+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree77Likes

Thread: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

Re: *Dancing With the Stars 14 (Spring 2012)* Spoilers & Speculation

At least there doesn't seem to be stunt casting, but won't know for sure until they announce last slot and the partners.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    At least there doesn't seem to be stunt casting, but won't know for sure until they announce last slot and the partners.
    Oh yeah, I was just thinking 'at least no Kardashians/Jenners or Jersey Shore garbage' Guess I spoke too soon on that Hopefully this season, if this cast turns out to be true, is better than it looks on paper (and not as predictable).

Well his fiance turfed him. Maks that is

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    And they almost made it without the cast being spoiled

Yeah, this is a pretty pitiful cast. DWTSGossip recently listed Catherine and Martina as being rumored; never heard of them, but I figured they were just a bunch of red herrings thrown out by the producers to keep people talking. Who and who? Actually, who to almost everyone. I see Maria, Sherri, Jack, Jaleel, and Melissa getting by based on fanbase. I feel like they're making it obvious based on that who they want to ensure a quick exit and who they want to stick around.

Hopefully Val and Maks get one of the ladies listed above so they can stick around. Maria should be the right height for them. So I'm thinking, based on height, Derek and Mark (ugh) get Melissa and Sherri (ugh, again, since those 2 will probably be around close to the end-and will no doubt be gushed upon by the judges to be better than they are if they get those 2). In googling some of these names, it seems like the same cookie cutter cast (Disney star, Latin American model, token older star, nostalgia, Disney, football...)

The last two seasons look A-list compared to this group. Really show, this is the best you can do? I'm going to hope this is false.

She makes it obvious every season she's got the hots for Derek. Me? I'll take Maks. Maybe he turned CA down and that's her big tiff.

I've been saying that for awhile as well. As if..... I'm betting the last slot goes to Robin Roberts since they are being announced on GMA & keeping one spot a secret.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I've been saying that for awhile as well. As if..... I'm betting the last slot goes to Robin Roberts since they are being announced on GMA & keeping one spot a secret.
    I had seen rumors before that CA and Tony hooked up, and that's why she has a grudge against him. But I don't see how that's possible or think it's true. Tony's been married for 10+ years, and I think prior to that CA had other boyfriends. Unless it was a one night stand. Maybe she was a different kind of dancer at Tony's bachelor party and he turned her down If you've ever seen what she looked like dancing for Madonna, I could believe it. I think its more Maks and Tony have put her in her place in regards to not knowing what she's talking about (which I feel is true), and that ticked her off to be made to look like a moron. Which she doesn't exactly need help in doing.

I hope the missing contestant isn't someone from The Bachelor. It seems to go along with what DWTSGossip had reported today-the two contestants Catherine and Martina, and then they mentioned there was still a female that either hadn't signed on or hadn't been revealed.

I'm trying to figure out, height wise, who the celebs could go to. For the guys I'm guessing Chelsie gets the Disney star (of all the Disney stars that are well known they always cast the ones I've never heard of). As for the rest of the guys, I have no idea. I feel like, based on name recognition, a female could win this year. I'll say again that Melissa and possibly Sherri will go to Derek and Mark based on height. Tony will probably get the girl most guaranteed for an early boot. I could possibly see Sherri going to either Chmerkovskiy, but one of them will probably get the other obscure female in the cast. Maria and Robin (if that's true) would be the contenders for Tristan, Maks/Val.

Spring seasons have rarely let me down (until the producers stick their noses in and the judges show their bias) so I'm keeping my fingers crossed this is a good one.

ETA: Here's a link from the site Pure DWTS with what's apparently the spread from TV Guide. If you read the article, looks like the producers wanted to steer away from controversy after last season. Melissa Gilbert recovering from an injury? If she gets Derek I wonder if it'll be Jennifer Grey pt 2 with the rehearsal package tears of being in pain. Katherine Jenkins is a Welsh opera singer-maybe she'll be Tristan's partner. I don't mind not having anyone controversial this season, although it appears they definitely went for a feel good cast.

DWTS Season 14 Cast Revealed?? You Be the Judge! | Pure Dancing with the Stars
    Last edited by karalott; 02-27-2012 at 09:02 PM.

