+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Are you all happy with this season 14 cast

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: are you all happy with this season cast

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Does anyone else miss Louis? I really wish that just once they'd given him a partner to whom he didn't have to be a part time therapist as well as a dance instructor. Considering what he managed to do with Kelly Osbourne, he deserved a real chance to win at some point.
    I'd be surprised if Louis becomes much of a regular again. I feel like they'll go to him only if they need him, and with the addition of Tristan and Val, plus the troupe, plus the more popular pros that aren't going anywhere if the show can help it, I think Louis's not exactly in demand. I enjoyed him during his seasons with Kelly, Lisa Rinna, and Monique Coleman especially. I got bored of his comedy schtick with Niecy, and I think he didn't do Margaret any favors going that route right off the bat. If Louis were to come back, I doubt it would be with a serious contender to win. Unless he got lucky and the celeb turned into the female version of Gilles or J.R. I'd rather Louis back than Derek or Mark. I realized that last season marked the first time in the shows history none of the original pros who were on season one were on the show. I still wouldn't mind seeing a shake up in the pro line up. It seems they're willing to change everything else but what needs to be changed (adding new blood, the judges, Brooke, the singers, the horrible song choices). Even the partnerships have gotten predictable.

Does anyone else miss Louis? I really wish that just once they'd given him a partner to whom he didn't have to be a part time therapist as well as a dance instructor. Considering what he managed to do with Kelly Osbourne, he deserved a real chance to win at some point.
    I like him. He did very well with Kelly I would take him over Maks or Tristan any day.
    norealityhere likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I like him. He did very well with Kelly I would take him over Maks or Tristan any day.

And there we differ dramatically--I'd rather they get Louis back and give Derek and Mark a season off at the same time.
    karalott, mom2, GabbyG and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

Re: Are you all happy with this season 14 cast

I just read an article dated January 2012 in which Louis said the show had him under contract for five years, beginning in 2011. If they aren't using him this season either (he said he actually appreciated having a season off), I wonder if that means they've had to buy out his contract or he still owes them some years in the future.

The contracts are all in the show's favor. The dancer has to be available for any season they might be called in for, during the term of the contract, but the show is not obligated to use them (or pay them.)

And there we differ dramatically--I'd rather they get Louis back and give Derek and Mark a season off at the same time.
    Derek did have time off, its Maks( OMG will he or wont he retun) with the navel gazing shirt that that needs time off
    norealityhere likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    What??? I know you don't like Maks and you have stated that many, many times. But what is wrong with Tristan? How can you not love his "Lucky Charms" accent? LOL

As for Louis, he's alright. I've only liked him with a couple of his celebs, Kelly being one of them. I saw him a few weeks ago on The Talk promoting a DVD exercise/dance video.

This surprised me from Wikipedia:

He moved to New York City in 1991 and after he stopped competing, at age 26, and began coaching dancers such as Tony Dovolani, Karina Smirnoff, and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

I had no idea that he coached them. Impressive.
    karalott, jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

What??? I know you don't like Maks and you have stated that many, many times. But what is wrong with Tristan? How can you not love his "Lucky Charms" accent? LOL

I dont care for his accent.
    -Andy Rooney-

Tristan's my favorite but I'm ok with everybody except Tony or Louis. And I don't dislike them - I just think they're boring and I'm tired of Tony, after all these seasons. Maybe I'd be ready to see him again if he took a season or two off. Louis I just don't get. To me, he isn't handsome and he's sort of fussy or something - and I haven't found his choreography for celebs to be memorable. I liked Kelly ok but I think I would have liked her with anybody - it was her, not him, that I took to. Same with Lisa Rinna. I understand sort of why Maks is popular but I've never been a fan - sometimes I think he's too mean to his celebs and that makes me angry. But like I said, I know he has a lot of fans, so ok, that's important to the show so I can take it - but Louis and Corky? And even Tony. I wish they'd just go away.
    Last edited by Elsa66; 03-04-2012 at 06:19 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    Tristan's my favorite but I'm ok with everybody except Tony or Louis. And I don't dislike them - I just think they're boring and I'm tired of Tony, after all these seasons. Maybe I'd be ready to see him again if he took a season or two off. Louis I just don't get. To me, he isn't handsome and he's sort of fussy or something - and I haven't found his choreography for celebs to be memorable. I liked Kelly ok but I think I would have liked her with anybody - it was her, not him, that I took to. Same with Lisa Rinna. I understand sort of why Maks is popular but I've never been a fan - sometimes I think he's too mean to his celebs and that makes me angry. But like I said, I know he has a lot of fans, so ok, that's important to the show so I can take it - but Louis and Corky? And even Tony. I wish they'd just go away.

Corky I think he has gone away!
    karalott likes this.

+ Reply to Thread