+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Are you all happy with this season 14 cast

Re: are you all happy with this season cast

I'm happy with the cast, although I must concede that I'm no longer measuring casts by whether they are really "stars", or whether they can dance, but rather by the lack of stunt casting.

Hopefully the producers listened other fan suggestions and this is the first of many improvements for the season.

I'm very happy with the cast. For those of you who don't know Donald Driver.... as a huge football fan in Wisconsin. I really REALLY think you will fall in love with him. His smile is contagious and he is just a all around team player that loves what he does and the fans that support him. He does alot for the community and is a spokeperson for Goodwill.
    I can't wait for you all to get to know him
    karalott, Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb View Post
    I'm very happy with the cast. For those of you who don't know Donald Driver.... as a huge football fan in Wisconsin. I really REALLY think you will fall in love with him. His smile is contagious and he is just a all around team player that loves what he does and the fans that support him. He does alot for the community and is a spokeperson for Goodwill.

I had never heard of him, but when I saw him on GMA yesterday I thought - he is going to be fun to watch. He does look like a really happy guy & not hard on the eyes either
    karalott likes this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I had never heard of him, but when I saw him on GMA yesterday I thought - he is going to be fun to watch. He does look like a really happy guy & not hard on the eyes either
    That's exactly what I thought. And then someone posted a picture here of him smiling, and I was sold The only football player I never liked was LT, although he did provide some funny moments. Everyone else has had a really good, fun, carefree attitude for the most part. And it's hard not to get into their excitement. I just hope the judges come up with better critiques for him than 'who knew football players could be so light on their feet'. If the producers have listened to fans complaints and that's why we got a controversy free cast this season, then, as RickiRick said above, I hope their are more changes to this season, including Brooke and the judges (I know they aren't going anywhere, but hopefully they've given them a talking to about their lack of charisma when hosting and their attitudes towards judging). I felt like the judges have gotten more flack in the last 3 seasons, with last season especially coming to a head.

Makes me wonder if Mark will make Katherine go up and shake her fanny in front of Bruno. I'm sure we'll see that with all the ladies at some point Hopefully they made the judges table off limits.

Quote Originally Posted by wisgalb View Post
    I expect him to be very simlar to Hines Ward--both play the same position (receiver), both known for their smiles. I'm glad to see that of all the NFL players available they seem to have spent some time selecting those that have a chance to do well on this show. For some reason they seem to do a much better job selecting NFL players than other non-olympic sports.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

I'm happy with the cast this time. No ringers that I know of, one of my pet hates. I've at least heard of most of the cast, & like a lot of them. No one I just don't want to see on my TV screen.
    I'd never heard of him, but looked up the Telemundo guy. I hope he can dance, 'cause he's definitely easy on the eyes.
    jucamer and Fanny Mare like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Like this season well enough - but HATE that Katherine Jenkins, a very talented woman in singing and acting, is paired up with mugging and wanting to be the star instead of his partner Ballas.

Such a gifted lady - who could lead the way to having other internationally known (even if slight but still) stars come and dance on the show - has to get paired with HIM.

I feel for her, but hopefully Katherine has the guts to tell him that it's not JUST him.
    karalott and DancingDad like this.

I am. I just love the dancing in the end.It isnt easy, I couldn't do it( not anymore) so kudos to those that try, and good luck to everyone.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Like this season well enough - but HATE that Katherine Jenkins, a very talented woman in singing and acting, is paired up with mugging and wanting to be the star instead of his partner Ballas.

Such a gifted lady - who could lead the way to having other internationally known (even if slight but still) stars come and dance on the show - has to get paired with HIM.

I feel for her, but hopefully Katherine has the guts to tell him that it's not JUST him.
    I wish that the judges would call him out, but since that won't happen (unless Mark really takes it to the extreme and shoves his partner off the floor while he busts into his poor attempt at Michael Jackson moves) I'm looking forward to the day when he gets a partner who brings him back down to earth. Assuming he can hear or believe that with the size of his ego. Chelsea was the closest one so far to bring up his rule breaking in the dances, but Mark just jumped backstage like a happy little troll and said they weren't rule breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post

Yes, this!

I hold out hope that this is the year Mark transforms into everyone's favorite dancer! Or at least transforms to "only mildly annoying." Okay, unlikely, but if it is ever going to happen this would be the perfect time to start.

Mark is puzzling: I have to assume that he is aware of fan reaction to his "style", and he is aware of how important fan votes are, but he doesn't change, instead seems to become more annoying every season. Is he unable to change? Does he believe we will eventually come around to his style? Does he have ambitions other than DWTS that depend on him pushing the bad boy image on DWTS? Is he just really really committed and unable to pull back on the intensity?

A few changes would go so far--ditch the spats, the mugging, the MJ moves.

Rant over.
    karalott likes this.

+ Reply to Thread