DWTSGossip has the pairings:

Melissa/Maks
    Maria/Derek (ugh-oh well, better him than Mark)
    Sherri/Val ( so excited for these two)
    Katherine/Mark (hopefully an early exit for him again-not sure what type of fan base she'll have)
    Martina/Tony (poor Tony-guy can't catch a break)
    ???/Tristan

Gavin/Karina
    Jack/Anna (excited for these two as well)
    Jaleel/Kym (and these two)
    Roshon/Chelsie (just excited for Chelsie to be back)
    William/Cheryl (seems like a token Cheryl partner that she'll use the sex factor for)
    Donald/Peta

I saw Maria doing a dancing bit on Access Hollywood once; she has moves. She's tall she may be gangly, but I could see her going the way of Erin Andrews and Shannon Elizabeth. I'm happy that Val has someone that can get him past week 2 this time. Kind of hard to tell where fan bases will come into play, because there's bound to be surprises and disappointments. But I think Jack, Melissa, Sherri, Maria, and possibly Gavin and Donald will have that edge for now. Cheryl will probably manage to get into the semis or close to it; I looked up William Levy and he is pretty cute Don't know anything about the Disney kid, but Kyle and Chelsea did pretty well, and our Chelsie had a season off, so that might help.

ETA: Okay, William Levy is CA will definitely have her eye candy with him. I only wish he hadn't gone to Cheryl (yawn). But I figured out where I'd seen him before-he played in a Spanish soap called Triunfo del Amor that Joel McHale continually made fun of on The Soup. Might be some good bits here. I had never heard of him, but hopefully he's got moves. My favorite pre show 6 right now would be Maria (Derek and all), Jaleel, Jack, Melissa (for Maks), Sherri, and, if he's any good, William.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-27-2012 at 10:12 PM.

Melissa and Maks !!!!! Jack & Anna Val

Poor Tony - I like Martina but I fear she doesn't have any dance rhythm. I hope I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Poor Tony - I like Martina but I fear she doesn't have any dance rhythm. I hope I'm wrong!
    I've never heard of her, which is usually the case with about half the cast in any given season Getting over my initial shock I guess this cast isn't too bad. I guess it was more of a 'who' and 'huh' more than usual when the cast is revealed, and not who I was expecting. Some interesting 'stars', but I'm nervous who the last name will be (DWTSGossip seems to think it's a female Disney star; but I don't know if they'd cast two Disney stars at once. Unless that Nicole Anderson rumor turns out being true). It certainly could have been worse given some of the names floating around out there, but I think the show has had better. As I said before, I think the shows best days are behind it, because it's not like they're ever going to cast legit A-listers. Not sure what to really think of how it will go, however. I don't know enough about Sherri to really have an opinion on her, but from what I've seen of her I think she's nice. And, if she helps keep Val around this season, I'll be a fan I've wanted Jaleel White on here for a long time, and Kym is always a lot of fun with her partners, so I'm expecting good things from them if he has the right attitude. I wouldn't care if Karina had an early exit this season. I feel like Martina/Tony could be the first ones to go. He always seems to get the cannon fodder who have no chance, and when he does get a decent partner, he's up against someone unbeatable or she has no fanbase. I'm not a big fan of Melissa's, as I said, but I hope she and Maks deliver. Maria will probably ride Derek's fanbase and the judges praise, but at least she'll have her own. I just don't want her to win now. I've never heard of the singer Mark is paired with, but I still don't get why he always gets the young girls. Hopefully I don't end up liking her because I want him gone. Although seeing his attitude come out when he doesn't get his own way is pretty funny. I hope Jack also delivers in the dancing department; he and Anna will hopefully be a good pair, too. Chelsie's always cute with her younger parters (and Ty) so hopefully she has a good season back. I'd love to see her finally make the finals. I do hope for Peta's sake, too, that she lasts longer this season, although football players have the track record.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-27-2012 at 10:44 PM.

Donald Driver is doing the show? Get out of town. He's my favorite Green bay Packer. His smile just lights up a room.

And Gavin DeGraw. Dangit. I might actually have to watch this season just for them.
    navybelle likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

+ Reply to Thread