+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: William Levy & Cheryl Burke - Season 14

Re: William Levy & Cheryl Burke - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

I am guessing a couple of the judges would still be panting over him , regardless of who he danced with.
    I have no doubt and we all know who the two would be.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-08-2012 at 11:05 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post

I am guessing a couple of the judges would still be panting over him , regardless of who he danced with.
    Not if he danced with Maks.
    Last edited by Critical; 05-08-2012 at 11:04 PM. Reason: fixed broken quote tags
    Alexxxx likes this.

I saw shoe leather from William in the Latin dance, never a good sign. He, I think, was rattled having to work with another male and forgot to point his toes. William still needs a lot of technique work before he can surpass Donald - however, unless Packer Nation votes enforce, all the drooling women will take William to the finals.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Guys, I just had to go through and fix a bunch of broken quote tags. When you're quoting a post, please preview the post and make sure your quote tags are correct. It prevents confusion down the line
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I'm guessing William will do well this week as the Tango and the Samba are right in his sweet spot. Anyone want to bet against me that William will lose his shirt in the Samba? I don't see how William misses the finals with these two dances coming up for him. Even if the judges hate the dances the primary demographic of the show will overlook any sins and put him in the finals on his sex appeal alone.
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I'm guessing William will do well this week as the Tango and the Samba are right in his sweet spot. Anyone want to bet against me that William will lose his shirt in the Samba? I don't see how William misses the finals with these two dances coming up for him. Even if the judges hate the dances the primary demographic of the show will overlook any sins and put him in the finals on his sex appeal alone.
    DancingDad . . .

I DON'T like giving away money for no reason, so I DEFINITELY will not be taking you up on that bet.

Unless he or Cheryl falls and breaks their leg, or neck, or something, I'm thinking F2 for them, too.

But then again, none of us ever know, with this show, do we?
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I've struggled with my feelings about William and Cheryl this season because he is clearly not as good a dancer as he is being scored, and will likely make it further than he deserves. But, at the same time, he is nothing like I expected him to be. He seems to be a very nice, humble man who wants to win on dancing merits, not through his looks, as evidenced by his reluctance to take his shirt off in the group dance. I usually get very frustrated when people get further than they should on these shows - ahem - American Idol - but I don't mind as much with William because his personality has won me over. I think he will work very hard to deserve the accolades he has received.
    ness and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Guys, I just had to go through and fix a bunch of broken quote tags. When you're quoting a post, please preview the post and make sure your quote tags are correct. It prevents confusion down the line
    Critical - sorry as I seem to be the one who started it as I see you started your fixing with my post. I always try to remember to do a preview, but may have missed that one. I will be sure I do it every time and sorry for the extra work.

FORT Fogey

What could hurt William and Cheryl is their lack of chemistry. Cheryl seems to be trying too hard. Her movements are more robotic than sensual and thier dances look/feel too energetic even when they are doing slow moves. Like Cheryl is thinking her moves too much. I do not know, because I feel he wants to try. I heard his girlfriend goes everywhere with him. including to rehearsals. Maybe Cheryl has had to reign it in during their practice time and tries to compensate during the competition which does not come out too much. Cheryl and Gilles were smoldering. She is a professional and can bring it on with any partner, but this connection does not seem to flow through. jmo
    ness and Jaceegirl like this.

+ Reply to Thread