Derek. I did see Mak & Melissa dance. It was nice I will admit that. I gotta admit that Melissa's tattoo is distracting. This should be a lesson to all young folk who get tattoos. As we mature our arms tend to get a bit flabby. Melissa's humming bird tends to flap it's wings a bit when she dances. While I don't have a tattoo I don't have anything against them. It is just gravity tends to change things a bit.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I gotta admit that Melissa's tattoo is distracting. This should be a lesson to all young folk who get tattoos. As we mature our arms tend to get a bit flabby. Melissa's humming bird tends to flap it's wings a bit when she dances. While I don't have a tattoo I don't have anything against them. It is just gravity tends to change things a bit.
    I agree about Mellisa tats,the dress was lovely, the tats not so great .She also seems very out of shape to me. She was huffing and puffing at the end of the dance, I expect that from someone older.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I do think this was Melissa's best dance. She was not as nervous as she normally has been. I loved the comment about gravity and the tats. lol Darn that gravity issue.
    karalott likes this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think the parts I have bolded say a lot . . . some about Maks and Melissa's relationship, and some about "what really happened with Jaleel that didn't make it on the air.

'Dancing' star Melissa Gilbert and pro Maks aren't happy with angry edit

ABC

Mad Maks? According to Melissa Gilbert, the pro doesn't get any angrier than the rest of the cast.
    By Ree Hines

On Monday night's episode of "Dancing With the Stars," the bad boy of the ballroom finally made an appearance. Of course, as fans know, Maksim Chmerkovskiy's been there all season long alongside actress Melissa Gilbert. But for the first time this season he let his famous temperamental side come to the surface -- or at least the editors did.

The show featured rehearsal footage in which a grumpy Maks could be seen snapping and cursing at his star student.

"Baby, are your (expletive) legs together?!" he asked after one wrong move. When Gilbert told him no, he huffed, "Good. I'll see you tomorrow. I don't know what the (expletive) to do. This is impossible."

With clips like that, viewers might get the idea that Maks is unkind or that he and Melissa have problems getting along. Both of them insist that's not the case, and that the only thing the footage proves is that the "Dancing" editors picked on them.

"I could get mad," Maks told reporters in the press line after the show. "I could be upset about this but actually I think what's happening is that no one else's negative moments are light enough for TV. Mine are the lightest that you can broadcast. All the others ... it's like we can't show this on TV. So that's the story, and I'm sticking with it because everyone gets frustrated. Literally this was the funnest week we never had -- maybe 3 or 4 percent of the time we clashed -- but come on. This is week six."

Before the rehearsal clash even aired, Melissa defended her pro.

"The key with Maks is not to take it personally,” she told Celebuzz. “He’s a perfectionist. Our rehearsals are long and arduous and difficult but everyone’s are. Maks is more publicly vocal than anybody else. But by week five, everybody was ready to kill their pros and the pros were ready to kill their celebrities."

Melissa isn't the only star to be temporarily overshadowed by talk of Maks' moodiness. After Monday night's show, "20/20" aired a "Dance Floor Confidential" which featured a few words from Maks' past partner, Kirstie Alley.

"He's charming and brutal at the same time," she said of him. "If you can survive Maks, it's exhilarating."

Melissa saw some of that charm in her own rehearsals. When she told Maks things couldn't be worse, he assured her they could.

"You could have an ugly partner," he smiled.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Maks tweeted that he went in for an MRI this morning I thought he was limping last night, but he was on his way up to the skybox, so I thought maybe he was stalling so he wouldn't have to answer Brooke's inevitable, pre-scripted question about the rehearsal footage. Well, as we've been saying, this is one way to get the finale moved up: just over work everyone with stupid marathon and insta-dances and mega mixes and whatever else they throw in to save their favorites, and whoever is left standing with no injuries wins (or the least amount of injuries).

And in regards to that footage-yeah, it's what the detractors have been waiting for, and what I figured was coming because Maks hasn't made any issues so far this season, and it's not like the window of opportunity hasn't been there. And he's right that he's not the only one to blow up in rehearsal; he's just the only one they don't mind showing. But I'll take bad boy outspoken Maks over Stepford Maks any day Chelsie dared to talk back to CA last night after CA called out the lift in their rumba, so she's probably blacklisted by Queen Inaba now. At least she's in good company.

I love Maks. He is actually teaching Melissa to dance, while other pro's like Mark, get a push button partner like Katherine. I don't think Melissa is the best match for him partner wise. He's doing the best that he can with what he was given though. Melissa just needs to relax and enjoy the music, she seems to over think the dancing too much.
    BTW, combatcutie, karalott and 4 others like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    And in regards to that footage-yeah, it's what the detractors have been waiting for, and what I figured was coming because Maks hasn't made any issues so far this season, and it's not like the window of opportunity hasn't been there. And he's right that he's not the only one to blow up in rehearsal; he's just the only one they don't mind showing. But I'll take bad boy outspoken Maks over Stepford Maks any day Chelsie dared to talk back to CA last night after CA called out the lift in their rumba, so she's probably blacklisted by Queen Inaba now. At least she's in good company.
    Tonight's ET called it "one of the BIGGEST blow-ups EVER, between a dancer and celebrity partner!" They showed the footage, then asked Melissa about it backstage and that's where we heard their feelings about how they're only showing Maks' outbursts. She called it a soap opera, ET called it "making good TV" which essentially eggs it on I think, and keeps talk away from Urkel. Unbelievable. And I thought the Bachelor was "produced" and manipulated the audience - wow....

it sounds like Maks is in a lot of pain. Val is helping out with rehearsals until Maks can heal up. I hope he can continue. The source of the article is here:
    Injury Update: DWTS Pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy in "A Lot of Pain," Has Val Help With Rehearsals - Dancing With The Stars

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by navybelle View Post
    Tonight's ET called it "one of the BIGGEST blow-ups EVER, between a dancer and celebrity partner!" They showed the footage, then asked Melissa about it backstage and that's where we heard their feelings about how they're only showing Maks' outbursts. She called it a soap opera, ET called it "making good TV" which essentially eggs it on I think, and keeps talk away from Urkel. Unbelievable. And I thought the Bachelor was "produced" and manipulated the audience - wow....

Are they kidding me with that headline?! This is why I was hesitant to believe the whole Urkel fight. The media takes one microscopic bit of truth and magnifies it x1,000,000. If/when Maks leaves the show, who they will turn this edit on next? Of course, it won't be as believable, since they've always made Maks the outspoken bad boy. Even when he's on his best behavior, they still jump at any chance to make him look bad. I'm glad Melissa stood up for him. And his other partners he was allegedly so horrible to.

I heard Maks was trying to get their dance style and song changed this week because he thought it was going to hinder their chances going forward. They have the AT, so if he has a foot injury, and Melissa's has a history of back issues, he may have been concerned she was up to the performance. Of course, they'd have to do the AT at some point anyway, but if they land in the dance duel, they're screwed. No way the judges will keep them over anyone else left. Not sure what song they have. Classical week is probably the only theme that was never whacked out, but I'm sure they'll screw it up this time. I hope Maks gets better
    combatcutie, GabbyG and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread