+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Not to nit pick, but I have never heard Sherri say that she disliked interracial couples or gays. Maybe I missed that, but I watched her on The View for a long time, though not lately.

While there are some issues with Sherri, I still think she is a good person and funny at times. I did find her entertaining on DWTS and IMO, I think no other contestant has every loved to be on the show more than Sherri. For that reason, I was heartbroken that she had to leave so early. I know 3 others I would have liked to see go before her.

I have never heard her say anything close to those things either. I admit to not watching 'The View' that often, when its on, it's background noise.

The show is fluff, and she is fluffy.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Not to nit pick, but I have never heard Sherri say that she disliked interracial couples or gays. Maybe I missed that, but I watched her on The View for a long time, though not lately.
    Her ‘dislike’ is not the issue.

However, several times in 2009 and 2010 when she was on her “I gotta get me a man” soapbox, someone suggested she broaden her horizons and date outside her race. She said “No, I don’t believe in interracial dating.” Those words came out of her mouth – I heard them. I have also heard her say she is against homosexuality and gay marriage.

Oh, sure, she grins in the faces of gays and people in interracial relationships on The View and elsewhere, but that shows what a hypocrite she is. Wouldn't surprise me if gays and people in interracial relationships AND people who are more tolerant helped boot her off the show by voting for other people.
    Last edited by tango7; 04-11-2012 at 12:25 PM.

Its her view though. Its not mine, but I hate to tell you, Sherri isnt the only one with that view.
    -Andy Rooney-

Val tweeted .Sherri gave her all, and I'm not just saying that. Literally her ALL, never complained about ANYTHING! She deserved better."

Melissa tweeted , "I just watched my tivo'd #DWTS and I'm weeping. @SherriEShepherd I will miss you so much."

Martina said that Sherri and Gladys were the ones she was cheering for.

Sounds like she made good friends on that show
    Shoepie and Debb70 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Val was on The View today and they asked him why he thinks they were eliminated. He said he thinks people were intimidated because Sherri is such a ‘big star’ and so beautiful and sexy. When asked who he thinks will win he said “I don’t know. To me, Sherri is the winner". Really? Thanks, Val.
    Uncle David and Debb70 like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Val was on The View today and they asked him why he thinks they were eliminated. He said he thinks people were intimidated because Sherri is such a ‘big star’ and so beautiful and sexy. When asked who he thinks will win he said “I don’t know. To me, Sherri is the winner". Really? Thanks, Val.
    I think he was just being nice. How do you answer those questions with the truth without being rude??? Of course, you lie through your teeth LOL
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Spoken like a wonderfully adoring husband! Sounds good to me. What could he really say?
    karalott, Shoepie and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

While there are some issues with Sherri, I still think she is a good person and funny at times. I did find her entertaining on DWTS and IMO, I think no other contestant has every loved to be on the show more than Sherri. For that reason, I was heartbroken that she had to leave so early. I know 3 others I would have liked to see go before her.
    I don't watch The View, so I can only judge on her what I have seen on DWTS. I liked her - she is funny, she really wanted to be there and she throughly enjoyed herself. I think she had a good relationship with Val and I will miss her. Although I have to admit that I will miss Val more
    karalott and ness like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Since I don't watch The View, I've never heard Sherri make those remarks or even heard about it in the press (maybe the anti-gay thing, but I might have only been half listening and assumed they were talking about Elisabeth). But, I think that's sweet what Val said. What else could he say? Even Tony had to pretend Kate was a hard working, fun, good dancer. He and Sherri seemed very close, and I think he was more heartbroken than her that they were eliminated. I think Sherri is a beautiful woman, and no one could beat her in spirit. Most everyone else, minus Donald and Gladys, are just boring personalities that blend together for me. They may be better dancers than Sherri, Jack, or Gladys, but in the end, I'd rather have celebs I enjoy than boring celebs who are the better dancers (sometimes I get lucky and the best dancers are also the most entertaining). Maria and Donald fit that for me this season. But, like jucamer, losing one of the Chmerkovskiy's is a bigger loss for me, regardless of who their partner is I think I just expected Sherri to have a bigger fanbase since she's on The View, but since I never watch the show, what do I know
    Last edited by karalott; 04-11-2012 at 04:07 PM.
    ness and jucamer like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast