+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Are you all happy with this season 14 cast

Re: are you all happy with this season cast

I think Mark still has fans, sorry, but I like him. I dont care about the darned spats, its what his feet do in them .I enjoy the MJ moves now and then.

What I dont care for is those that have their shirts unbuttoned to their navel, to take away from their lousy , same old same old boring choreography!

Just saying
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Mark still has fans, sorry, but I like him. I dont care about the darned spats, its what his feet do in them .I enjoy the MJ moves now and then.

What I dont care for is those that have their shirts unbuttoned to their navel, to take away from their lousy , same old same old boring choreography!

Just saying
    Nothing wrong with that - and I think he can be a good dancer. But - as much as I know he hates this, usually people want to watch the woman dance over the male in these types of dances. I'm a woman, (and straight just to totally clear the air) but I'll admit that even I tend to focus more on the woman in the dance than the male.

I think that has been Mark's problem - people focus on the woman so he feels that he needs to do this stuff instead of finding a way to compliment his partner.

IMHO only - I think that if Mark focus on a compliment instead of trying to mug, people would like him better and I think he'd even be a better dancer for it. Even Derek I've noticed remembers overall that his partner is the star, and I think that's why I"ve enjoyed his dancing more - though I will admit that I didn't want him to win last year because I felt JR really was the overall best dancer for the contestants.
    fireflyer, KatesMom and Fanny Mare like this.

I know what you are saying he should showcase his partner, I get that, and agree. I still enjoy him.Some of the women when their partner isn't great, will add a fringed dress, or dance all around said partner. I dont think any one person is perfect on this show .Not any judge, not the dancers.

I agree JR was far better last time, but Derek's choreography to Psycho was outstanding.
    fireflyer likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Nothing wrong with that - and I think he can be a good dancer. But - as much as I know he hates this, usually people want to watch the woman dance over the male in these types of dances. I'm a woman, (and straight just to totally clear the air) but I'll admit that even I tend to focus more on the woman in the dance than the male.

I think that has been Mark's problem - people focus on the woman so he feels that he needs to do this stuff instead of finding a way to compliment his partner.

IMHO only - I think that if Mark focus on a compliment instead of trying to mug, people would like him better and I think he'd even be a better dancer for it. Even Derek I've noticed remembers overall that his partner is the star, and I think that's why I"ve enjoyed his dancing more - though I will admit that I didn't want him to win last year because I felt JR really was the overall best dancer for the contestants.
    You have summed it up perfectly! I actually think Mark is a pretty good dancer. What I can't stand is his mugging and trying to outshine his partner. If he wants to be the star, I think he should go somewhere else. If he wants to be on this show, then I wish he would get that it is about making his partner look good and when he constantly outdances them, he is not doing them any favors.

I don't know half the people in this cast, but I like that there are no stunt castings, drama castings or obvious ringers. Some of my favorite performers from the past seasons are people I had no idea who they were before the season started. I will definitely tune in and give it a chance.

Makes me wonder why they keep him then. he sounds pretty despicable when you read about him
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Makes me wonder why they keep him then. he sounds pretty despicable when you read about him
    Mark brings in viewers like Derek to see if they'll be ousted or not. People love a villain of sorts.

Mark brings in viewers like Derek to see if they'll be ousted or not. People love a villain of sorts.
    Oh I see .LOL .Well Derek Is wonderful, I was unhappy when he wasnt on, so I am very happy
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know if I consider Mark a villian or a ratings draw. He seems to just annoy fans, but doesn't get the same press coverage or have the same polarizing tone and following Maks does. I'm waiting for Mark to really try and get out of Derek's shadow and one up Maks by spouting off to the judges. Mark gets people talking, but not in a way other pros do, and most of it isn't good, but it's not like a main subject of 'oh Derek and Maks, back again'. I do think Mark is better off on a man show. I remember during season 12 the subject of Hough envy came up (still love MF's recap on that). Given the fact his two BFFs have reached some kind of success or opportunities outside the show that he wants to have, maybe that's where his 'look at me' attitude comes from. Even some of the other pros have had opportunities that Mark hasn't.

I will say, though, that his partner aside, it does keep me on pins and needles when he winds up in the bottom 2 and I'm hoping Tom reads his name as the one that's getting booted. Love seeing that look on his face

FORT Fogey

Does anyone else miss Louis? I really wish that just once they'd given him a partner to whom he didn't have to be a part time therapist as well as a dance instructor. Considering what he managed to do with Kelly Osbourne, he deserved a real chance to win at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Does anyone else miss Louis? I really wish that just once they'd given him a partner to whom he didn't have to be a part time therapist as well as a dance instructor. Considering what he managed to do with Kelly Osbourne, he deserved a real chance to win at some point.
    I'm not Louis' biggest fan, but I do think he's done great with some of his partners.
    And, I would have preferred him over Val any day of the week.

I've not heard of more than 50% of the cast, so I'm not all that excited about this season.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread