+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Well, I like Sherri, and I ADORE Val. But then, I don't watch the recap/results show, so I only see her once a week. Maybe that's why I find her amusing, because I'm getting a lower dosage.

Did anyone else notice in the preview before their dance on Monday, that Val sounded EXACTLY like Maks? I had to look twice at my TV to be sure I was watching Val. I've always been easily able to tell their voices apart before.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Well, I like Sherri, and I ADORE Val. But then, I don't watch the recap/results show, so I only see her once a week. Maybe that's why I find her amusing, because I'm getting a lower dosage.

Did anyone else notice in the preview before their dance on Monday, that Val sounded EXACTLY like Maks? I had to look twice at my TV to be sure I was watching Val. I've always been easily able to tell their voices apart before.
    There have been times where I haven't been paying attention to the TV, and when I look up I think it's Maks but it's actually Val. They do sound a lot alike. I notice their mannerisms are similar, too. Val seems more reserved and a little shy on the show, but seems to really bring out his personality in interviews and pap videos.

I know Sherri grates on people, but I love her and her fun personality. After the last few seasons of Kate, Bristol, the Kardashians, and the controversy over Chaz, it's nice having people who are fun and enjoyable, even if they take it to the extreme of their partner having to cover their ears and everyone else looking for cover
    jucamer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Sherri has lived for the chance to be on DWTS for years. She was rather obsessed with the show too. I have seen her talk about it on The View for years. I think that it is such a dream come true for her, that she can't contain herself. Plus, Sherri is a very vocal and expressive person. I suspect she does a dance about half as big as we have seen on DWTS, for things such as finding a good deal on a nice handbag. It's just her IMO. LOL. I'm not a huge Sherri fan, but I do find her dancing rather entertaining.

Wendy Williams told Sherri on live tv to NOT play into the producers of that show by acting the fool. She said that's what they wanted her to do when she was on there and she refused, (like it was beneath her). She claims that's why she left in week 2. I personally think it was Wendy's dancing, but hey. She has carried a grudge ever since. She admitted last week that she just dropped a grudge she had against Brook Burke. She said though she was friends with Brook and her husband, when Wendy went on DWTS, Brook and her husband, acted like strangers. It hurt Wendy. She's now over it. I know, TMI. LOL
    I happened to see that episode of Wendy, too.

JMHO, I totally agree with you that the reason Wendy left in Week 2 had to do with her dancing, and not anything else. I absolutely remember how happy she was when she was chosen to be on the show when she got chosen. But according to what she said on ANOTHER episode of her show --- after she was gone from DWTS, of course! --- I recall her saying something to the effect of:

"Tony pulled me aside for a talk. He said his wife had said to him: 'Have you talked to Wendy, yet?' (meaning, apparently, to let her know that the show producers just wanted her to come on in order to act the fool and be the butt of jokes. For obvious reasons, I think.). Then he said to me that that was what they'd wanted me on the show for (i.e., to act the fool, etc.). And I'm not going to do that for anybody!"

Of course, that was awhile ago, and what I quoted above is paraphrasing as I remember the gist of her remarks from that time at this point.

Personally, I think Wendy is/was still hurt by that. Meaning, hurt that she left off the show in Week 2, for what she was told were her low scores, but what she perceived (in her mind, at least) as punishment for not allowing herself to become Resident Court Jester for DWTS. Otherwise, why would she even use her breath to bring it up now, all these months later, in the guise of "pullin' a Sistergirl's coat?"

I mean, that's the way I'm reading her live TV message to Sherri.

Sherri and Wendy both happen to be black, but, as anybody who's ever seen the two of them, knows: They are two TOTALLY DIFFERENT and separate individuals, who carry themselves in two TOTALLY SEPARATE AND DIFFERENT WAYS.

I myself have no particular axe to grind with Wendy; I can take her or leave her.

But do I think her live-on-TV, shout-out warning to Sherri was necessary, or appropriate?

No.

I think she said what she did to Sherri on her show because of a combustible combination of hurt feelings and resulting anger about what she perceived as a slight because she wasn't a "good girl" who'd go along and "play ball" with the DWTS producers. IF you give her version of why she left credence, that is.

I mean, I have no particular issue with her, for the most part. But then again, Wendy HAS been known to stir the pot, herself, back in the day, too.

Sherri is who she is, and so is Wendy.

And so be it.

JMHO and random thoughts.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I cannot stand Sherri. Yes, she had a miracle baby, but I honestly think it was all an act.
    OMG - I don't think you really mean that! I seriously doubt that she's "faking" having a preemie/miracle baby. Trust me, if you have a child that is "doomed" by the doctors and that child makes it through and is normal, you're going to carry that experience with you all of your life.

Dislike her all you wish, that's your right. But, don't deny a child that has come back from the brink.
    ness, Shoepie and jucamer like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I cannot stand Sherri.
    Let me check...

Yup! Still can't stand her!
    Coco46 likes this.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    OMG - I don't think you really mean that! I seriously doubt that she's "faking" having a preemie/miracle baby. Trust me, if you have a child that is "doomed" by the doctors and that child makes it through and is normal, you're going to carry that experience with you all of your life.

Dislike her all you wish, that's your right. But, don't deny a child that has come back from the brink.
    I remember watching "The View" for awhile a few years ago, and there are definitely legitimate issues with her child.

FORT Fogey

I understand why some don't like Sherri. As I have already said, I have a soft spot for her because Barbara Walters doesn't like her and it seems Whoppie and Joy have a more distant relationship with her as well. She is the underdog on that show so I have come to focus on her positive and upbeat counterpoint to Whoppie's constant complaints about the world and society. I used to adore her but she appears to have lost her sense of humor and has become very ridgid.

because Barbara Walters doesn't like her
    If Barbara Walters didn't like Sherri, Sherri would not be on The View. (Of that you can be sure.) And she wouldn't have allowed Sherri to take several days a week to be on DWTS.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    If Barbara Walters didn't like Sherri, Sherri would not be on The View. (Of that you can be sure.) And she wouldn't have allowed Sherri to take several days a week to be on DWTS.
    She likes having a varity of personalities and tolerates Sherri because she is good for the mix and I am sure delighted she in on DWTS because it is more exposure for The View. They are not close and the strain is often evident.

Why is she not liked? Because she's loud? I don't watch The View so please tell me!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast