+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DWTS Reruns on GSN (Game Show Network)

DWTS Reruns on GSN (Game Show Network)

We can use this thread to discuss older episodes being aired on GSN (Game Show Network). Obviously, there are no spoilers to worry about. You can use our List of Celebrities and Pros archive thread to catch up on the seasons being discussed.

Dancing With The Stars on GSN, the Game Show Network

-----------------------

They started tonight at 6PM ET with the Season 4 premiere (Apolo Ohno, Leila Ali, Heather Mills, etc.). I didn't watch the show regularly back then -- and the biggest difference I'm noticing to today's version of the show is that Tom B seemed positively subdued back then compared to now!

Also, it was nice to see a time when Carrie Ann wasn't a complete spazz (although her critiques were just as lame). And Samantha Harris --, well she was still Samantha, but I can now definitely say she was better than Brooke.

At first I thought GSN was skipping the results shows, because they went straight from the premiere to the 2nd week's dances. But then Tom said that it was a 2-week combined score setup, so maybe they aren't.

I like having these old shows on as an alternative , in case nothing else is on...
    Last edited by MFWalkoff; 01-22-2012 at 03:21 AM.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS Reruns on GSN (Game Show Network)

I'm jealous of those who get GSN I'd watch these in a heart beat. Absolutely loved season 4! I had been watching since the beginning, but that was a season that really had me hooked as a fan. I wasn't a fan of Maks's then; didn't like Karina; obviously wasn't suffering from Hough fatigue at this point (Apolo/Julianne remain one of my all time favorites-before the pros got bigger than the show, I found her presence a nice contrast to some of the other female pros on there). And how I miss Edyta and Alec. Oh, and Jonathan. I remember when Heather Mills was considered the lowest form of stunt casting the show could stoop to. I also think this is back when the show wouldn't consider someone like Tara Reid for being un-family friendly. How far they've come This was the first season they did Dance Center. Now that's something that's a big contrast to how much more fun it is today. The show was better back then because it was so much more drama free, natural, anything goes, more about unbiased judging and favoritism. And IIRC, Carrie Ann didn't pay attention to alleged lifts back during season 4.

I thought I had GSN but now they made it a pay channel

They finished up season 4 this weekend -- next weekend they're jumping to season 12 (Kirstie Alley, Ralph Macchio, Hines Ward, and no Derek).
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

They had a marathon of Season 5 today -- there's another marathon tomorrow (Wed 4th) from 9AM-3PM ET.

It might be the conclusion of S5 (Helio, MelB, Marie, Cameron etc.) or a different season...
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

FYI: To counter the Super Bowl, GSN is showing Season 6 tonight (Kristi Yamaguchi, Shanon Elizabeth etc).

It's already started and will continue into the night.
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

+ Reply to Thread