+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Are you all happy with this season 14 cast

Re: Are you all happy with this season 14 cast

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Corky I think he has gone away!
    OMG..
    I saw him on a Pepsi commercial with Sofia Vergara.
    He seems to be lampooning himself in the commercial. So apropos!!
    karalott and jucamer like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Interesting reading this thread and I've learned some things. Have to admit I've never heard of many -- if not most -- of the stars but I am happy to hear there are no obvious ringers or reality TV retreads.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere View Post
    OMG..
    I saw him on a Pepsi commercial with Sofia Vergara.
    He seems to be lampooning himself in the commercial. So apropos!!
    I remember seeing that and thinking 'poor Sofia, probably wishes she had Beckham as her commercial co-star again'. I don't see any rhyme or reason as to why they'd ever need to bring Corky back-if they can partner the female pros with male celebs that are old enough to be their grandfather, they can do the same with male pros and female celebs that are in that age range. Corky obviously has the creditentials and talent of the award winning dancer he's billed as-but I would never guess it watching him. I heard Florence Henderson actually requested him, but I think he was more of a hinderance to her, and I also think Cloris would have benfitted with one of the other male pros. He's a perv and makes his routines a joke.

In terms of pro contracts: awhile back I looked up one time season one pro Charlotte Jorgenson (one of my faves) to see what she'd been up to. I ran across an interview where she talked about her DWTS experience and said that when she initally signed with the show, despite ABC not expecting it to be a hit, she signed a 3 year contract. But as we saw, she was never brought back in any context ever again. So there's probably fine print in there that the show can keep you hanging and possibly keep you under contract if they need you; that way, if you have other engagements or refuse to do it, they can throw it in your face. Unfortuantely for Louis, he doesn't really offer much that the show can't get from the other pros. He's on the shorter side, and they have enough pros to comfortably pair the taller and shorter female celebs. As I said, I'd be surprised if he's much of a regular anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    Tristan's my favorite but I'm ok with everybody except Tony or Louis. And I don't dislike them - I just think they're boring and I'm tired of Tony, after all these seasons. Maybe I'd be ready to see him again if he took a season or two off. Louis I just don't get. To me, he isn't handsome and he's sort of fussy or something - and I haven't found his choreography for celebs to be memorable. I liked Kelly ok but I think I would have liked her with anybody - it was her, not him, that I took to. Same with Lisa Rinna. I understand sort of why Maks is popular but I've never been a fan - sometimes I think he's too mean to his celebs and that makes me angry. .
    Yes, he comes across as a bully .Last season was the worse I had seen him. Lets hope he smartens up, I doubt Melissa wil put up with his tactics
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Other then Gladys Knight...Melissa Gilbert and Jack Wagner...I really don't know who any of the others are...so I will just have to wait and see if this season holds my interest or not
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

It would have helped to put the cast list in the first post. I had to look it up to know who was on this season.

Stars/Professional Dancers

1. Donald Driver/Petra Murgatroyd
    2. Gavin DeGraw/Karina Smirnoff
    3. Gladys Knight/Tristan MacManus
    4. Jack Wagner/Anna Trebunskaya
    5. Jaleel White/Kym Johnson
    6. Katherine Jenkins/Mark Ballas
    7. Maria Menounos/Derek Hough
    8. Martina Navratilova/Tony Dovolani
    9. Melissa Gilbert/Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    10. Roshon Fegan/Chelsie Hightower
    11. Sherri Shepherd/Val Chmerkovskiy
    12. William Levy/Cheryl Burke

Most of these stars I either don't know at all or don't know enough about them to decide how I feel about them. At least there aren't any people I really don't want to see on the show (cough *Bristol Palin, Nancy Grace* cough).

I'm a big fan of Gladys Knight so I hope she does well and stays around for a long time. I remember Sherri Shepherd from the show Less Than Perfect. I hope she's as good of a dancer as she is an actress! The other people have a blank slate so I wish them all well and I'll have to see if any favorites develop from them.

Who is John Galt?

Much much better than last season (which I stopped watching after two episodes).

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    What??? I know you don't like Maks and you have stated that many, many times. But what is wrong with Tristan? How can you not love his "Lucky Charms" accent? LOL

I dont care for his accent.
    OK, can I officially declare you as crazy? I'm kidding. Tristan could look like a troll but the accent is hot. I don't always understand him but that doesn't matter.

(For the record~~it doesn't matter what cereal I'm eating. The character on the box always has a Lucky Charms accent LOL)
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    OK, can I officially declare you as crazy? I'm kidding. Tristan could look like a troll but the accent is hot. I don't always understand him but that doesn't matter.

(For the record~~it doesn't matter what cereal I'm eating. The character on the box always has a Lucky Charms accent LOL)
    LOL. I have a British accent,and I cant understand Tristan. He's okay, hows that?
    JunkieGirl likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, he comes across as a bully .Last season was the worse I had seen him. Lets hope he smartens up, I doubt Melissa wil put up with his tactic
    Well, I saw an interview where she said she ASKED for Maks, so I guess she only has herself to blame if it gets rough. Some swear by him (Mel B, Kirstie) so I guess when he's good he's very very good - and when he's bad, he's horrid. But I don't think his choreo is often "very very" good. Well, I've probably said enough - but I don't like him. It dates back to his reaction to Karina breaking off their engagement and him going nuts about it and saying he'll never speak to "that person" again. Very mature, Maks. Oh, and even before that, when he verbally went after Melissa Rycroft for being a "ringer" when he had had Mel B (who started her career as a professional dancer) and he was all for Karina and Mario Lopez back when she was his friend -- but noooo, it wasn't fair for poor Tony (supposedly one of his best friends) to have someone who'd been a cheerleader. Ai yi yi. I guess I can't get over several grudges against Maks - the worst of which was his physical handling of Hope during Team Paso practice, because of which she said she almost quit the show! I'll never forget that.

Anyhow, I sometimes have trouble understanding Tristan - he just needs to slow down a bit, I think, he talks really quickly, mumbles a bit, throws lines away because he's - oh I don't know - maybe a bit shy? or that's just his way. Or his accent - but unlike Dmitry or some with actual language issues, he doesn't really have any - just clear it up a bit, boy! Meanwhile, I don't really care what he says, I just want to stare at him

I sure hope he's a keeper but you never know with this show. They have their permanent favorite pros, seemingly much moreso than Strictly does, so it's hard to "break in." And lucky Val has big-star bro points in his favor - leaving the male field extra hard to insert yourself into forever. Speaking of which, why is Tony there every danged season? I even like the guy, but his choregraphy is boring, he treats his celebs the same way every time, and it's just DULL to watch. I feel the same about Louis but at least he's not on my screen twice a year like clockwork. Sheesh - does he have a picture of Conrad Green being naughty with a sheep or something?

+ Reply to Thread