+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Roshon Fegan & Chelsie Hightower - Season 14

Re: Roshon Fegan & Chelsie Hightower - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by mandmmom2 View Post
    I think he acts like a normal teenage boy that has grown up in Hollywood....

I think all teenage boys are conceited and hyper and abnoxious...until something happens that make them fall hard....BUT I also need just a few who aren't like this.
    Roshon will be 21 this year.
    Not all teen-aged boys are conceited, hyper, and/or obnoxious.

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Roshon will be 21 this year.
    Not all teen-aged boys are conceited, hyper, and/or obnoxious.
    No, but some are. I think he has grown during this show He doesn't act like he did at the start, he doesn't pout when the judges criticize him
    ilja likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Roshon has improved greatly over the season and was delighted to see him stay this week. He's gradually dropped more and more of this hip hop moves and I applaud him for that. I'm not a big fan of hip hop in general, but I truly cannot stand seeing it in ballroom or ballet.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I think Roshon has improved greatly over the season and was delighted to see him stay this week. He's gradually dropped more and more of this hip hop moves and I applaud him for that. I'm not a big fan of hip hop in general, but I truly cannot stand seeing it in ballroom or ballet.
    I actually like hip hop.I took a class to see just how hard it really is .O-M-G! But I agree, we don't need it in ballroom.

I am very pleased Roshon got to stay, he has improved a little every week. I gave some of my votes to Gavin, they will now go to Roshon.Sadly I think his time is coming to an end on this show, but he has done one heck of a job, with hardly any complaints or back talk.
    -Andy Rooney-

Age correction: In an earlier post, I had read that Roshon was 24 and I criticized some of his behavior because I thought that a 24-yr-old should behave differently about men/women.

I have just discovered he is 20 1/2. Not an enormous difference, but it does explain a few things to me about his behavior. At 20 1/2, he can't even legally drink in a Hollywood bar. Plus when you consider his child-star status, he is probably pretty emotionally-immature. To me, that age of 20.5 explains a lot of his comments about learning 'sensual' and needing Val to show him 'how to be a man'. At 20, he's probably spent more time ON-camera than off. Has he had a childhood?

Now that Roshon's ego has been tempered a bit, I like watching him interact with the others, and I like seeing him give maximum effort. Lots of kids are lazy. In contrast, Roshon works -- he puts forth effort to reach a goal. I hope he keeps improving... he's not the worst contestant remaining.

Did anybody ever find out what was censored during his "classical week" performance (Lady Gaga song)? Midway thru their dance, the DWTS logo appeared for 3 or 4 seconds, blocking the video. When the video resumed, it appeared to be after Chelsie had come down from a lift.

But since the logo blocked the view for so long, nobody really knows. The logo blocked the image before any lift began. Also, Chelsie was fully clothed, so I don't think a wardrobe malfunction happened.

Anyone have uncensored footage?
    Anyone know why it was censored in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Did anybody ever find out what was censored during his "classical week" performance (Lady Gaga song)? Midway thru their dance, the DWTS logo appeared for 3 or 4 seconds, blocking the video. When the video resumed, it appeared to be after Chelsie had come down from a lift.

But since the logo blocked the view for so long, nobody really knows. The logo blocked the image before any lift began. Also, Chelsie was fully clothed, so I don't think a wardrobe malfunction happened.

Anyone have uncensored footage?
    Anyone know why it was censored in the first place?
    It was a camera angle, it shot down the front of Chelsie's dress.
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh for Pete's sakes. Is there a camera-man equivalent of Bruno?

Well, I feel robbed. Most shows have multiple cameras so they get spare footage they can use in lieu of bad footage. DWTS seems to be pre-recorded (otherwise they wouldn't have been able to predict when the bleep-worthy footage was going to happen). So, since it's pre-recorded, they should've just aired a different camera for the televised reel.

For some reason, the logo-censoring made the dance seem very short. I didn't time it with my stopwatch, but the whole thing seemed over before it hardly started. Was it the same length as the other celebs?

I think Roshon absorbs critiques the best, and he is easily the 1 celeb the judges want to mold the most. I'm sad that he continues to be thought of as "one of the worst" each week. I'm going to watch as carefully as I can on Monday, and if he outperforms, I'm actually going to make an effort to keep him in.

It wasn't very long, the logo wasn't on long enough for a wardrobe malfunction, or someone slipping. They often have a camera angle from above, so maybe this one was a little close

I'm sad that he continues to be thought of as "one of the worst" each week. I'm going to watch as carefully as I can on Monday, and if he outperforms, I'm actually going to make an effort to keep him in.
    I have always liked him, I am throwing some votes his way this week , if he performs as he has been doing.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think he was the most improved and should have lasted longer. I do think the competition is tuff this season. No, he isn't the best but he did what I look for in this comptetiton...improvement and enjoyment. I would have rather him win than a couple others...solely based on his improvement and the fact that he is good.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast