+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Roshon Fegan & Chelsie Hightower - Season 14

Re: Roshon Fegan & Chelsie Hightower - Season 14

Too hyper for me.

Does he want to learn the Latin dances, or does he think he's here to revolutionize the dance industry?
    Next, please.

He will probably go quite far because he has rhythm. I hope Len can get through to him though.
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.

I watched the re-run and decided I was too hard on him. His dance WAS sharp. Yet maybe not always in the true vein of the ChaCha. Later in the show when CarrieAnn told William she liked how his freestyle stayed true to the dance, I think she was making a small dig at Roshon for not staying true.
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

This kid dances well, and he got a high score because he does dance well; however, he did not dance a cha-cha according to Len. In other seasons, very good dancers who went on to the finals - in fact in just last season alone JR - got distinctly docked for the exact same thing when their routines did not stay true enough to the dance assigned to them.
    karalott and Florimel like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    This kid dances well, and he got a high score because he does dance well; however, he did not dance a cha-cha according to Len. In other seasons, very good dancers who went on to the finals - in fact in just last season alone JR - got distinctly docked for the exact same thing when their routines did not stay true enough to the dance assigned to them.
    I'm convinced the judges were just following a script, trying to stay positive, and keep in tune that "it's the best and most competitive season ever" (that's all I've heard in the previews this week, so I guess Tom found his tag line for the season). Beats "most talked about/controversial cast ever". It's why I wish the judges would give a clear explanation what they look for and score for, because then they'd have to stick to their own guidelines, and actually score based on dancing (or whatever they look for). I'm sure it won't last for Roshon, and he'll probably start getting dinged down the road, at least by Len (if he's not a judges favorite, eventually CA and Bruno will dig into him, too). I like him, and can't wait to see what Chelsie comes up with in the coming weeks. Even though Chelsie's had younger partners, Roshon seems different from Romeo and Louie.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    Too hyper for me.

Does he want to learn the Latin dances, or does he think he's here to revolutionize the dance industry?
    Next, please.

He will probably go quite far because he has rhythm. I hope Len can get through to him though.
    I love his energy! I didnt know who he was, but he had great energy. Plus it was great to see Chelsie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Sill loving his energy and his tux. I can see potential in this young man.He is obviously able to learn his dances pretty quickly. I like what Len said, he is young and fresh
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-27-2012 at 03:31 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

He did a good job, but he is just not my cup of tea. He annoys me and I can't pin point why LOL
    Florimel likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

His show is very popular amont tweens right now. He plays a "dumb" kid on the show. He does have moves though. Even on the show he shows those off. My daughter made me promise to vote for him....but I forgot...which is the truth.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    He did a good job, but he is just not my cup of tea. He annoys me and I can't pin point why LOL
    He kind of annoys me, too, but I think he's just high strung, hyper, loud, and arrogant. But he's got a good reason to be, because he has talent. And he's young. I'm happy for Chelsie, and hope they have a good, long season (hopefully they make the finals). I really enjoyed his quickstep. It was a great start to the night and while I thought he was a tad overscored, in the end it was well earned. I remember that Sabrina, Mel B, and Joey Fatone seemed to struggle with their freestyle/hip hop dance background, and I see the same being true for Roshon. He can dance, but I think that may catch up with him eventually.

And I totally don't buy he was in any sort of jeopardy last night. Maybe he's not pulling in the votes they thought he would so they wanted to rattle his fanbase. But I don't believe he was in any danger of going home just yet.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Dang, this kid can DANCE!!! He catches on quickly and moves extremely well. He's a bit young and brash, but hey - weren't we all at one time?
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast