+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: William Levy & Cheryl Burke - Season 14

Re: William Levy & Cheryl Burke - Season 14

I hope the judges and the hosts get over the fact that he's so hot. He was obviously really uncomfortable with all the drooling Monday night. It would be nice if they focused more on his dancing and gave him some constructive comments instead. Objectifying him like that felt really insulting by the end because they kept talking about him like he wasn't even there.

I think he has great potential and Cheryl is really good at bringing out the talents of her partners. He could go far in the competition unless he just stinks at the ballroom dances. We know he's got the Latin dances locked! Like someone mentioned upthread, he had a week less than everyone else to prepare for this. He did REALLY well for so little prep time.

I hope Cheryl doesn't go the cheap route and play up his sexiness. She doesn't need to. That man would be sexy in a garbage bag. If he has said he doesn't want to take his shirt off, that makes me respect him more.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I was shocked at how the audience was going crazy before he even stepped onto the floor. It's like his whole fan club was in the balcony or something.

Cheryl may have landed Gilles Jr. this time. She knows what to do with a tall, lanky willing hunk. I just hope if he wins, that he really earns it. Gilles really had the talent (and got the shaft in the finale), but we'll see if William can walk the walk in the non-Latin dances.
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I hope the judges and the hosts get over the fact that he's so hot. He was obviously really uncomfortable with all the drooling Monday night. It would be nice if they focused more on his dancing and gave him some constructive comments instead. Objectifying him like that felt really insulting by the end because they kept talking about him like he wasn't even there.

I think he has great potential and Cheryl is really good at bringing out the talents of her partners. He could go far in the competition unless he just stinks at the ballroom dances. We know he's got the Latin dances locked! Like someone mentioned upthread, he had a week less than everyone else to prepare for this. He did REALLY well for so little prep time.

I hope Cheryl doesn't go the cheap route and play up his sexiness. She doesn't need to. That man would be sexy in a garbage bag. If he has said he doesn't want to take his shirt off, that makes me respect him more.
    Considering we're talking about CA, Bruno, and Brooke, I'm not getting my hopes up that they'll actually pay attention to his dancing, and ignore the other factors. The 2 stooges have found their boy toy this season, and Brooke found her angle that she can repeatedly question him on ('so last week the judges thought you were sexy, this week you brought sexy back, do you think the judges will reward that? Cheryl, how much do you love your job?') I actually thought they went a bit overboard with the sexy factor. Tom seemed surprised by the reaction he got as he was announcing him. He barely got 2 words out before the screaming started! If William wants to get by on actual dance talent and not by ripping his shirt off and thrusting his hips in Bruno's face, I hope Cheryl respects that. While I've been a bit bored by her choreography in recent seasons, I still think she can pull out the absolute best without resorting to a lot of grand standing at the judges table with his shirt off, considering William has the moves. I think he's Gilles-lite, but it's not like there will ever be another Gilles. Donald and Jaleel are my two front runners for the finals, but William/Cheryl in the next tier of possitiblites to be that third couple.

I hope the judges behave. I don't need to see CA drooling, running from the judges table to hug him (or worse), fanning herself, screaming like a Justin Bieber fanatic, and dancing in her chair as she hoots. I don't even want to get into what Bruno might do I can totally see the story line for his ballroom dances, because he at least has the footwork and technique to move. The judges will probably reward him for being able to transition from being sexy and sultry to classy and elegant (and they'll throw in there that they didn't expect him to be able to do it, even though they really did).

Well, this couple is BEYOND hot.

I think if I was William, I would have felt a little insulted by all the objectification. I think he would've rather heard some instructive criticism.
    Or maybe I'm wrong.
    But he was definitely objectified out there.

But I guess I'm doing the same thing, because he is definitely good to watch. They sizzle together!

She sure does look like a great instructor in the practice footage. But I guess we've known that for awhile. And William seems eager to learn. She's my favorite pro.
    karalott and Florimel like this.

FORT Fogey

I just hope they score him on his dancing and not on who he is and what he physically looks likes. To me, with all the carrying on in the room and then from 2 of the 3 judges, it was almost a given he was going to get a high score; moreover, I'm afraid the handwriting may be on the wall for the rest of the season. Even the judge in the middle will go along with it if you notice. He will just drop his score 1 point when these situations arise.
    Alexxxx likes this.

FORT Fan

I think with his 'Quickstep' we will be able to know if he really can be an 'all-around' dancer. Cheryl Burke based on her tweets and excitement seems to think he_ dancing-wise _ has what it takes to get to the 'Finals'. He's her only celebrity-partner that got her to comment this early that William has the potentials to advance to the Finals based on his talent. She mentioned his ability to learn quickly ... and you could tell via the rehearsal videos that he seems to be a pretty quick learner. Within 10 days he was able to perform a pretty competent 'cha cha cha'.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cherryyou View Post
    I think with his 'Quickstep' we will be able to know if he really can be an 'all-around' dancer. Cheryl Burke based on her tweets and excitement seems to think he_ dancing-wise _ has what it takes to get to the 'Finals'. He's her only celebrity-partner that got her to comment this early that William has the potentials to advance to the Finals based on his talent. She mentioned his ability to learn quickly ... and you could tell via the rehearsal videos that he seems to be a pretty quick learner. Within 10 days he was able to perform a pretty competent 'cha cha cha'.
    Time will tell, can he dance or he is he just a hunk from a J 'Lo video. I hope she doesn't try and take his clothes off again, thats just embarrassing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

ET interview showing snippets of William and Cheryl's Quickstep.

I love his accent . He's hot and he looks like he can dance! nice combo
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

http://gma.yahoo.com/video/entertain...-28728294.html

GMA interview with former DWTS contestant Cameron Matheson.

+ Reply to Thread