+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 33 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    But if the pro is choreographing a dance that doesn't even resemble what it's supposed to be, then how is that teaching them to dance? I swear, Gladys' dances all look like she is in slow motion, no matter what the dance is or how fast it's supposed to be.

What's the sense of having someone walk around the floor and call it dancing? So I give props to Maks for bringing an assemblance of what's supposed to be brought ... rather than changing the dance completely to showcase someone's strengths. Some of these dances are so out of touch, it's ridiculous.
    Gladys is 67 years old, that's why its slower. I think you should showcase someones strength and as the teacher you should know what they are.( and what they aren't) I haven't found the dances to be out of touch, not at all. I am thoroughly enjoying this season, the dancers for the most part are pretty close.
    Florimel and Living like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My comment wasn't meant as a diss on Melissa. I meant it more that Maks is my favorite 9EYE0 candy just minus the calories!
    karalott likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    But if the pro is choreographing a dance that doesn't even resemble what it's supposed to be, then how is that teaching them to dance? I swear, Gladys' dances all look like she is in slow motion, no matter what the dance is or how fast it's supposed to be.

What's the sense of having someone walk around the floor and call it dancing? So I give props to Maks for bringing an assemblance of what's supposed to be brought ... rather than changing the dance completely to showcase someone's strengths. Some of these dances are so out of touch, it's ridiculous.
    I agree with everything said here. It's the pro's job to choreograph the dance for the week, and they should be adhering to the style given to them as much as they can. I also agree about Gladys. She is slow and she is more walking or gliding than anything else lol.
    combatcutie, karalott and Shoepie like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    My comment wasn't meant as a diss on Melissa. I meant it more that Maks is my favorite 9EYE0 candy just minus the calories!
    Ah, okay then. I have my own eye candy LOL
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm so glad Maks is around for another week and didn't land in the dance off (Melissa too ) I'm also glad they were announced safe first so I could watch the show with ease. Up against Gavin, I have no doubt Melissa would have lasted. Jaleel? It's hard to say. Gavin only practiced for an hour, whereas I bet Melissa would have been more polished. I'm really excited for their VW next week. Maks has choreographed some of my favorites (loved his and Mel's with the splits, and his blindfold waltz with Erin). This is the first slow paced, elegant, flowy dance for Melissa. I think it'll be a good fit and change for her.
    Bet2Win, nanarama and AZChristian like this.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Talk of wanting a woman to win this time. Why not Melissa? I really needn't have asked that though Especially because Maks is not a judge favorite. Scoring is so obviously lopsided toward their favorites. She is improving, and Maks is great to watch. It would be an interesting upset. What really turns me off, is Katherine and Maria are the only ones mentioned to take the win for the gals. That means their privileged partners will be smuggly strutting their stuff with the trophy "again". Another reason to switch the channel.
    Coco46 and AZChristian like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    Talk of wanting a woman to win this time. Why not Melissa? I really needn't have asked that though Especially because Maks is not a judge favorite. Scoring is so obviously lopsided toward their favorites. She is improving, and Maks is great to watch. It would be an interesting upset. What really turns me off, is Katherine and Maria are the only ones mentioned to take the win for the gals. That means their privileged partners will be smuggly strutting their stuff with the trophy "again". Another reason to switch the channel.
    I don't really want Cheryl to win, either, but I'd rather take her and William over one of the Golden boys winning yet again. Especially when they get the clear favorites. In Derek's case, I don't see him winning, or even making the finals (unless they really throw Donald under the bus or he has to bow out for some reason). But I'm sticking with my prediction of a Donald/William/Katherine finale, with Donald getting hammered to prevent him winning over one of the judges favorites.

I'd love to see Maks finally win one of these seasons. I think the only way he, Tony, Val, Chelsie, or Anna will ever take the trophy is for them to get lucky and get a partner like Gilles or J.R. that wasn't expected to become a fan favorite. And I know Gilles didn't win, but I like to pretend I'd love for Melissa to keep sticking around though, just because I know it'll bug the 3 stooges on the panel. Or at least two of them. However, I'm also sticking with my prediction that she'll be out in the next couple of weeks, along with Gladys, and possibly Roshon (who I think they're selling too hard) and Jaleel (again, trying to sell too hard).
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

Anna and Maks both had partners with legitimate shots at winning when they were paired with Evan and Erin respectively--and we all know what happened that season. DWTS still made sure they lost by casting the ring-dingiest ringer of all time and pairing her with you-know-who.

Any other season, Evan or Erin would have been significant contenders if not winners. But not when the deck was stacked against them from day one. Not when the judges were announcing the winner--literally--before the contest was even over.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    Sigh...I don't know but when Maks dances I don't notice anything else. With Derek I pay more attention to his partner.
    That is exactly it. Maks is not the one to be scored. his partner is. So by taking the limelight from her, she does not shine. Derek ensures that his partner shines and that is why he tends to get good marks. of course Derek's cheography is far superior to Maks's ability, so Derek is able to adapt and cheograph to suit different partners. bringing out their strengths whereas Maks just thinks of himself and maybe is limited to the one level of cheography. Or maybe he does not even see/know the strengths and weaknesses of his partner, so he cheographs what he has in his head without reality. beats me.

Quote Originally Posted by Living View Post
    That is exactly it. Maks is not the one to be scored. his partner is. So by taking the limelight from her, she does not shine. Derek ensures that his partner shines and that is why he tends to get good marks. of course Derek's cheography is far superior to Maks's ability, so Derek is able to adapt and cheograph to suit different partners. bringing out their strengths whereas Maks just thinks of himself and maybe is limited to the one level of cheography. Or maybe he does not even see/know the strengths and weaknesses of his partner, so he cheographs what he has in his head without reality. beats me.
    No - that is not it - Maks is hot and Derek isn't - that is the difference

+ Reply to Thread