+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Roshon Fegan & Chelsie Hightower - Season 14

Roshon Fegan & Chelsie Hightower - Season 14

Roshon Fegan
    "Disney's Triple Threat"

Pro: Chelsie Hightower

Most widely recognized for his roles on Disney Channel, this musical artist, songwriter, producer and actor currently stars on the Disney Channel original series Shake It Up! as Ty Blue. Prior to this role, he appeared as Sander Loyer in the Disney Channel original movies Camp Rock and Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam. Roshon also performed songs on the Camp Rock soundtrack as well as the DVD bonus track.

20 year-old Roshon recently released his first self-produced EP I Am Ro•Shon, which contains two new tracks written and produced by Roshon himself, "Got Me Like" and "Top Of The World'' that fuses a unique universal sound of Hip-Hop, R&B, Pop, Funk and Electronic Dance music. He writes and produces all of his own music under his independently owned record label, 3inaRo Entertainment, where he serves as CEO.

It's obvious that Roshon is a very talented young man. We can't wait to see all those talents on full display in the ballroom as he shakes it up on Dancing with the Stars!

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Roshon Fegan & Chelsie Hightower - Season 14

Is it a given that most Disney stars are triple threats? It seems like the ones I've actually heard of sing, dance, and act. I've never heard of Roshon, but he appears to be no exception.

But I'm glad Chelsie is back I really missed her last season, and hope it's awhile before she has a season off again (unless it's her own doing). Hopefully this will be the season she finally makes the finals. I'd love to see what her freestyle would look like, as that round has become stale and boring (not to mention predictable) for me. Maybe some new blood would raise the stakes again.

Who is John Galt?

Another baby? Why do they keep signing up these young kids who mostly teenagers are familiar with. I have never heard of this guy. And, where would his votes be from? I very much doubt teenage girls watch this show.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    Another baby? Why do they keep signing up these young kids who mostly teenagers are familiar with. I have never heard of this guy. And, where would his votes be from? I very much doubt teenage girls watch this show.
    They probably do, but not in the numbers TPTB would like (as they're always trying to get the 18-49 demo up). Competing against The Voice this season probably will put even more of a dent in that demo for them.

Since ABC is owned by Disney, it's a given we'll get the token Disney star. At least Roshon can actually be called a star, and not someone who had a bit part on a popular Disney show.

Was very, very happy with their cha cha tonight, and am very excited for Chelsie to finally have a true contender. Loved her with Romeo, too, who was the closest thing to a ringer she ever had, but I've already re-watched Roshon's dance several times. It might have been a little too hip hop, but definitely thought it deserved to share the top of the leaderboard. It was a crowd pleaser for me. I heard both he and Chelsie mention on the show tonight and previous interviews about being 'the young ones', which gave me flashbacks to Mark and Chelsea Kane when they were rule breaking. Hopefully the show doesn't set Roshon up as an obnoxious rule breaking rebel.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2 View Post
    I had not heard of him either, but he was very very good tonight. That kid can dance, and some teenagers do watch this show( especially if they take ballroom)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

He can dance, but he is a little too annoying for my liking
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Who is John Galt?

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    He can dance, but he is a little too annoying for my liking
    Very annoying! He's nineteen and a "star" so his ego is huge right now. He'll come crashing down to earth when the real world intrudes, but for now his personality and arrogance annoys the h**l out of me.
    combatcutie and Arielflies like this.

He can definitely dance, but that was not a cha-cha. It was hip hop poorly disguised as a cha-cha. I know that, for the first week, the pros do what they can with what the stars have, but Chelsie needs to start working on his technique and posture or his scores will go down fast.
    karalott likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think that'll be his undoing. I don't really have a problem with Roshon's attitude (yet) but I see the arrogance. However, I'll put that aside for now because it really doesn't bother me. He's a young kid with a hit TV show (I'm assuming) and a Disney "triple threat". But, in any other season, while I think he'd be a potential lock for the finals (or close to it), I feel like he's up against more well known names and potential break out stars in Katherine and William. He's what you expect from a Disney kid. But I enjoyed his cha cha, and really hope Chelsie goes far this season (would love to see her in the finals).

He'll probably be Len's punching bag when it comes to being too showy in the routines or not as technical for whatever style it is; CA and Bruno will likely love it, though.

He does seem a little cocky (in that bratty teenage way, lol), and also a little hyper.

Let's see him Viennese Waltz!
    combatcutie and karalott like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast