+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: William Levy & Cheryl Burke - Season 14

Re: William Levy & Cheryl Burke - Season 14

I haven't been a big fan of Cheryl's as I think she relies far too much on the sex factor and it's getting old.
    It worked with Christian, Gilles and a few of the others because there was an actual chemistry there. Unfortunately, I see zilch chemistry with Cheryl and William.
    I think that William is an attractive man, but I just don't find him at all sexy. And, I just don't care for this pairing at all. Sorry.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I applauded William tonight when he seemed reluctant to take his shirt off and wanted to actually be judged based on dancing. I think Cheryl learned something from last week, and if it's the producers intervening about him playing up the sexy for the viewers, I hope they butt out. William does have the natural talent, and CA and Bruno need to keep their hormones in check. I feel sorry William has to stand there and listen to them critique-grope home. He's a nice guy, although not my absolute personal favorite. But since I think it's coming down to him and Katherine, I hope he wins.

Really loved their dance tonight and was surprised it didn't get at least one 10. I thought it was one of the top 3 of the night.
    tango7 and Harmony2000 like this.

Loved this dance. Very well done,he did look at times like he was still in pain, but much improved, and he looked very handsome in his suit. Definitely still the hot one on DWTS, especially with a suit on.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I like William. I don't blame him for what has happened. I blame Cheryl. She is the one who from day 1 has played up his sexiness. He has always seemed reluctant to capitalize on it. He even tried to talk them out of the going shirtless thing. I hope that she continues to respect his wishes and gives him actual routines that are not just about him baring his chest and looking sexy.

I don't think he should win but I wouldn't mind him in the final 3.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

There's a website called Poptower which is displaying the following quote from Cheryl: She and Levy also said that Bruno (Tonioli) was talking dirty to them during the dance. Burke says, "Bruno was talking dirty to me, during the dance. I'm sure. I heard him talk to me while we were dancing. He was saying, 'Oh my god, Cheryl.' I don't know what he was saying. I hope they show that back tomorrow ...Well, considering that Cheryl has been practically BEGGING the judges and America to vote for sex, I think she should welcome the drooling.
    iwatchtv and Jaceegirl like this.

I am tired of William. He looks very good, but his footwork leaves alot to be desired. I am sure she would welcome the drooling, but we have William vs the chippendales( Maks and Maks lite) LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I am tired of William. He looks very good, but his footwork leaves alot to be desired. I am sure she would welcome the drooling, but we have William vs the chippendales( Maks and Maks lite) LOL
    For once I agree with you Fanny Mare. He is kind of lax with the footwork. I even think some of his arm extensions were weak last night. I like him and I like Cheryl, but I don't like them together. I think there is no real chemistry between them and that William feels uncomfortable with Cheryl. I wonder how he would have done with someone else and how she would have done with someone else.
    J.D. and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    For once I agree with you Fanny Mare. He is kind of lax with the footwork. I even think some of his arm extensions were weak last night. I like him and I like Cheryl, but I don't like them together. I think there is no real chemistry between them and that William feels uncomfortable with Cheryl. I wonder how he would have done with someone else and how she would have done with someone else.
    I don't see chemistry between William and Cheryl either.I agree about his arms being weak last night .
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    He is kind of lax with the footwork. I even think some of his arm extensions were weak last night.
    I agree with you not only on his arm extensions and footwork, but I think Cheryl is guilty of showcasing herself and not William. She still depends on the sex angle. Even during the foxtrot she had to end it with some sexy moves at the end while he stood there. During the paso doble there was a lot of walking around and more attention on Cheryl when it should have been William. William did have some missed timing, but it was just a mere mention by the judges while Roshon got hosed for it. Possibly, since William does not seem to want to focus on the sexual aspects and Cheryl continues to do so he doesn't feel comfortable and may be why there seems to be lack of chemistry. A different partner may have taken a different approach and focused more on the dancing.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-08-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: fixing broken quote tags
    iwatchtv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I agree with you not only on his arm extensions and footwork, but I think Cheryl is guilty of showcasing herself and not William. She still depends on the sex angle. Even during the foxtrot she had to end it with some sexy moves at the end while he stood there. During the paso doble there was a lot of walking around and more attention on Cheryl when it should have been William. William did have some missed timing, but it was just a mere mention by the judges while Roshon got hosed for it. Possibly, since William does not seem to want to focus on the sexual aspects and Cheryl continues to do so he doesn't feel comfortable and may be why there seems to be lack of chemistry. A different partner may have taken a different approach and focused more on the dancing.

I am guessing a couple of the judges would still be panting over him , regardless of who he danced with.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-08-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: fixing broken quote tags
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread