+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Sherri Shepherd & Val Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I have a little soft spot for her because Barbara Walters doesn't like her. And I have come to see her close friendship with Elizabeth (don't like her politics) is nifty. Two very different people who bonded, big time.

Her costuming was unfortunate. She had too much fabric around her upper body. I would like to see her stick around and lose weight; she wants to and is excited about that perk. And she can dance. I think she was underscored. It is hard to see how well heavy people dance becasuse their weight seems to overshadow the ability.
    Agree with you Shoepie. I think she is very light on her feet. Val seems to sense what his parter needs, so it will be good to see them again tonight
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Respectfully disagree. I stopped watching The View because of Elizabeth and Sherri. Even Joy and Whoopie get on my nerves for various reasons. Barbara may have her faults, and I don't agree with all her opinions, but none of these women would have a place on this kind of a show if Barbara had not led the way for women newscasters in her youth. She has earned my respect for that alone and I don't think men or women should be disposed of when they age. I have to applaud the British for continuing to use and respect their older stars.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I was ready to be horrified but she wasn't that bad, she's a big girl ( at least on top) Lots of energy , enjoyable dancing, Val does a pretty good job with her .She is safe
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Let me start by saying I found Sherri's jive enjoyable. It was fun, full of energy, and as annoying as Sherri may be, she's having a lot of fun out there and it shows. I did worry about a wardrobe malfunction, however. But she made obvious mistakes, which are obvious in this dance. She didn't deserve the scores she got and while the judges may have been right to praise her spirit and energy, this is where I feel they get inconsistant. Melissa made no mistakes that I could see, and gets a lower score. Gladys had trouble keeping up and seemed to look tired, but still gave a decent performance, and also got a lower score. It's not the first time the judges have done that, but it makes them seem like more unintelligent baffons when they call another celeb out for making mistakes and dock them points, but not Sherri. And if the pro or celeb were to take issue with the judges, they'd get a smackdown from them

However, Val is a nice bonus in this pairing
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Respectfully disagree. I stopped watching The View because of Elizabeth and Sherri. Even Joy and Whoopie get on my nerves for various reasons. Barbara may have her faults, and I don't agree with all her opinions, but none of these women would have a place on this kind of a show if Barbara had not led the way for women newscasters in her youth. She has earned my respect for that alone and I don't think men or women should be disposed of when they age. I have to applaud the British for continuing to use and respect their older stars.
    Although this is not about The view.Its time for her to step aside, she is becoming a caricature of her former self. Leave with dignity, they do that in Britain also. I am happy for Sherri she got the chance to dance.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Sherrie did well with the dance, but she was WAYYYYYY overscored. IMO. She just grates on my last nerve with her stupid comedy crap
    tango7 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Sherrie did well with the dance, but she was WAYYYYYY overscored. IMO. She just grates on my last nerve with her stupid comedy crap
    THANK YOU!!!! I am sorry but the judges critized other dancers for the lack of "flicks" & whatever else. I saw none of that in Sherri's dance just a whole bunch of shimming. That is not a jive.

Is it only me but does it not seem that the judges over score contestants who have anything to do with ABC/Disney?
    Florimel likes this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I couldn't agree more! Sherri and Elisabeth ruined The View for me. I used to listen to it in the background daily... I enjoyed Barbara's presence.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Of course they're over scoring and over praising Sherri because she's on The View. She has a big (obnoxious) mouth and an audience of millions every single morning on the same network. If covering the show weren't my job, I would check out until she's eliminated.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I cannot stand Sherri. Yes, she had a miracle baby, but I honestly think it was all an act. I really wish Val would have gotten someone better like Katherine.
    Florimel likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast