+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: William Levy & Cheryl Burke - Season 14

Re: William Levy & Cheryl Burke - Season 14

I was surprised to read on another FORT thread that the stars have to work only a minimum of 20 hrs/wk with the celeb. Wow, just 3 hours a day. I guess I envisioned something much more time-intensive. If they are only doing 3 hrs/day, then for the most part it seems there are a bunch of whiners on the show. I have been in some (very)amateur shows in my day, and they were 10-hr rehearsals.

That's just the minimum they're required to work -- I doubt many of the pros schedule the bare minimum. Plus, some of the stars are flying around the country during the week doing their day jobs, so I would imagine the pros try to grab every second they can.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I remember back during season 2, by the time Master P was eliminated (week 4), 20 hours was all he had put in since he joined the competition (whereas most people were putting in more than that a week). I know the producers at one point were going to put a maximum number on the hours celebs were allowed to rehearse, because they were concerned with the way injuries were piling up every season. Not sure if they ever did, but if so, it's not like it helped.

William has the AT next week. I doubt he'll be going near the front, but even if he is, I smell a perfect score (or 2 10s and a 9), and I don't even like to envision what CA and Bruno will be like I do think how much a celeb can devote to the show says a lot about how they do, unless they're a natural and/or a real crowd pleaser. I know that a lot of celebs come in with prior commitments that were booked way in advance of doing the show, but I have to think it takes a lot out of them to balance their professional commitments and trying to find time to rehearse. It appears that the dance off dance will be a brand new dance so that's two dances the couples have to learn this week.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    William has the AT next week.

This is usually a pretty good dance for Cheryl and should be great for William. Hopefully they will give them some traditional AT music and not something force-fit to the song.

Comparison to Gilles will be made.

Regarding practice time . . .

I'm sorry, I don't recall WHICH specific season this was, but I seem to remember from several seasons back where there were a rash of injuries that were most likely due to couples over-practicing (I guess you'd call it). The upshot of which was that the following season, practice hours were curtailed by TPTB. Which was a good thing, I'm thinking (if indeed over-practicing was the probable cause of those injuries happening), because no matter HOW much it's wanted, in the long run, NO trophy is worth sustaining an injury over, or exacerbating an injury.

William didn't really set the world on fire with his last dance, so perhaps the solution IS to try to schedule/squeeze in more practice time, if possible. He didn't seem injured this last week, so that may be a solution to whatever problems he had.

I really do feel the AT will serve him well as a dance, this upcoming week, and hope he nails it.

All drooling aside (for right now, anyway!) I'd certainly like to see more of what he can do as a dancer!
    Last edited by ness; 04-13-2012 at 03:28 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I agree ness, William has alot to offer. I hope he does practice, because just being sexy wont see him to the end .Donald is sexy, and he can dance.

( anyone else think this smilie looks like someone has been beheaded and is bleeding?) I giggle every time I see it.
    ness likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I put it in the media thread but wanted to make sure you guys saw it, lol.

At the store yesterday, I glanced at the People magazine and guess who was on the cover in all his hotness? William Levy and some caption about being the sexiest man alive (or something like that I was too busy staring at his pretty face to pay attention to the words).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

He is pretty. But THE sexiest man alive title always makes me LOL
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He is pretty. But THE sexiest man alive title always makes me LOL
    LOL I went online and checked the words. It says "Sexiest man on TV". So at least they aren't claiming the sexiest ever or anything like that.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    LOL I went online and checked the words. It says "Sexiest man on TV". So at least they aren't claiming the sexiest ever or anything like that.
    That's better He's definitely the sexiest male on DWTS!
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread